Search results

1. Nevil Bamshoot

Converting a J Mascis Jazzmaster to baritone...

looks neat though, eh?
  2. Nevil Bamshoot

Thanks for the response! I plan on having it most frequently tuned B-B, some A-A, some open tunings. I just happen to like playing larger strings at times, you can get a really nice attack sound and kind of a percussive, piano-like thing going on. I've found some more info in the mean time...
  3. Nevil Bamshoot

...got the Warmoth baritone conversion neck on the way, maple w/rosewood, GraphTech nut. the main questions I have left and can't seem to find satisfactory answers to are (1) what are the 'best' tuning machines to use for a 6-string baritone that will be 13 or so on the high B and high60s-low70s...
  4. Nevil Bamshoot

Speculation: Fender "The Edge" Signature Stratocaster

no, it's believable. comparing Honey Boo Boo to Kurt Cobain on a guitar enthusiast forum is nothing if not trolling.
  5. Nevil Bamshoot

Speculation: Fender "The Edge" Signature Stratocaster

lolz at anyone here trying to talk s#it about the Edge, he smokes every single one of you over and over for days. I'm not at all in the market for a new Strat, but an Edge signature - I'm surprised that wasn't already happening 15 years ago. and nearly all of U2s recent artistic output has been...
  6. Nevil Bamshoot

Squier J Mascis Jazzmaster

Hey Folks, so I have been sorta interested in the Squier VM Baritone Jazzmaster, BUT - not crazy about the finish, the lack of trem, and a few other things. Has anyone tried getting a set of 12 or 13s and tuning the Mascis JM to baritone? How's it sound if so? Thanks!
  7. Nevil Bamshoot

Johnny Marr Jaguar!

Yeah, I've read through a bunch of it, but it's very long! But I think I've arrived at the conclusion you state above - I'm going to get the Mastery, and I'm going to freakin love it. Thanks all!
  8. Nevil Bamshoot

Johnny Marr Jaguar!

The StayTrem looks interesting, but seems like it's nearly as expensive as the Mastery. I'm a little worried that it says its 52mm instead of 55mm, as I'm already dealing with a bridge that's slightly smaller than it needs to be. Might have to go with the Mastery...
  9. Nevil Bamshoot

Johnny Marr Jaguar!

Bumping this up - just wondering if anyone has had any good results replacing the bridge with (1) just another mustang bridge, (2) the M1 Mastery bridge or (3) another bridge besides either of those? I saw someone recommend a Warmoth earlier on in the thread, but they don't seem to match the...
  10. Nevil Bamshoot

Fender Aerodyne Strat Repair Question

Hey, sorry to have been unclear. I guess I'm just wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a bridge/trem that would be more fun or more useful than the standard vintage synchronized tremolo that that Aerodyne strat comes standard with.
  11. Nevil Bamshoot

Fender Aerodyne Strat Repair Question

Hello good folks, I've got a question. I'm restoring a flood-damaged Fender Aerodyne Strat (MIJ, blue flame model). I'm mostly looking to restore to its original specs and basic components, but was interested in any suggestions about the bridge & tremolo setup. Are there any fun things I can do...
  12. Nevil Bamshoot

Johnny Marr Jaguar!

I've been wanting one of these since a few months before they came out when promotional info started leaking. Johnny Marr is my favorite guitarist and I watched him explain all of his decisions as to what you will find on the guitar and thought "I have to have that." The most I've ever spent on...
Top Bottom