• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Search results

1. Da Geezer

bought a cedar top classical, the smell is pretty strong

Same here....love it, my #1 acoustic.
  2. Da Geezer

Real or fake Rickenbacker

Question for the Ric experts....why no “R” tailpiece? That would have caused me to doubt the authenticity, too.....
  3. Da Geezer

Kramer 450G: Anyone have guidance for the appropriate sized hex key for intonation screws?

Me-thinks you guys may want to get a set of US standard/non-metric hex keys.....very inexpensive, and I’m sure you will find the correct size in the set....probably going to be .050”
  4. Da Geezer

bought a cedar top classical, the smell is pretty strong

Just send it back...obviously not worth the risk in your fragile state of health
  5. