Search results

1. Digitalman

Modeler Monitoring - Live drummer No PA

So, I consider there to be 3 scenarios of monitoring. 1) at home, headphones, studio monitors, 2) live sound, personal monitoring with a PA and FOH. 3) Live drummer, practice/jam, no PA. I fall into 1&3 currently. I’m not gigging as much now. Home monitoring is not an issue. But having a live...
  2. Digitalman

Duncan PS 170/Mesa Cab - VS - Yamaha DXR10 MKII

Yeah, I know, monitor preference done to death. But I’m about to get a Yamaha DXR10 MKII in the next week or so. Still wondering about a Duncan PS 170 and a Mesa/Theil 1x12 cab. I know that this boils down to personal preference, cab (amp in the room) or FRFR. I had settled on FRFR. Atomic is...
  3. Digitalman

FM3 Looper

So has anyone here made a simple patch using the looper block in the FM3? I’ve dug thru the manual and posted on the Fractal forum about it. There doesn’t seem to be any clear cut answer or tutorial anywhere. I’m just wanting to set up a simple 2 button looper patch that basically mimics an Akai...
  4. Digitalman

Loosening bolt on neck screws under string tension

Does anybody else do this? Is it a thing? Does it matter? I heard about it years ago. That if you loosen your neck screws under string tension, it’ll pull the neck tighter into the pocket and you get better neck to body contact. My old bolt on NGD ritual. Like sanding the finish out of the neck...
  5. Digitalman

NGD Charvel DK24 HSS FR

Finally. I ordered this October 29th 2020. My first NGD in 5 years. I got an LP Studio around December 2016 and I’ve played the **** out of that thing. This is something totally different for me. I’m going 180 from what I’m used to. Shelving the vintage type guitars, pedalboards and tube amps...
  6. Digitalman

Rubber Washer Straplock Problem

Grolsch, no name ones. Whatever. I always used them. They're cheap and effective. Until I started multi tasking as a musician. I compose stuff with synth, samples and sequences in it. I learned that thru Ableton Live, I can either trigger these parts, or live loop them. I'm primarily a guitar...
  7. Digitalman

2 Notes Captor for Deluxe AND Super?

Hey guys. I’ve been planning on getting a 2 Notes Captor soon. My main recording amp is an old Deluxe Reverb, which is fine at 8 ohms. But my SF Super is 2 ohms. I was hoping to be able to track with either, but I guess not. What’s out there that can be used with a Super @ 2 ohms? I know the OX...
  8. Digitalman

LDC upgrade from a Rode NT1A suggestions

Hey guys. I know there’s lots of vocal mic threads here and I’ve been digging thru them. I’ve had the same NT1A for tracking vocals for my home studio for years now. It’s served me well, but I find myself fiddling with eq quite a bit, attempting to tame the highs and brittleness. Anyone else...
  9. Digitalman

Guitar Rig with Ableton Live question

Hey guys. I have ditched my pedals and have embraced looping and running my effects thru Ableton Live. My patience with hardware loopers ran out. So I'm still somewhat new to Guitar Rig. I'm using 2 Logidy UMI-3s to send the midi commands to Guitar Rig and the Looper plugin in Ableton Live...
  10. Digitalman

Help - Broken Rat 2 Power Jack : RESOLVED

So I was swapping some pedals around last night and I don't know how, but the power jack just fell out of my Rat 2. It's powered by my PP2. I can't figure out how it came apart or how to get it back together. I'm usually pretty good at these things. And apparently the jack being intact completed...
  11. Digitalman

NGD: Les Paul Studio T

My very first LP, and in Inverness Green no less. I've been 'off' of Gibsons and humbuckers for about 8 years now. I've had many over the years, 335s, Howard Roberts, SGs, but never wanted an LP really. Mainly due to them being SO popular. I had like 4 SGs and couldn't bond with them. The HRF...
  12. Digitalman

Ditching Pedalboard for VSTs

Hey guys, I want to pose this question to the guitar effects aficionados here. The lines are beginning to blur between electronic synth and guitar playing for me and I am using Ableton in my workflow more and more. I see a point in the future where it would make sense to run my guitar thru...
  13. Digitalman

Any Ableton guitar/synth loopers here?

