• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. F

Show us your rig!

When I'm playing by myself I run all three amps together. In my band I use the Sunn and Acoustic with RAT + boost going into the Sunn and Ring Thing + Musket going into the Acoustic.
  2. F

Your Pedalboard Photo -- Part XI

Yeah. I especially like his choice of ring mod, phaser, tremolo, pitch shift and chorus pedals.
  3. F

Pedalboard dead in the middle of a gig... what's your backup plan?

Since my band closes with an extended improvisation anyways, we'd just skip straight to that.
  4. F

Your top 5 records of all time

Yeah, that's definitely why I didn't include Radiohead...
  5. F

Your top 5 records of all time

Artist - Album. No more than 5! Nick Drake - Pink Moon Dysrhythmia - Pretest Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works 85-92 Charles Mingus - w/ Orchestra Keith Jarrett - The Koln Concert I'm curious to see what tops TGP'ers charts.
  6. F

what is the best pedal score you ever had?

no ****ing way, john mayer bought my original tubescreamer for $1400. lol, how many of us have sold pedals to john mayer?
  7. F

Minimalist Pedalboards

Such an awesome board! What kind of music do you play?
  8. F

Where can I get a stereo in + stereo out mute box?

Just a little true-bypass box with stereo ins and outs (ie whatever goes into channel A comes out channel A and the same with B) that uses a simple 3DPT switch to totally mute my signal. Cheaper would be better. Thanks.
  9. F

How would you wire this? (Convoluted signal chain content)

I run a stereo setup: an Acoustic 150 and a Sunn Solarus. My chain is as follows: Ring Thing -> Booster -> RAT -> Phase 90 -> DE-7 -> SMMw/H -> TU2 I want the DIRT (Booster, RAT) effects going to only the Sunn, and the PITCH (Ring Thing) going to only the Acoustic. However, I want the...
  10. F

New amp day - Acoustic 150

$50! Does anybody else use and enjoy one of these?
  11. F

Your Pedalboard Photo -- Part X

What do you think of the Ring Thing?
  12. F

EH Memory Man with Hazarai - School Me

I love mine. Tons of sounds and very usable. I don't use it for regular delays at all though - only looping, some swell stuff, faux-flanger and some weird ring mod tones. My only complaint is the unity gain issue. You'd never use it as a precision looper a la Battles or Russian Circles but if...
  13. F

Guitar effects on drum machines

word, I never knew that. I have a 505 that I run through a Ring Thing, RAT, Guyatone Phaser and SMMw/H. I remember the FZ-7 being great as well.
  14. F

Apparently tape-related sarcasm is the last word in humour here at TGP.
  15. F

Pedaltrain accessorizing? Whatcha got?

If that's a compliment I'd hate to see an insult.
  16. F

I'm absolutely looooooooving it. So many sounds! I'm going to pick up an expression pedal for it soon to fully exploit its juicy capabilities. Well yeah, I happen to think that the Ring Thing looks way cooler then the SMMw/H which I'll probably fully tape soon or paint or whatever. I just...
  17. F

lol, I forgot to say that I do it because I think it looks cool. It's not because I don't support the company because I'm pretty sure I already did that by buying their pedal... and it's definitely not to be secretive about my gear when I play shows, I'll talk to anyone about anything to do with...
  18. F

My pedals are now banned.

I avoid this by playing classical guitar. It's a great escape from electric - I don't have to worry about amps, cables, pedals and whatever other electronics.
  19. F

Your Pedalboard Photo - Pt. IX

Yep. Boots 100%. As seen here, haha.