Search results

1. Luke Gibson

Fleetwood mac Dreams

But there seems to be an effect on it as well, at least I hear one.....
  2. Luke Gibson

The Official MATCHLESS Thread

Briefly owned a Lightening Reverb 1X12 a dozen or so years ago. Started Jonesin' for that Matchless tone again, so I just purchased an HC30 off the forum last week. It sounds glorious!
  3. Luke Gibson

Sold 1966 Marshall 4x12 angle cab cover $150

I have a '66 angled cab, someone buy this.......
  4. Luke Gibson

MEMORY LANE: Where were you when you first heard EVH's Eruption ? (and what did you think)

1978, I was 14 and stoned at a free concert put on by a Rock Station from Tampa I believe. They were giving away albums and a guy close to me won the new Van Halen album. He immediately opened it and handed it to the DJ on stage and told him to "play cut two" I was blown away, I barely...
  5. Luke Gibson

MPX-1, Intellifex, SPX-90, DL8000R or ??

I use my MPX-1 mainly dedicated for reverbs, for delays I have a Chandler SDE. I'm a fairly bare bones type player.
  6. Luke Gibson

Fender ToneMaster Serial #'s

I also have a couple Divided By13 2X12 cabs but they are the standard ones with the G12H Anniversary and ALNico Blue not the vertical. Also planning to use a Boss TAE or UA Ox, but first nothing. The amp hasn’t been used in several years so I’m going to work on it when the tubes get here.
  7. Luke Gibson

I wasn’t aware that Mike used them, so thanks for the heads up. These are criminally underrated amplifiers, I assume it might be the spiky or bright Channel 2 that people have issues with? ….that and they are loud as HELL!!! There was a thread somewhere here on TGP that mentioned a “treble...
  8. Luke Gibson

I am a 4X12 guy, lol! I have the 4X12 ToneMaster cab with well broken in V30's, a '66 Marshall Pinstripe cab with 20 watt Celestions, a '69 Marshall Basketweave 1935 Bass cab, a '71 Marshall cab loaded with early G1265's, a '83 Marshall JCM800 with vented G12 75's, and a 70's HiWatt with...
  9. Luke Gibson

Well, I think he hit it out of the park on the designs he did for Fender. Pete Townsend has been using the Vibro-King for years, Jimmy Page used the ToneMasters, and last time I saw the Foo Fighters Dave Grohl was using a ToneMaster, that's pretty good company. ToneMaster honorable mention...
  10. Luke Gibson

Resurrecting this old thread AND my old ToneMaster. My serial is 0843, 20 or 30 away from Jimmy Page’s if I remember correctly….. He definitely inspired me to purchase this amp and I have owned it for at least 15 years. It was my main gigging amp for quite a while. So after reading this thread...
  11. Luke Gibson

What's on the record player today?

I have a Marantz 6300 tt as well. What cartridge are you using?
  12. Luke Gibson

What's on the record player today?

Piper At The Gates Of Dawn
  13. Luke Gibson

Just got a Fryette 2/50/2...Very Impressed

I assume a tube might implode due to the vacuum as opposed to explode? I've been playing since 1978 and never had one implode or explode. Broken a few due to rough handling while hot and had a few loose the vacuum and the interior turn gray.
  14. Luke Gibson

Just got a Fryette 2/50/2...Very Impressed

I bought one from Tom Bukovac 5-6 years ago and it's a fantastic power amp.
  15. Luke Gibson

Def Leppard JMP-1 Settings

I have found no information on Vic’s settings. I’ve owned a Platinum mod JMP-1 for years and basically gave up looking for any patches listed on the internet. Great sounding preamp, I’m sure an unmodded one is just as good as a bunch of people have posted. I bought mine after sitting in front...
  16. Luke Gibson

1958 Gibson Explorer

Apologies Texas! Yeah, the Nielsen is suspect… Merry Christmas!
  17. Luke Gibson

1958 Gibson Explorer

The Derringer split HS Explorer is genuine. Mike Moffett who owned it before Rick has set me pictures of it in the early 70’s. It had 60’s appointments and came in a 60’s case with yellow interior.
Top Bottom