• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Search results

1. S

Transparent Slapback Delay advice needed

I think the boss DD-3 or DD-5 is a starting point, thanks
  2. S

It was a nice one...an Echo Jr. from Pharoah Amps... Loved it at home, but I became too dependent on that mid boost when playing live and didn't want to to shut it off ...even when I did not want delay.
  3. S

I use a Gretsch with single coils, and a Guild hollow-body with single coils straight into a Tweed Bandmaster 5E7 clone that I built....(love that amp). Echo Pedal Problem: I've tried a boutique slap-back echo pedal that would emulate old 50's style , tape delays, etc. , but I found it added...
  4. S

I built smaller, under-wound "Wide Range Humbucker"

Nice job. Most people don't understand that inductance is the best measure on how a pickup might sound. How did you measure it?
  5. S

Hum Debugger live experience

I used it live last night and I was really happy with it.
  6. S

Spring Chicken, Topanga or Faux Spring?

Right, if I can get like 90% of the way there, I would rather do the pedal than the tank, less expensive, less stage room required, less to load-in to the venue. But you are right, the real Fender tank is king.
  7. S

I dunno, I had no problems up beyond the 12th fret last night, but thanks for the reply!
  8. S

Spring Chicken, Topanga or Faux Spring?

I'm really anxious to try the Boss FRV-1 as I am looking for a less expensive Fender Reverb tank option. I have tried several other reverbs and have not found one that can actually achieve a real 60's surf tone if that is what is needed. All the other pedals that I have tried kind of lose it...
  9. S

Hey all, I just wanted to post my experience with the EHX Hum Debugger.....bottom line it works. I am a single coil lover and I decided I was going to buy one used from Ebay. Before I ever buy a pedal, I check out the forums to see what other people think. I also check out YouTubes. After all...
  10. S

Need inexpensive wireless and advice

Hey everybody, I am in a rockabilly/swing band and we pretty dynamic stage wise. We have only played 3 shows and have been received well here in town. I am looking into a wireless system for the guitar, so that I can move around a little. I looked at the Line 6 stuff but that's out of my price...
  11. S

Replace George L's with what?

I love my Bill and Becky Lawrence cables, (lookup Wilde pickups). High quality, low capacitance per foot, and inexpensive compared to others.
  12. S

Line 6 DL4-reliable after switch replace?

Strange-the same thing happened with my POD a few years ago.
  13. S

The Guv'nor

Ok thanks
  14. S

Anyone Using D tuning (whole step down) on there strats

I just checked out that Morpheus drop tune-think I need one now. No need to buy a baritone.
  15. S

Line 6 DL4-reliable after switch replace?

Are these things still breaking down even if the switches are replaced with better ones? thanks
  16. S

The Guv'nor

Congrats I'm really thinking of building one. Can it do Plexi style gain and / or low gain OK? Or is it all JCM800 type sound? Decent touch sensitivity? I ask because I love my Bluesbreaker clone as well. It's hard to tell going by Youtube demos. thanks in advance.
  17. S

Any experience w/Boss Acoustic Simulator?

I have some friends who like to jam w/ acoustics. I need to wait before buying one. I have a Gretsch semi hollow body and I was wondering if these pedals are any good at all just for jamming purposes or should I forget it? thanks in advance
  18. S

Skin Pimp Face Plant ~ Clip and Pics

Great pedal and clip! May I ask where you found those knobs? thanks
  19. S

I give up on these BYOC pedal...

I have built several pedals from kits. They aren't easy, but it's a great feeling when they are working. The BYOC forum is great. I built a Tremulus Lune. It was very difficult for me and I couldn't get it to work I put it away for like 6 months and built a couple other pedals. I then came...
  20. S

OD/tube screamer advice for a Super Reverb?

Alnico Weber Blues were the 3rd set of speakers that I tried for my Bassman head and I love them. I am really happy with the way they address the mids and breakup. I think to firm the bottom, I might add a ceramic Weber Silver. As far as O/D- Marshall Bluesbreaker- the OLD one. Nice woody tone...
  21. S

Thor from Runoffgroove?

To me, to decribe the BSIAB, I would say sand-like distortion. I am lookinig for gravel - courseness I guess