• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Search results

1. K

Who's Guitar is the Holy Grail?

For me it would be the 59 335 Robben Ford used with the Yellow Jackets. The live Monmouth College Fight song tone kills me. And to think he was using a solid state Yamaha amp.
  2. K

We're in the TOP 10!! WooHoo!!

Congrats and very nice work.
  3. K

Best "overlooked" Rolling Stone's song

One of my choices. Love hearing Keef sing.
  4. K

Underrated or little-known guitar solos

Ed King on "Working for MCA". Always thought he was a cool player.
  5. K

Why do the Beatles ALWAYS take #1 spot in any all time best song/ record list ?

Why does anyone care about polls??!!. By the way, I would pick the Beatles #1 everytime.
  6. K

Allen Amps Old Flame

I have 2 Old Flame 2-10 combos that David built. One is about 7 years old and the other is 2 years old. All I can say is that with the flexibility of the master volume and the raw control I can get pretty much anything I need. I have used them in small clubs, large festivals outdoors and...
  7. K

Greatest Rock Album of ALL TIME?

How about the pioneers. Elvis Presley "The Sun Sessions". Kinda where it all started. Chuck Berry's Greatest hits. Greatest is an opinion, but what about most important. All of the previously mentioned are great recordings but would they have even existed without Elivis, Chuck, Little Richard...
  8. K

Sitting on Top of the World?? How does he get that tone?

When they recorded in New York with Tom Down Clapton played thru a Twin in the studio. "Strange Brew" is a Twin on 10. There are alot of live recordings of Cream with Clapton using various Gibsons,335, SG, Firebird and photos of him using a Les Paul and from all documentation the only pedal he...
  9. K

Robben Ford

Miles Davis called him and asked him to join his band! What more needs to be said.
  10. K

Is it just me or does the solo on "Still The One" by Orleans just flat out rock?

One of my favorite bands. Larry Hoppen was every bit John Hall's equal on guitar and played great keyboards. Saw them several times in their heyday and they always burned it down. Great singers by the way. Unfortunately the original drummer, Wells Kelly died a few years ago. Worth checking out.
  11. K

+ Amps that DON'T need pedals to sound fab +

Allen Old Flames and various Grosh's work for me. Never use a pedal. Just a good cord. Plus it only takes 5 minutes to get set up.
  12. K

New Grosh Electrajet Standard

Congrats! I have 3 and I have a hard time playing anything else.
  13. K

Lindy Fralin Unbucker

I have a Grosh with an Unbucker and another with a Duncan JB and the JB splits much better than the Unbucker. The Unbucker sounds great but I don't care for it split.
  14. K

Madonna ,think she's got an endorsement ...?

How about the whole thing!!
  15. K

Grosh routes

My RC resonates like crazy and it has the swimming pool route. I have never had any Strat style guitar with the sss route do this. Its my only reference but I definitely prefer the Grosh. The guitar is incredibly alive.
  16. K

The remastered version is worse

I agree with this. The original was so much better sounding.
  17. K

Boutique strats..

Grosh Retro Classic!
  18. K

Playing a raga... A far cry from the blues

Too much f..........ing perspective.
  19. K

Song ya hate but love the guitar lead

The short double stop solo in this tune is pretty cool as well.
  20. K

Pics of the Don Grosh Bent Top S...

Great axe. You gotta love Grosh's. Congratulations. Enjoy!
  21. K

What's your favorite extended outro?

" Kid Charlamgne"
  22. K

What is the best way to run two amps at once?

I use a Barber Launch Pad. No tone loss and you can adjust the signal level of each amp. Very transparent. It can do other things and is a great clean boost.
  23. K

Epiphone Chet Atkins Nylon String Model

I have one. For the money its very good. New strings take a bit to break in and stretch out but once they settle it it holds a tuning pretty well. If I was to change anything it would be to upgrade the tuners. I've used it both to record and live and it works fine. It will go thru batterys...