Just curious, there's not a keyboard or (soft) synth, looping section in the forum. Only guitar, amp, effects and recording really. Not that I'd want to hang out at a keyboard/computer type forum, but I've been mixing synths into the music I'm doing lately. Well samples more than synths, but a...
  14. Digitalman

Mainstage into Ableton Live Lite

So I'm a Logic X user and I've been using Mainstage 3 for the past year or so to access my Logic sounds and also launch drum beats and pre-recorded sequences with the playback plugin while playing live. I want to live loop my keyboard riffs and trade off with guitar loops, but the loopback...
  15. Digitalman

New 2 Button Looper with Midi?

It's come up here and there in some threads lately, but it would be great if someone would put out a simple 2 button, phrase looper, with midi sync capabilities. I've had a Flashback & Ditto, messed with the Boss RC50, Rang 2 and 3. I'm currently using a Headrush E2. Basically what I'm looking...
  16. Digitalman

Help with EV ELX 118p Sub and ZLX 12p Top with Apogee Duet

Hey guys, So we're starting to expand our PA setup beyond the single Yamaha MS400 Powered 15" we've been using for drums and vocals at rehearsal. We got a ZLX 12p top and an 'open box' ELX 118p sub for $200 off that's a bit scuffed up but in decent shape. I'm running Addictive Drums...
  17. Digitalman

So someone claimed our band name - AGAIN

Hi guys, I could use some input and expertise here. A friend and I started a casual, long distance project a few years back. We dropboxed files back and forth and wrote some songs and gave the project the name 'Alcoves'. Well we continued and became a bit more serious about it. We are...
  18. Digitalman

Johnny Marr Jag - with pickups in series and Fuzz

Hey guys, I discovered something interesting about my JaguMarr last night. I play it mostly clean through my Super Reverb, but was messing around with my effects quite a bit. My signal chain is - AM Peppermint Fuzz > AM KOT > RAT > Polytune > MXR Micro Flange > Retro Sonic Chorus > El...
  19. Digitalman

NGD: Johnny Marr Jaguar!

So, it has been FIVE years since I've been able to brag about a new guitar. That was once inconceivable for me. I'm a proud father of boys, 2 and 4, so gear fest has been on a long hiatus. But, I've whittled the collection down to the bare essentials over the years, and all I've really needed -...
  20. Digitalman

Super Reverb Help

Hey guys, I got a '71 Super Reverb a year ago. I took it into an amp tech right after I got it and had him check it out. Other than the original, worn out CTS Alnicos, it was in great shape. It had a cap job done to it in the past few years he said. So, I replaced the CTSs with some...
  21. Digitalman

Old Houses and Bad Wiring

So, I'm renting a house built in 1962, which is irritating in itself after being a home owner for many years. '62 is the year that the code was put in place to have 3 prong grounded outlets. Some of our receps are 2 hole, some are 3. We have band practice out in the garage, and even though there...
  22. Digitalman

Performing live with Logic, Mainstage and a Midi Footswitch

I've used Garageband since I got my MacBook five years back and recently came to the conclusion that I had outgrown it. I stepped up to Logic Pro X a couple of weeks ago and I'm really happy with it. Part of my decision, aside from the recording aspect, was based on the fact that I couldn't...
  23. Digitalman

Painting Grill Cloth

So I just did this little project over the weekend and just wanted to share. I bought a '71 Super Reverb over the summer, which I've been enjoying. I made a logo for the band I'm doing now, we're called Silver Waves. Anyway, I thought it would be cool to spray paint the logo on my amp. But...
  24. Digitalman

Nasally Tele Neck Humbucker

I picked up a 52 Hot Rod Tele once and I really thought the neck HB sounded great, especially with both pickups on, where I'm at 80% of the time. That convinced me that I should try it in my Tele, which is an 08 Am Std. After researching Tele neck humbuckers, I decided to go with a full...
  25. Digitalman

Super Reverb - Reverb Help

I bought a 71 SF Super about six months ago. It was in decent shape. I retubed it and took it to a tech to have the caps checked out and have it biased and all. It was given a clean bill of health, except for failing, original CTS speakers. I replaced those with Eminence Legend 105s and I'm...
Top Bottom