• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • Our current dedicated servers have done their job for a number of years but it is time to upgrade the hosting to new hardware. The change over will happen tonight.

Search results

1. -analog-

2X12 cabs: Avatar, Sourmash, Marshall... who makes a good one for a fair price?

Some of the newer 1936 cabs are made with MDF which is a no-no... About 2 years ago I had one with an MDF back and baffle, I couldn't believe my eyes when found the mdf delight inside... Explained everything..Great idea for a cab but it was easily the most lifeless cab I've ever used in stock...
  2. -analog-

2X12 cabs: Avatar, Sourmash, Marshall... who makes a good one for a fair price?

For British style cabs = STONE AGE CABS For D-Style, Check out amplifiednation.com Taylor will make your dreams come true.. Those V-Boutique cabs on ebay arent bad either! Dumble spec and run around $300... Avatar cabs are great too but over the years their either too big or way to small to...
  3. -analog-

Dumble SSS for sale on ebay - Quite Humorous!

Lately there has been a few SSS or "SSS" labeled amps popping up on ebay, I doubt strongly that any of them are accurate to the original... especially this "0" ebay guy has, its probably a scam. Dr.D wouldn't waste his time putting one on ebay...
  4. -analog-

Mark Kane Built Amps

Correct. :D
  5. -analog-

Mark Kane Built Amps

Can someone PM me his email or tele #????? THANX:JAM
  6. -analog-

Matchless amp questions

Doesn't look right, It did have the chassis mounted from the top of the head box with the tubes pointing downward. The Superchief looks good, I'll have to try and check one out somewhere.
  7. -analog-

Matchless amp questions

Which matchless amp does the loud/clean thing? I've played this model and for the life of me I cannot recall the model. But what I do recall was this amp only had a limited amount of knobs, and had the loud clean punch of a hiwatt.. Tryed contacting matchless haven't heard back as of yet...
  8. -analog-

Show me ur marshall rigs!

thats great until you turn it on and the cab shoots voicecoils at you :D
  9. -analog-

Show me ur marshall rigs!

"Blasting Chamber" Early 80's 2203 with 6550's , 100 watter 86' 2205, 50 watter 1982A Cab 1960A OCLE Cab The redbear doesn't say "marshall" on it, but its a straight 2203 clone with russian equivalent tubes, it kept up Fine with the 2203s.. Both the 2203 and the Redbear pushed with a...
  10. -analog-

Marshall JCM800 w/pedals vs. Mesa

A buddy of mine is using a 4104 2x12 combo, low input channel, dime the master vol and use pedals for dirt- just did a vid with him running the marshall theres a few vids here https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/785622 the 2nd video is live, marshall 1936 cab with G1275's and...
  11. -analog-

Robben and Dumble expert please

paging scottL
  12. -analog-

Marshall 1936 2x12 cab- speaker suggestions

I'll know tonight for sure, have about 15 cables to roll up for orders- then I'm going to fart around with the cab, I need to figure it out, I want to start playing again and all I have at the moment is little 5 watt amps that arent Pedal friendly and Half/full stacks.. Not in the mood to be...
  13. -analog-

I'm going to mess around with it in a little bit, maybe converting it to a 1/3 open back will help.
  14. -analog-

its newer, jvm era. if its MDF that explains that, it will be in the emporium for small beans, some metalhead kid will love it...
  15. -analog-

The compression is whats killing me- it makes my Mesa sound like it has 3 layers of compression on the drive stage in comparison to going into my other 2x12 open back which sounds open, uncompressed and GOOD. thats why I was asking about maybe making it an open back or 1/3 open back.. I'm...
  16. -analog-

Recently I picked up a Marshall 1936 2x12 cab- the speakers are somewhat lacking in the sounding good dept. The woofers choke out at louder volumes with a 50 watt head and the general sound stage seems poor . its virtually new, bought it off a guy who was Feening for money at the music store, he...
  17. -analog-

Fender Deluxe VM Users

I don't personally own one, but I have put about 30 hours in on a Deluxe and bandmaster at my hang out music shop over the last 2-3 months- great sounding amps, for the money I'll take a VM over anything else new in that price range- Great gain sounds, the cleans are crisp & defined- the Delay...
  18. -analog-

Marshall Class 5

the one I played at namm was....:huh sounded great.. they're not made in some 1240th world country are they?
  19. -analog-

General questions about Dumble, Two-Rock, Fuchs, and Bludotone...

for the love of god, fix your guitar cable, please.....
  20. -analog-

Mesa Boogie Hardwood boxes

There was a member here who made Aftermarket Mesa boogie headboxes- anyone have a name or email? or even a website for such things? I'm looking to turn my heartbreaker 2x12 combo into a head so its not as much of a back breaker. Thanks- Mike
  21. -analog-

Amp that's good for taking pedals

For the past 6 months I've been on the same "quest" for a good pedal amp. Ultimately after buying/trying/demoing 13 amps since July I'm right back to Marshall JCM800 2203s and 2205 heads dialed in. Sucks to move a 4x12 around so I'm looking at those sour mash oversized 1936 2x12 cabs for $300...
  22. -analog-

Best amp for pedals? Combo or head

does it break up with lots of boost/drive??? my biggest concern is my drive stage- running a klon>OCD>Wampler pinnacle>Box of rock for low gain- and theres modulation and delay further down the signal path which ends up at a Boss DD-20 which I use for splitting out to Two amps for stereo.
  23. -analog-

Vaguely I remember that Matchless had a Loud/Clean head?? ring a bell?? Not sure if I wan't to get sucked into the "Dumble Vortex" just yet..
  24. -analog-

Again I'm sort of ampless- minus some JCM800's which don't pedal so great. Sold off much of my displeasing amps and I have a wad of $$ for some amps. Matchless Dr.Z Maz 18? any suggestions??- I'm sick and tired of Fenders.. Thought about hiwatt- tried 2- Loud but not for me. Open to any...
  25. -analog-

1981 Marshall 2204 - questions

29 year old mint condition marshall.. don't molest it. don't modify it. don't blow it up. keep it. Its somewhat rare to find a clean/un molested early 80's JCM800 that survived the without a circuit, hair metal spandex,neon paint, or leopard print grill cloth mod.. Leave it stock!