Search results

1. Nevil Bamshoot

Near-field monitors. Which ones?

I actually bought a set of these about 2 months ago. They have broken in really nicely, pretty rich, detailed sound, but unlikely to overwhelm a small room. They do have the rear port thing though, so maybe that makes them not ideal for this situation...I keep mine a few inches from the wall...
  2. Nevil Bamshoot

What am I doing wrong? Weird sound...

Hopefully this attempt at a sound sample will go correctly...oops, it totally did not. Oh well, apparently I can't embed this particular widget here. This is a link to a sample recording I did about a week ago.
  3. Nevil Bamshoot

A good question! Generally, financial reasons, for now. I no longer have access to the program, and don't want to pony up for it. Maybe some day.
  4. Nevil Bamshoot

Oh I should add, I haven't installed any extra plugins in my Garageband yet, though I've downloaded a bunch. I will look into the ones that you mentioned, Sendrith. Thanks! I'm used to using Cubase, so even though Garageband is 'basic', I'm still learning about its ins and outs as well.
  5. Nevil Bamshoot

Hello all, thanks for the responses and suggestions, I appreciate it. I will try to do some responding myself. The A/DA GCS-3 isn't a passive device, so there shouldn't be signal loss. There isn't when I just run it into the PA anyway. I've only been using it in DI mode, as the Cab Sims add a...
  6. Nevil Bamshoot

Well, I may be doing several things wrong, but just thought I'd ask people more knowledgeable than myself for some help here. I have done some home recording here and there over the past few years. I've never gotten too advanced with it, but I'm trying to do so now. I'm using an Apogee Duet...
Top Bottom