• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Search results

1. 7thString

Do You Consider YouTubers/Online Guitar Personalities Guitar Heroes?

Greg Koch is one of my favourite people to listen to play but then again he's not really a 'youtuber' despite being in a lot of videos.
  2. 7thString

Playing Sweet Home Alabama at a gig. Your opinion?

i think its best played ironically now, with lyrics replaced, weird al style
  3. 7thString

RIP Peter Green

4. 7thString

New Bonamassa Rig Rundown.

At 34:40 in the video, he talks about how the guitar tone stays 'even harmonically' ie doesn't thin out as he transitions from to the high strings from the fatter, low strings, but then only explains "and that's with the Celestions and a few other things / tricks that I do... keep turning the...
  5. 7thString

In A Part Time Band, How Often Do You Practice?

Usually once a week, and then cram in as many sessions as possible before a gig. That was pretty much a limit with two of us working full time and the other working night shifts + university.
  6. 7thString

Your all-time favorite guitar solo and why.

I actually really enjoyed listening to this, although I can see where you are coming from. There's something enjoyable about some of Frusciante's more 'tongue in cheek' (aka kinda purposely 'wrong' or weird) solos if you will... eg: and more on the comical side: and then on the more polished...
  7. 7thString

and epic use of a fuzz factory
  8. 7thString

Some awesome responses so far. Really enjoying listening through all these, cheers guys. Figured I should add some of my other favourites (Sneaky Hendrix performance)
  9. 7thString

Clips strongly preferred! Love the strat + SLO tone; 3:20 onwards here.