• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. V

Pat Smear owned R4 about a block away

TGP is a refuge for the conservative and antiquated, so there's some severe filtering happening here, too.
  2. V

Pat Smear owned R4 about a block away

Honestly, I find this extremely hard to believe.
  3. V

Jack White's guitar

Gotta say, I'm glad he switched out (some of) the black hardware on it. I saw Raconteurs at ACL and w/ Jack White's attire it looked like some SNL Halloween sketch or something. He also had a black and lime green color scheme happening w/ odd sneakers, too, so maybe the whole look was...
  4. V

JHS Legends Fuzz - no room for battery

Multiple TWSS jokes, flareups both defending/trashing a controversial pedal brand, someone martyring themselves on page 1 because another person used the forum for advice, nerd talk about BATTERY size...this is peak TGP. And all in 3 pages. You mad lads...you've actually gone and done it. Peak...
  5. V

Could I turn an Affinity Starcaster into a cheapo "pseudo-jazz box"?

Yup! As a slang term for a thicker hollow/semi-hollow body guitar often used in jazz/R&B/soul/boogaloo, etc. I'm not sure why it's hard to understand that your suggestion that "knowing how to play jazz" is irrelevant in this case? Not trying to be a jerk--I'm trying to keep what I'm asking for...
  6. V

Thanks, but not looking to play jazz, as per the first post.
  7. V

Right on--thanks for those options! I'm a chunky neck guy, for sure. That's my concern w/ these other options, as well...am I getting into boring medium C neck territory here? Because then I'm looking at $4-500 for just the body, unfinished, and I need to get more hardware and stuff...couple...
  8. V

Thanks for the heads up, but @tooter007 was reporting no issues when installing a Warmoth on these? https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/starcaster-wars-a-new-hope-for-the-skinny-neck-issue.2127731/#post-30122339
  9. V

I’ve got a Warmoth neck that I’ll swap, thanks! Thinking gold foils are the best for a HB size pickup swap here?
  10. V

I recently saw the Affinity Starcasters, which are sub $300. I don’t really NEED another guitar, but it would be a fun one to have on the wall. The Classic Vibes look nicer and probably feel a tad better, but I’ve never bonded w/ WRHB and figure why start now? Whereas the Affinity is standard...
  11. V

Are flame tops corny?

Flame tops make me feel like I'm playing my grannie's cabinet for her china. I feel like I'm gonna break something.
  12. V

Seattle guitar shops for setups - Rant

I can't recommend SouthSound guitars in Tacoma enough. (yes, I know that's not in the city proper but Jeff, the proprietor there, used to work for Mike Lull for a long while as well as Dusty Strings and made me a guitar a while back.)
  13. V

Sold Pedals and Pups

Is that Sparkle Tron gold or nickel?
  14. V

Just a thought regarding tire kicking and guitar weight...

Except in this case you're buying a car from another driver, not from a business that professionally sells used cars. If I'm selling my car through the classifieds of whatever format and someone starts asking about heated seats I'm making a safe assumption that this person is most likely...
  15. V

I thought I'd seen it all when it comes to tire kickers

Hilarious considering this type of behavior is MUCH more typical of Baby Boomer/post-Baby Boomer generation. (no, I'm not a millennial)
  16. V

3 pickups, 3-way switch, and a blender pot?

It's more a case of using the pickguard and materials I have...this was a two-pickup guitar that I'm adding another pickup to! I'm trying to avoid having a custom pickguard made for a 5-way switch, and I also liked the idea of blending pickups so was trying to get both. But maybe that's...
  17. V

What kind of switch or rotary would I need for this? DPDT, etc
  18. V

Thanks much for your clarification! I'd likely go the route you describe above as I wouldn't have to wait and order a switch... Is this the scenario you're describing?: https://web.archive.org/web/20071101141053/http://users.adelphia.net/~cygnusx_1/novak_jpeg.html If so, how would I wire a...
  19. V

Will this result in the scenario where turning down the middle pickup's volume all the way will result in all 3 pickups cutting out (like Gibson wiring?). I'm mildly worried that the scenario described here will occur...
  20. V

Like a Gibby 3-way switch, or more accurately, the ones on Jazzmasters that don't have the trem, wheels, extra switches, etc.
  21. V

I'm working on a Jazzmaster that's a JM kinda in name only--it has a neck lipstick, middle lipstick, and a bridge minihumbucker. Furthermore, it has a 3-way pickup switch, and 3 knobs currently. (No wheels or additional switches.) I'm trying to wire it up so that the neck and bridge pickups...
  22. V

Who has a TEO Mando Guitar? Post your pics!

Well, shoot! I heard wrong from quite a few places then! (and your website seemed out of date) I'll be in touch soon!
  23. V

Does a typical LP wiring absolutely need a selector switch?

Actually, no--this particular control plate has two holes for pots, so I'm thinking a 2 way switch or even button (?) in the 2nd hole (there's a concentric pot in the first one, controlling the vol of each pickup).