• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Search results

1. johnny5

Duellist

The Red Snapper is another drive Ive been interested in.
  2. johnny5

Duellist

That chime out of the MG is kinda what makes it so cool.
  3. johnny5

Duellist

Hows the BB side compared to the Morning Glory?
  4. johnny5

What is your main overdrive pedal? (2020 Edition)

JHS Morning Glory for years but now the Browne Protein is giving it a run for its money.
  5. johnny5

Sold Chase Tone Fuzz Fella

Fuzz Fella in great working and cosmetic shape. $130 paypal'd and shipped.
  6. johnny5

Trying to find the PERFECT fuzz face pedal

Fuzz faces are both magical and a little maddening. Every single one is different in all these subtle and beautiful ways. From it’s full out fuzz tone, to how much and how it cleans up to overdrive tones, there’s so much in one pedal. I truly feel a good fuzz face is more like an instrument...
  7. johnny5

Reverb raises fees from 3.5% to 5%

For YEARS I bought and sold all my gear thru TGP. Then Reverb came around and the classified threads here shrank significantly. Maybe this will encourage TGPrs back to the old friendly style of buying and selling here. While I have had mostly good experiences using Reverb, I have had lots of...
  8. johnny5

Protein drive? What's the take?

I have one on order, we shall see
  9. johnny5

New Chase Tone Fuzz!!! Fuzz Fella

I just picked one up from Reverb. Hoping I'll dig it. Seems really cool from the reviews here.
  10. johnny5

Always on Delay (instead of reverb).. what do you use?

Another vote for the Deep Blue. I have been through so many delay pedals and nothing does better as an always on space enhancer than the Deep Blue. It fattens up the tone and doesn't get in the way of your playing. It really just works so well. Other honorable mentions would be: DOD...
  11. johnny5

Junior fans: Do you prefer the LP JR. or SG JR?

SG all the way, but it MUST have the wrap around bridge. The SG Jr is one of the coolest looking guitars ever and I like that they are not so 'thick' (sounding and feeling). To me, it makes them more versatile and can can be used for things other than hard rock.
  12. johnny5

Strat neck "pitch"/angle, is there an ideal angle?

Old thread but fascinating. So is the consensus that these benefits are from minimizing the break angle over the bridge saddles? That can be achieved with neck angle but what about where your bridge is set to float? (assuming you float your bridge, you should..). Anyway, as you pull the bridge...
  13. johnny5

PSA Pro Audio selling Rubbernecks for 120 bucks

This is something I really don't need, but maybe I do....
  14. johnny5

Least compressed bluesbreaker?

My vote is for the JHS Morning Glory. It's been my always on option for 5 years running.
  15. johnny5

Subdecay Echobox V2 vs Memory Lane Jr.

I had an old Echobox years ago and really liked it. The only thing I didn't like is that it got overloaded when the input signal was too hot (not enough headroom). Hopefully that's fixed with V2. I've been eyeing one as well. If it had tap tempo, it's hit "add to cart" right now....
  16. johnny5

Greer Royal Velvet

dig it, now I'm gonna have to buy one.....
  17. johnny5

Strat Bridge Pickup Lead Tone- more uumph needed.

I have tried lots of bridge pickups for my Strats and found that I like a A2 magnet, about 7.8k with baseplate. This combo gives me enough clarity to keep the low E string snappy, enough push for rock n roll solos and the A2 magnets let the higher strings compress a little as you go up the neck...
  18. johnny5

Delay pedal advice

I am interested in this as well. I'd love to find something that could switch from a low mix, shorter delay to a higher mix longer delay with one foot press. Presets are fine but not good for changing sounds going into and out of solos on the fly. Dual Deep blue looks cool Analogman dual delay...
  19. johnny5

Sold 2012 Fender AVRI '59 Stratocaster - Going Down

Beauty! 7.25 radius neck?
  20. johnny5

Dr Z 15 watt amps: Z Plus vs Cure

I struggled with the same choices and ended up with a CURE. Mostly cuz one came up used for a good price but I'm loving this thing. I come from playing a lot of Fender styled amps and this fits right in and has it's own thing going on. One thing I love, other than the feel and tone is the...
  21. johnny5

Lightspeed or Looking Glass

I vote Lightspeed
  22. johnny5

Explain to me how to block my Trem

Why have a Strat if you're gonna block the trem?? It's what makes them so great and unique.