• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. S

Guitars and temperature/humidity

Thanks all! I have a little battery powered temp/humidity gauge and it reads pretty consistently in the mid 20s for humidity. I was looking forward to having my guitars out on a rack. In Venice (where we really live:) I had to keep them in a closet in the house, my studio is in an unfinished...
  2. S

Guitars and temperature/humidity

We've moved for a couple of years (from SoCal to outside of Atlanta) and I'm wondering about the temp and humidity in the room I'm using for my studio for my guitars. It's above the garage and so may not be insulated that well, and apparently not far from the heating unit in the attic. In...
  3. S

Ship guitar in InCase bag?

Thanks guys, I think I'll go with the incase bag pack it well and have plenty of insurance.
  4. S

Ship guitar in InCase bag?

I'm moving cross country and shipping all my guitars. I have hard cases for everything except my Edwards Les Paul. It fits nicely in my Incase bag, and I'm wondering if it's okay to ship it in that? Looks like they don't make it anymore, or I couldn't find it on their site anyway. It's this one...
  5. S

Good pedals vsts?

Thanks all, appreciate the thought and info! T The reason for wanting a plugin is due to the UAD 'unison' thing, when you use their guit amps in the unison slots, they are (supposed) to emulate very well the same type of connection as when you're plugging into a real amp. It does sound pretty...
  6. S

Good pedals vsts?

After 10 years of intense guitar playing, out in clubs, recording etc., I switched gears about 5 years ago and have been composing—DAWs, orchestral, hybrid stuff, scoring work etc. Totally changed gears. Recently I've started doing more guitar playing in the work, and have been slowly (very...
  7. S

A bass for a beginner

Thanks guys, lots of good advice here. That squire modified mustang looks good. I was going to take her over to True Tone my favorite local store (west side of LA) though I doubt they'd have anything in her $ range... Teaching her some stuff first is a great idea, will do this too.
  8. S

A bass for a beginner

I think she said she was hoping to spend just a couple hundred bucks. The Tal Wilkenfeld poster would be for me. :)
  9. S

A bass for a beginner

A friend wants to learn to play bass. I don't know that she has ever played an instrument, just got a wild hair. She's talked about it before though so I wanted to start her off with the right thing.what would be a good base for her to get, spending as little as possible presumably. Something...
  10. S

Pedals in room with smoke and soot from electrical fire

Thanks guys. We have a wall of books in the room and The insurance company is going to have a company take all the books and put them in an ozone chamber to get rid of the smell. Maybe I'll send the pedals along with...and maybe my amps and and... What a pita! We lucked out big time actually...
  11. S

Pedals in room with smoke and soot from electrical fire

This is a continuation/addendum to a thread I started in the amps tech section. We had an electrical fire in our converted garage, which is my office/studio. Some of my pedals were near the fire and have soot on them, most of them are in cabinets which aren't air tight and probably had plenty...
  12. S

Can smoke from an electrical fire damage an amp or cab?

Thanks all. I'll play them soon as I can and look for any residue. Next question: pedals. I am an ampoholic but it's nothing compared to the results of years of pedalmania, I looked I. The cabinet I keep the,pm in and estimated about 100-150. Jesus. :) Any thoughts about smoke damage as a...
  13. S

Can smoke from an electrical fire damage an amp or cab?

We had an electrical fire in our converted garage, which is my office/studio. None of my amps were that close to the fire, but the room still smells of smoke a week later. I haven't had a chance to test out my amps yet. Anything I should be on the lookout for? Or does smoke not pose much of...
  14. S

Badcat Unleash/speaker question

Thanks for the lowdown. Sounds like it's filling a real need on your end.. I guess one of the uses I was thinking of for it, to make small watt heads and combos usable on larger stages/outdoor, I'd want to get a cab with 100w rated speakers... That's how I was thinking of using it with the Two...
  15. S

Right, only stands to reason. I guess my question to Unleash users then is, what speakers are you using with your Unleash, whether you're using as a boost or attenuator?
  16. S

I'm thinking about getting one of these, and there's something I'm not quite understanding about the boost function. If the Unleash can put out 100 Watts, is there a danger of blowing a 30, 60 or 75 Watt speaker with it? I'm going to be using it mostly with a 112 with an Eminence Red, White and...
  17. S

Is the two rock EXO going to satisfy my two-rock gas?

P.S. I like to play with a clean amp, love to get rich, full cleans and use pedals for varying levels/types of drive, distortion etc - and always wanted a Two Rock. What I'm hoping for is the Exo will give me those beautiful cleans at home and in small clubs, and the Unleash will let me use it...
  18. S

Thanks Kevin! Also I'm wondering in general about using the Unleash with speakers rated at 30, 60, 75 watts etc. I have a 112 with an Eminence Patriot Red White and Blue speaker, and an Avatar 212 with their regular combination (or was 5 years ago or so) of a Hellatone 30 watt and Hellatone 60...
  19. S

Reviving this thread. I'm thinking about getting a Two Rock Exo and pairing with the Badcat Unleash for medium size and up clubs etc. Has anybody tried them together?
  20. S

Zoom G3 vs Pod HD .... Anyone gone head to head with these?

I don't know what kind of person I am, but I know I don't want something as big as the g5. I may give a g3 a whirl though.
  21. S

Thanks. I took a look at the manual for rev 2 and it says you scroll by hitting two of the footswitches simultaneously. Has anyone tried that/does it work ok, or is it easy to turn an effect on or off by mistake when you're trying to scroll?
  22. S

I'm interesting in the G3 purely as part of a pedalboard. My one question is that since you can have 6 effects live, and three screens to edit them on, it would be great if the scroll function (if I'm understanding correctly how that works) were avaiable by footswitch(es). That way you could...
  23. S

NEW Mad Professor Pedal: Bluebird Overdrive Delay

Often all I need is some dirt and a little delay. I really like the idea of having a single pedal in my gig bag, woudlnt need a pedal board at all. Not sure if i coudl get away with the delay controls being set it and forget it. Maybe just put the delay around 250 ms, could work. I'd have to try...
  24. S

Acoustic guit 101

Good advice! I played a few that I liked, and am going to a few other stores, and will go back and try those that I liked again. It's such a different instrument, really new ground for me. I think the bar is fairly low for me (compared to what I read around here). The big things are sounds (duh)...
  25. S

Doyle Bramhall II

Would love to see the whole thing. I've only ever seen a couple of tunes from it.