Search results

1. S

Collings question

I thought the knobs and binding were made in-house. Check their site.
  2. S

How close is a Collings I35 to a great 335?

The JS model. Bought mine back in 2006 new, so it is the newer version.
  3. S

They are a continuation of each other, as opposed to being seperate.
  4. S

You're right man. I just got done playing one of my students 535's and it is a very nice guitar. Well worth the money. She got hers for around $1800 new. One more thing I want to say, and it is in terms of woods used in the construction of these guitars. My Scofield was all maple with a...
  5. S

Calm down guys! There are dogs everywhere. I've played more Gibson dogs than Collings dogs. That's not hard to believe since Gibby makes 20 trillion guitars per year, but I'm sure that Collings has made a few. Amazing 335's are around! Take your time to find one if that's what you want!
  6. S

Got a '59 335. Had a Ibanez John Scofield model that I traded in for the Collings I-35. I'm in my late 30's, so of course I didn't purchase the '59 335 new, but I can only imagine that the Collings just might sound like a great new one purchased back then. I can't wait to hear this thing in...
  7. S

Show your Suhr!

wow!
  8. S

Show your Suhr!

wow!!!!!
  9. S

Collings I 35 Guitar, WOW!

Talk about great guitars! I just got my I-35, and I had to give up my PRS Modern Eagle to do so. Tell ya' what, not a single moment of regret have I had! It is absolutely the finest electric I have ever owned or played, and I have an all original 1959 es-335 that has had the crap played out...
  10. S

Collings I-35 with pick guard

Nice axe! Just got mine last week. Amazing guitars!! I may have to get a pick guard installed. http://www.eddiesguitars.com/IMG_3383.JPG
  11. S

Collings Content!

I know what you mean. I got rid of my PRS Modern Eagle to fund this one. The ME just wasn't getting played at all, and I don't have the sort of money to keep a guitar collection that is just gathering dust and not helping me generate income, so out it went, and in came the Collings. I don't...
  12. S

Collings Content!

Thanks Shane. Man, this thing has soooooo much sonic ballance. It's the first guitar that I have ever played where the pickups seem to feel like an extension of each other. The bridge pickup simply continues where the neck pickup left off. It is a continuation of the sonic stream as opposed...
  13. S

Collings Content!

The I-35 is 15 inches across the body. A normal 335 is 16 inches. I traded in a 2 year old Ibanez John Schofield model and you can tell the difference in the size.
  14. S

Collings Content!

Thanks!
  15. S

Collings Content!

Fuchs ODS30 112, or ODS100 head through various cabs. Also got a Boogie Lonestar Classic 212 that I haven't had a chance to play it through.
  16. S

Collings Content!

Just picked this up today. Loving it!!!! http://www.eddiesguitars.com/IMG_3383.JPG
Top Bottom