Search results

1. W

Any Jason Isbell or Shawn Colvin fans here who live in Vancouver? Want tix to see them there March 1?

I live in Los Angeles, and bought tix online for Jason's upcoming concert at the Orpheum Theater here (I thought). When I got the ticket confirming email, I realized that I had accidentally bought tix for his upcoming concert at the Orpheum Theater IN VANCOUVER. I tried to cancel the sale...
  2. W

Rogue Guitar Shop - recent experiences?

I ordered an amp (Matchless Laurel Canyon) from them back in March, which was backordered at the time, gave them a deposit. Hadn't heard anything at all, in the last week I've sent two emails, used their contact us setup on their website, and left a phone message to ask about the status. No...
  3. W

Songhoy Blues

I was reading an article in Premier Guitar about Songhoy Blues, a two-guitar rock band from Mali who base their music on African Desert music (the way American and English blues -rock was based on black American blues/folk songs). Their music is amazing. My favorite new music for the moment...
  4. W

Sold 2003 Vox Ac30hw (uk) Head And Cab Fs

I have come to the realization that though I absolutely love this amp, I'm not using it and it should be in the hands of someone who would. A very limited number of these were produced (less than 500 total, I think less than 200 head and cab versions). They were hand assembled on the Marshall...
  5. W

Movie Alert Echo in the Canyon

I had seen an early version of this at a film festival last year, it came out officially at least in Los Angeles last week. Highly recommended.
  6. W

Sold 2006 Fender Eric Johnson Strat Black/Maple SOLD

THIS WAS SOLD OVER AT REVERB. 2006 Eric Johnson Strat, Black/Maple. Weighs 7.0 pounds on my digital bathroom scale. I'm the original owner, I bought this new in August 2006, have played it at few rehearsals but it's lived most of its life in its case in my nonsmoking home (it never seemed to...
  7. W

Contour (or bass-cut) control - why the difference based on placement before or after volume pot?

I have a bunch of partscasters. Several of them have two humbuckers, all vintage two-wire types. In order to have more sonic options, I've installed a bass-cut control (similar to the Reverend Contour control), in which a 500K pot rotates from passing the original signal on, to passing the...
  8. W

SOLD Matchless Nighthawk 15R Combo

Sold. This is a 2004 Matchless Nighthawk 15 with Reverb. It's pretty much a 15 watt version of the right side of a DC30. Glorious clean and dirty sounds. Has the standard Matchless modified G12H speaker in it. It's the glorious mother of shower curtain multicolored tolex. Last fall I...
Top Bottom