• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Search results

1. zion

What Amps are you using for P&W

Mesa Mark IV
  2. zion

Does anyone actually use their effects loop?

I run my tube delay always on in my amp's loop.
  3. zion

What is it about Mesa Boogie Amps?

No idea of how it's wired, but my truck has a manual transmission, I don't have a personal cell-phone or Facebook account, and yet the sun still rises every day out here.
  4. zion

What is it about Mesa Boogie Amps?

Current Mark IV user. My only amp. I demand a lot from my amp. Reliability and lots of control were my prioritized criteria when I found the Boogie. The standout feature for my needs is the foot switch. I use effects loops for my delay pedal. Having the ability to control the loop on the...
  5. zion

Anyone just have-use one amp?

One amp guy here. Boogie MKIV.
  6. zion

ASW Peacemaker ---> New model!

Current Peacemaker is described as a cross between the KTS60 and the EVM12L. Headroom, punch, with a British flavor. Recommended to me for a 2x12 cab & Dumble inspired amp.
  7. zion

NY Amp Show

Anyone see the MFC foot controller from Fractal?
  8. zion

Welagen Amps

Pricing for a Welagen ODS is around the same as a base Bludo-Drive ($3600).
  9. zion

My amp short list... advice please

Questions: Why did you reject the others? Likes/dislikes? That'll help with some recommendations. Have you played the 3 you're looking into?
  10. zion

Seeking The Advice Of TGP Experts Regarding Celestion Speakers!

Weber Silver and a Weber Blue are dynamite together pushed by a Swart. Order the cab unloaded and pop them in yourself.
  11. zion

Let's talk about Dr Z Maz 18...

tdarian's description of the 18 is dead-on in my opinion!
  12. zion

Does anyone make an EL34 based amp head under 20 watts?

Swart AST takes EL-34's with no biasing.
  13. zion

What other speakers have you tried in your Swart AST Pro?

The Heritage I had in my AST was too shrill for my ears. Try an EVM 12 L!
  14. zion

How many amps do you own?

One amp. Although I do have a broken one that will be stationed at my cabin when it's finished. So make that 2.
  15. zion

Reccomend me an Amp Head

http://www.winfieldamps.com/
  16. zion

Swart help needed

NOS Tubes?! Will certainly turn your Swart in the direction you want to travel. Try swapping out the rectifier for starters...and the speaker. 2 big changes that can bring out the best to your ears from your amp. Lots of info on here about tubes and speakers...
  17. zion

Best website to buy a Celestion Blue?

SpeakerTone has excellent service!
  18. zion

I JUST WET MYSELF (New SWART news)

Yo, I'm busy playin' man! I know someone else on here had one ordered and will be voicing their opinions soon... I don't know what it is. Mine breaks sooner. Maybe since the controls go to 11, "it's one louder isn't it?!" I have ditched my attenuator and am just using the Master...
  19. zion

I JUST WET MYSELF (New SWART news)

There's a new sound in the Smoky Mountains... SWART! This is the AST Head...
  20. zion

2x12 cab, 1 Blue and 1 ???????

Alnico!
  21. zion

Has anyone ever seen an amp like this?

Some company history... The company was founded as David Bogen & Company in 1932 in New York by David Bogen, a pioneer in the burgeoning field of audio transmission. Among the company's first products were simple intercom systems and sound amplifiers.By the early 1950s, the...
  22. zion

Swart Ast

Attenuation - I can only speak for the Hotplate used in my setup including NOS tubes, Celestion & Weber speakers, and my guitars all have upgraded wiring and pickups. (I'm not being conceded, just trying to be specific). Everything makes a difference....I love it. I'm using dirt pedals much...
  23. zion

Swart Ast

I run an attenuator with the combo and cab. The attenuator has 2 speaker output jacks. Killer! Best of both worlds. For quick grab -n- go, I can use the combo. For jacked up sounds and more of those AST 3D sounds, I can run all 3 speakers. Of course I can just run the cab for a different...
  24. zion

10" inch speaker for Trace Elliott Velocette??

I put a silver bell in my Velocette and could not stop playing it. Excellent choice!
  25. zion

Swart Ast

I've a little something extra for my AST...Actually 2 somethings extra. 2x12 Webers, a Silver Bell and a Blue Dog.