Search results

1. Gitarman

Frist NGD in three years and it's a doozy!

Confession time: Through all my years of playing guitar, I’ve only owned one actual Fender, an 80s MIJ Strat that came to me in the early 90s with a suspiciously missing serial number. Call it bad mojo or something, but I never quite bonded with that guitar and ended up giving it away some years...
  2. Gitarman

I know that it's been asked a million times but...

My girl, an accomplished singer and pianist, has started learning guitar. However, she has small hands and is having difficulty moving around on my acoustics, so we're looking for something a little more comfortable for her that's also not going to break the bank. Through some trial and error...
  3. Gitarman

First gig with Helix LT = great success!!

With a VERY little time to dial things in properly (at least to my liking), my inaugural gig with the Helix LT went VERY well this past Saturday. I literally spent one evening tweaking a 'clean to dirty/ solo' snapshots patch (based on one of @jsad 's excellent patches) for my 'main' sound...
  4. Gitarman

NGD.... incoming HelixLT (and shout out to Sam Ash Orlando N)

The GF and I decided to take a drive over to GC in Orlando (~ 1 hr from home) this past Sunday with the intent of finally checking out a Helix to find out if I REALLY wanted to invest in one as a replacement for my 3+ year old HD500X, which, tbh, has served me quite well. We made it to the GC...
  5. Gitarman

Upgraded the humbucker and neck (again) on my JTV-69

I've been growing increasingly unsatisfied with the sound of the humbucker in the bridge of my JTV-69 for the past several months and finally decided to do something about it yesterday. I picked up a DiMarzio Tone Zone to throw in there, hoping to give it a fuller/ warmer sound. I had also...
  6. Gitarman

After all these years, I've finally snagged an SG

As the title suggests, I've had an unscratched itch for an SG for a while now... ever since playing an SG-Z that once hung in a local music shop, actually. Well, I was speaking with a friend about it a week or so ago and then stumbled across a thread here recommending Stratosphere to someone...
  7. Gitarman

It was bound to happen sooner or later...

LP-style guitar = broken headstock! While getting ready for my Friday gig this past weekend, I noted that the strap I had packed for my backup guitar was getting loose. I was on my way to grab a different one, but got sidetracked before heading out the door, so I ended up bringing the loose...
  8. Gitarman

Am I wrong here?

Background: For the past 10+ years, I've been playing regularly in an area where the average bar gig pay is between $100 and 150/ man, sometimes a little more (depending on the band/ venue). While offers occasionally come up, music has always been a secondary source of income for me, so I've...
  9. Gitarman

I was thinking about getting a Blueboard, BT4, or similar

...and then I remembered that my old DigiTech RP-1 has MIDI in/out/through AND the Griffin StudioConnect that I bought a few months ago also has regular MIDI in/out connections. I hooked everything up, made a few MIDI assignments on the RP-1, and Voila! New foot controller for iPad modeling...
  10. Gitarman

NND!

New Neck Day! After several months of fighting with the neck shape on my JTV-69, I finally decided that enough is enough and bought a new neck. I did a little digging online and learned that others have had success with the standard Fender-spec 22-fret necks from Mighty Mite, so I ordered up...
  11. Gitarman

Sebastian, FL - Feb 19 & 20 Cover Story @ Captain Hiram's Resort

http://www.spacecoastlive.com/calendar/band/003255
  12. Gitarman

NGD? (0101101 content)

I scored a deal on this Demo unit from Sweetwater & the man in the brown truck showed up with it yesterday. Unfortunately, I went straight to band practice after work and didn't get home until after 10. Since the wife and kids were already in bed, I only had time to strum it a few times...
  13. Gitarman

N(H)GD

It's a Headless wonder! Back story: I was talking with the bass player in one of my bands just a couple of weeks ago about Steinbergers and happened to come across a guy on Craigslist a few days later who was selling several of them. He had inherited about 50 guitars and is in the process of...
  14. Gitarman

Not your everyday NGD...

This one has been in the works for some time... A couple of years ago, I got the idea that it might be cool to have my kids paint one of my guitars, but couldn't see tearing any of them apart to do so. Then, I discovered that Carvin offers a plain white finish on their kit guitars and decided...
  15. Gitarman

Broke out the turd polish...

My brother called me the other day and told me that he had picked up what he thought was surely a Charvel that someone had sanded the logo off of (yeah, right!). He then told me that he bought a Floyd Rose for it, but couldn't get it dialed in and wanted to know if I would look at it. Well, I...
  16. Gitarman

NGID (New Guitar Interface day)!

Well, it finally happened... I've found the need to reproduce some actual synth sounds for a new project that I'm working in. To test out how well it'd mesh with the group, I hooked my YouRock guitar to my laptop running a few different patches in SonicSynth2 and lugged it to a couple of...
  17. Gitarman

Hmm.... this looks familiar.

Does anyone have Jay's (GFS) email address... he might want to know about this Craigslist scumbag: http://orlando.craigslist.org/msg/3825448896.html
  18. Gitarman

Why didn't I think of this sooner...

While cleaning out my parts bin over the weekend, I lined up all of my old pickups on my workbench in order to go through them & weed any that were broken, etc. Afterwards, I was about to toss them back into the box when a thought occurred to me: Why throw them in a box never to be seen or...
  19. Gitarman

NGD! (something a little out of the ordinary)

While browsing Amazon last week, I came across this guitar that was marked down to $170 from $400 & I decided to jump on it as I'd always wanted to try something with a Phenolic fingerboard. Also, being a child of the 80's, I couldn't resist it's 'pointiness' :Devil *sorry for the stock...
  20. Gitarman

Guitar Build Thread!!!

OK, some of you may recognize the guitar below from my original thread on Harmony-Central.... but since they've gone off the deep end, I'll share it with you guys :banana Long story short: This is somewhat of a nostalgic build for me as I am taking a guitar like the very first one that I ever...
  21. Gitarman

'nother TGP newb

Hi there... long time TGP lurker/ somewhat regular member on the HC forums here. About me: I've been playing guitar for nearly 30 of my 37 years on this planet, studied the trumpet all through HS and College, & currently play in the band Chain Reaction out of Palm Bay, FL: (I'm the dork on...
Top Bottom