• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Search results

1. Tabor

Talisman Plate Reverb, but stereo?

The Black Country Customs Secret Path is stereo and has a nice Plate sound.
  2. Tabor

Hudson Electronics Broadcast (Dual Footswitch version)

It can be a boost but it can also be a fuzz.
  3. Tabor

Simple reverb pedal with nice layout and high quality sound

The chips used to make the pedal were discontinued so at a certain point Dr. Scientist just ran out of those components and couldn’t make any more pedals.
  4. Tabor

Simple reverb pedal with nice layout and high quality sound

In addition to some of the solid suggestions above you could check these out: Dr. Scientist Reverberator (discontinued so you’d have to shop used) Laney Black Country Customs Secret Path Is the Neunaber Immerse too complex for what you’re after or too hard to read? If not that’d be worth...
  5. Tabor

Boss ft. Sola Sound Unite for Boss TB-2W

Technically that font is not Papyrus but it belongs in the same compost pile.
  6. Tabor

JAM Pedals Harmonious Monk - Harmonic Tremolo

The Fairfield Circuitry Randy’s Revenge can create a beautiful analog sine-wave tremolo sound with a huge range of speeds and it has a LPF control that makes it possible to isolate the Tremolo effect in a certain determined range of lower frequencies while allowing the higher frequencies to pass...
  7. Tabor

Spring Reverb with pre-delay

The Laney Black Country Customs Secret Path has a combo amp spring sound with controls for pre-delay and tone.
  8. Tabor

Chase Bliss Condor and Brothers officially discontinued.

good to hear that it's working for you. Joel says the distortion from the Condor is both "awesome and horrible" in the video below. Personally I think it sounds bad both in low gain and after he starts using filters and setting it for higher gain too but it's obviously just a sound; tastes will...
  9. Tabor

Chase Bliss Condor and Brothers officially discontinued.

Well I've held off mostly because even though it's an EQ there isn't really any direct control over the high end. It's like LFP, Bass and Mids which seems odd to me. Also the way it distorts sounds... erm... unique (?). Even Joel admits many people may think the gain sounds are kinda bad...
  10. Tabor

New Harmony Comet.

I just haven’t cared for the sound of the mahogany guitars I’ve owned and played but that’s not to say I won’t try this one if I get the chance. I’m probably odd in this regard but I’d like to see a natural wood finish. I figure since it’s all mahogany it could wind up looking a bit like those...
  11. Tabor

Options for an analog style delay to run in front of a dirty amp

AD999 - more neutral treatment of the dry signal. Longer delay times. A slightly brighter delay line with more reverberant smear... The repeats can also get gritty pretty easily; especially at longer delay times. AD900 - adds compression and removes some high end from your signal whether...
  12. Tabor

What is up with Timmy prices

Paul is still making them and selling a handful directly through Reverb about once every couple of weeks. The MXR Timmy replaced the Timmy v2 at the $129 price point. The Timmy v3 was originally $149 + $9 shipping. A few months ago Paul raised his price to $169 + $9 shipping for the v3. When...
  13. Tabor

ChaseBlissAudio Generation Loss, are 1000$ worth?

No. I much prefer the sound and functionality of the original CooperFX version over the CBA version. The filters sound better. The noise section is on a knob instead of a toggle and it’s a much more interesting sound that reacts to your playing on the Cooper version instead of just a blanket...
  14. Tabor

The FUN CBA/ZVex Bliss Factory Thread!

I have the same experience here @reverendmaynard. There's a massive amount of gain on the pedal. I guess the character of the sounds probably change somewhat depending where the gain knob is set but overall it seems to have a range from ridiculous high gain to ludicrous high gain on the pedal...
  15. Tabor

Vendor DCW Pedals - TGP Thanksgiving Pedal Giveaway 2020! WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Hands of Time Chaos please. I’m thankful for the forum in general and builders like you who are willing to get involved in this virtual public square.
  16. Tabor

Good analog modulation pedals with level/boost?

I always used the Aquavibe in front of the amp, yeah.
  17. Tabor

New Harmony Comet.

yeah I’m pretty sure it’s a smaller body which I definitely prefer. All mahogany is slightly off putting to me though... otherwise very tempting (if I could justify the $1500).
  18. Tabor

Dunno whether a Uni-Vibe type gets phase-y enough for you but the FoxRox Aquavibe sounds great and has an internal trimmer for level/boost and can be made to sound very warm and lush ime...
  19. Tabor

Fairfield Circuitry Shallow Water Paradox Effects Futura
  20. Tabor

Tubesteader Beekeeper. Any thoughts?

Exciting update @olly_blan. I like the name too.
  21. Tabor

Battle for THE BEST LO-FI PEDAL

This video tries to help describe in more detail what makes the Shallow Water such and unusual, special and (for many including myself) magic circuit. So you've equated a number of pedals so far in this thread that are really worlds apart in my mind... The Mood, Blooper, CT5 and Microcosm...
  22. Tabor

The FUN CBA/ZVex Bliss Factory Thread!

I've thought about it but then sometimes I hear the character of the overdriven sounds on it in demos and they sound... well... bad (?). I guess it's this power rail distortion or something? idk... I've never heard it in person. If the overdriven sounds out of the pedal itself sounded better to...
  23. Tabor

Pladask Elektrisk - Feber - Ring Modulator...ish

The random ramping of the Tremolo starting around 10:00 into that first video sounds really cool to me.