• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. iggs

Mesa Mark V Ch.1 Feedback Issue

Hey all, Wondering if anyone has experienced a similar issue before ... CH. 1 Tweed, Normal Mode, Gain all the way up, with or without any input signal being applied. When sweeping the mid knob the amp self-oscillates through a certain range. Overall volume is set low, FX loop on/off makes...
  2. iggs

Contact Cleaner Question

Thanks guys, I'll try and cleaning it again.
  3. iggs

Contact Cleaner Question

PS ... I'm using this one: http://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/audio-and-headphones/portable-audio/portable-audio-accessories/nexxtech-contact-and-head-cleaner-spray/p/4408726 Pretty sure it's conductive.
  4. iggs

Contact Cleaner Question

Thanks ... I've tried with different cables and problem is the same. I'm assuming it's just dirty since cleaning it helps noticeably, just can't seem to clean it 100% It could be something else too in addition to dirt.
  5. iggs

Contact Cleaner Question

Hey techie friends ... my BOSS pedal developed a scratchy input jack, pretty sure it's just dirt or oxidization cuz I already cleaned it a bit and it helped but not enough. I sprayed a 1/4 jack with contact cleaner and inserted it in/out a few times, that helped a bit. Then I sprayed a Q-tip...
  6. iggs

Compu-Bias vs. Aiken Wombat

Great, thanks for the clarification.
  7. iggs

LOL ... the other specs look pretty good to ... :beer Just e-mailed you. One more question: is it "safe" to play through the amp with the probes attached and Wombat turned on or not? Compu-bias had a specific warning regarding this and noted a potential damage to the unit.
  8. iggs

Thanks so much for detailed reply Randall ... you had me at: "4 tubes at once" ... :D Do I just e-mail you for order?
  9. iggs

I have the Compu-Bias and it works great, just wondering if there is a difference between the two, and if it would be worth getting the Wombat as well. They look pretty identical on paper. I do a lot of tube swapping so I wouldn't mind having both if it's worth it. Thanks.
  10. iggs

Bias-rite or..?

That's primarily why I got it ... I can quickly calculate the plate dissipation but it is just so much more convenient to have an instant readout.
  11. iggs

Power Transformer Temperature?

Good call ... I'll get one and check the exact temp. Thanks!
  12. iggs

It gets pretty warm ... bordering "hot" I would say, I can keep my hand on it so it's not skin-burning hot by any means, just much warmer then I'm used to when it comes to PTs ... I know they all generate some heat by design but this seemed oddly hot.
  13. iggs

Bias-rite or..?

+1 for the Compu-Bias, works great, accurate and easy to use.
  14. iggs

Bogner guys say it's OK so I'll take their word for it ... :aok
  15. iggs

Thanks guys, will call Bogner tomorrow for sure, just wanted to check if anyone knew if this was "normal" or not.
  16. iggs

Hey all ... ... may be a silly question but: just noticed today that the power tranny in my Bogner Ecstasy is quite hot to touch after playing for a while. Is this normal? I've had many amps and never noticed power transformers generating any heat so it struck me as odd. Thanks!
  17. iggs

DR. Z Airbrake owners unite!

Is THD Hot Plate a resistive or reactive (inductive?) load?
  18. iggs

technical question--what is negative feedback?

I couldn't say it any better then Mr. Aiken so here you go, get your thinking cap on: http://www.aikenamps.com/ under: Tech Info>Advanced>What is "negative feedback"?
  19. iggs

Dual and triple rectifiers- what's the effect?

Even more ironic is the fact that most DualRec guys don't even use the tube recto mode but opt for SS rectifier since it gives a tighter sound and works better for heavy music. :crazy
  20. iggs

Bias Rite measurement discrepancy

So basically what you're saying is that if your car was red-lining at 8000rpm on idle you wouldn't take it to a mechanic to adjust it? (or do it yourself) :jo
  21. iggs

The importance of biasing.

(in Yoda voice) : "yes ... listen to Blue Strat, you must!"
  22. iggs

Loose tube base

Yup, superglue did the job! Thanks again.
  23. iggs

Loose tube base

Thanks! I'll try some superglue.
  24. iggs

Loose tube base

Hey all, the base on one of my GT KT66HP is loose, is it safe to use this tube or is it garbage? It does not come off, I'm just able to rotate it side to side a bit. Thanks.