Search results

1. C

Dimarzio Steve Morse Bridge pickup

Anyone have much experience with these? What can I expect in front of a high gain marshall style amp?
  2. C

Guitars - price vs hype vs expectations vs joy

For me, the best bang for buck guitar has always been Carvin. Top notch quality, not much hype, not a lot cost either. I see lesser quality guitars go for 2grand new, when you can get he similar style Carvin for half the price.
  3. C

I am in love

Regret the day I got rid of my Mirage custom I got when I was 17 back in 1988
  4. C

What kind of paint and clear closs should I use?

I want to take an already finished guitar body from one of my Carvin Guitars, Finished in a Blue solid paint color, and have my kids put their hands in paint and then put their hand prints on the guitar. Then I figure I need some kind of sealant or clear gloss to go over it to protect the hand...
  5. C

Stupid me!!!!!!!!

Was looking at the dimarzio Freq Q&A, and saw what their belief was on pickup height, they claim humbucking bridge pickup should be 1.5 mm from high e and low e should be about 2mm. Well anyway was on the guitar part of this forum and saw a similiar topic about pickup heights, and it seemed...
  6. C

Show iff your Carvins!!!

Here are 3 more of mine.
  7. C

I love Carvin

OK I would equate Carvin's amps and other p.a. stuff to peavey, but their Guitars are waaayy better. I would compare Carvin guitars more inline with ESP and PRS. Definitely better quality than Fender and Gibson. actually I would equate Carvins PA stuff to Mackie
  8. C

I love Carvin

I always change out the pickups, just dont care for the carvin pickups but other than that I do see anyone else doing what they are and what they can do.
  9. C

I love Carvin

I still say best quality and best value going right now. I love this guitar. Maple body and neck, rosewood fret board and claro walnut top.
  10. C

Need a passive pickup that sounds exactly

I dont like Zakk Wyldes tone, and my Guitar with the EMG 85 in the bridge(Steve Lukathur prewired Pickguard) into my PT100 with tmb all at noon doesnt sound a thing like Zakk wyldes overly pumped nasla mid tone.
  11. C

I also do like the JB but would want just a tad more bass and higher output. I love the emg 85 but would want a tad less bass. I am leanign towards The d-actviator but may have to much bass, the evolution and Steve More but may be too bright. Looking something like 450 output but with a...
  12. C

Carvin DC127m No where to put the battery plus I want passive. I just love the super clarity of the EMG 85 and I am sure there is a passive pickup just like it. I will probably go with the d activator set
  13. C

Dont want to route my guitars and dont want to deal with batteries. I think the D activators will do what I want.
  14. C

like a EMG 85. Tried that today into my PT100 and loved it compared to the following below in the bridge JB second best choice Dimarzio Breed Dimarzio Mo'Jo SD custom custom SD Invader Now I am leaning towards the Dimarzio D activator or a Duncan Distortion...what do you recommend
  15. C

Show me your Kramers!!

I remember growing up as a guitar player and being about 15 at the time thinking the Kramer Nightswan was the coolest guitar ever!!! Never could aford one and had a Kramer Focus 6000 which was cool in its own right. When I finanlly could get a 1000 buck guitar I was 17 and my Kramer was...
  16. C

Whats your thought on Guitars covered only in tung oil?

How often do you have to refinnish with the tung oil? I use lemon oil on them once a month to keep the wood fresh and clean.
  17. C

Whats your thought on Guitars covered only in tung oil?

I buy usually from Carvin, but the last 4 guitars I have gotten from them have only been tung oiled on a natural wood color. No dyes/paints or clear gloss. just the whole guitar tung oiled. i prefer the look and feel of the guitar this way. Never went too deep on how it sounds, but I do know...
  18. C

Ebony fret board issue

Well I decided, it is going back and to make sure thye dont screw it up again I think I will ask for Rosewood :)
  19. C

Ebony fret board issue

I went to home depot before even posting this thread and tried an ebony stain and it just wiped off after sitting on there for 2 hours. Tried it on just a small test area, but then again I didnt use the naphth stuff before. I wouldnt want to stain the whole fret board, just the affected areas.
  20. C

Ebony fret board issue

Thats the issue , I didnt know I had too stipulate that cause this is the first of 13 I got from them that wasnt all black naturally.
  21. C

Ebony fret board issue

According to Carvin you cannot stain a ebony fret board. So how can I be sure this will work?
  22. C

Ebony fret board issue

Well, how can I dye it myself to make the color uniform?
  23. C

Ebony fret board issue

Its just odd to me cause i have had 15 other Carvins and they were always uniform in color and they never painted them then. Just surprised why this one has this light streak that runs the whole length of the fret board.
  24. C

Ebony fret board issue

Would this bother your or not, brand new guitar I got and the fret board looks like this. Carvin already offered to do the rebuild for free, but they told me this was just a normal characteristic of the wood.
Top Bottom