• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Search results

1. Oinkus

Lovepedal Hermida SNS Appreciation Thread Part Deux--The Ham Sammich Lives!

That just bums me out completely. I have to be really careful with my fingers and toes and I still mange to mangle them rather often. One of these days it is not going to work out for me. You have every bit of sympathy I can muster Jim. Of course I haven't turned on my amp in a week at least.
  2. Oinkus

How do you get to the point that you remember what to play and when?

Practice with your ears and don't rely on tabs they always have errors. A metronome is another useful tool to learn.
  3. Oinkus

Website seems to run much better for my setup now !
  4. Oinkus

Gear you don’t like, but can’t get rid of because you’re “supposed” to like it..

I don't use any gear I don't like. I also don't sell stuff.
  5. Oinkus

Someone explain to me why people think fretboard material impacts tone.

People around here also think the humidity has an effect on the sound too. You obviously aren't an aggressive player I can feel the fretboard every single note I play. That is why I prefer ebony because it is smooth.
  6. Oinkus

I get a great deal of enjoyment out of seeing you guys getting nice stuff. Life is good , enjoy it.
  7. Oinkus

Fralin Split Blades in my Tele. Hmmmm. Could get used to this

I think that is a great set of pickups for a Telecaster. I had one here for about a week that I got for a friend and I really liked how it sounded too. Good pickups a little different but worth having for something different if you have a Tele with the standard setup.
  8. Oinkus

Help needed... Lovepedal EPH-3 Issue

Looks like a mod to me , nothing on that side on mine.
  9. Oinkus

Looking for a Vox (ish small head)

Something a little off but a Matchless Mini maybe ? I haven't been able to fit a Vox type amp into my setup either but that would work for me.
  10. Oinkus

The folly of chasing famous recorded guitar tones

You forget you aren't recording the room sometimes and the difference between live and studio.
  11. Oinkus

I realized just now that I have been doing something a little odd. I have been playing the recent Tele with the maple neck and fretboard a lot lately and mostly unplugged. I keep doing these groupings of triplet pull off, hammer ons and it makes a resonate thunk when my finger is hitting the...
  12. Oinkus

Was Jimi a Gibson guy? The new Custom Shop models

A lot of the guitars on his studio recordings were Gibsons he certainly played them.
  13. Oinkus

What fretboard radius do you prefer? Would like some input

Have various but I prefer flatter. No issues going from a 12 to 17 and the compound 12 to 16 is really nice. I probably like the straight 17" on my HM Strat the most. Not a fan of the 7-9 stuff but I don't have any problems adjusting to anything.
  14. Oinkus

We have a winner ! You can actually break a string by tightening the screw too much with locking tuners ! Stupid rules the Universe and user error is the most common thing ever.
  15. Oinkus

You would think it was unwinding ? Broke at the top of all places , last one before that was in the middle.
  16. Oinkus

Could not figure out WTH was going on I think the string was defective ? High E was going flat after bends wouldn't stay in tune. I got more aggressive and annoyed and pulled it over the top of the neck until it broke. I feel much better now....
  17. Oinkus

Arthritis & Neck Shape/Size/Radius

Really a matter of what size and shape fills your hand best. Hand exercises and hot water are your friend too. I have a decent sized asymmetrical neck that fits my hand really well but I still have issues. I think I am past the stage where any of the options are going to help me.
  18. Oinkus

30 years and I am working on 13. As long as I was doing those meetings I was still a drunk hanging out with drunks. Didn't get sober until I got really serious and did it myself. I am a medum roast guy completely but Volcanica is a great company with stellar customer service. Choking down some...
  19. Oinkus

Can't be an AA meeting we didn't meet beforehand to have drinks.
  20. Oinkus

Why are there so few 2x10 amplifier combo options

Prosonic isn't for everyone lot of internet hate for them. Great amp though just got a little screwed up in the design by Fender company politics and such. More gain then any amp Fender has ever built. Bought mine in 95 and it ended my search for amps. Mostly because I couldn't afford the...
  21. Oinkus

Why are there so few 2x10 amplifier combo options

My Fender Prosonic Combo weighs a ton but I have always liked combos with 10" speakers. Kind of different but I have liked about every 3x10 combo too. Mostly a marketing research thing I would imagine it is about money.
  22. Oinkus

Scale length and where a pickup is placed along it is the most basic part of how an electric guitar sounds. Measuring placement is pretty useful in building.
  23. Oinkus

NEED HELP COVERING THIS LOGO PLEASE

I said something you like not some ridiculously stupid marketing phrase some overpaid idiot came up with in that trainwreck of a company. That is pretty harsh but the whole PA thing annoyed me more than normal. Nothing to see here...
  24. Oinkus

NEED HELP COVERING THIS LOGO PLEASE

Just get a sticker of something you like and cover it with that.