Search results

1. D

Why I role my eyes everytime I hear people praise Squire classic vibe.

Its funny, my experience has been the exact opposite. MIM fenders feel like cheapo toys and the CVs feel like a real instrument.
  2. D

Is this Les Paul worth $1400?

That does look like a nice guitar and I've heard that the 90s classics are better than the later ones. However, this would be a big guitar purchase for me and i really don't want a cherry burst. I know, its stupid but I'd much rather have a tobacco burst or even a honey burst. I think i'll...
  3. D

Yeah, it's been the source of some Craigslist drama because it's been on there for a while with no price change. I always forget about Chris' I need to check there more often. So it sounds like the consensus is that if I play the guitar and love it then it's an ok price but if not then its...
  4. D

ok, cool. Thanks guys!
  5. D

This has been on my Craigslist for ages. http://albany.craigslist.org/msg/2479256533.html I think it's a 2004 and I think the seller has got kind of a stubborn/pride thing about sticking to his price so I probably wouldn't be able to deal much, if at all. I'm interested in it but I'm not sure...
  6. D

what kind of tele should i get for my first tele?

I've never played a MIM Tele I like as much as my CV burst squire Tele. IMHO, its very giggable and durable. MIM teles always feel chincey to me and the squire doesnt.
  7. D

Squier Classic Vibe Tele Pickguards...?

Sorry to bump an old thread but just wanted to check before i order. WKG: did you have to do any modifications to get the pick guard to fit or did it just drop right on? I have the same guitar and want to get the same pickguard. Also what did you check in the second drop down menu? "Fender...
  8. D

Fender Classic Vibe '50's Tele for $280 shipped?

I played a couple different ones at a couple different shops before I got my CV Tele, FWIW all the ones I played were VERY similar in action and playability.
  9. D

Does anyone have any experience with the Rhythm Pick?

That site looks like it was left over from Angelfire in 1995
  10. D

Rosewood or Maple - what playes faster

I've never tried a maple fretboard I liked
  11. D

What gauge string do you use on your Les Paul?

I recently switched from light to medium (11-14-18-28-38-49) and have never been happier
  12. D

What is the best deal on an Epiphone Les Paul (or similar) right now?

I play a Samick "Greg Bennet Designed" LP copy. I put BB pros in it, got it set up well and love it. It cost me $150 plus $125 for the set of pickups. I have no desire to get any other cheaper LP style guitar. I want to some day get a real Gibson, but nothing else tempts me.
Top Bottom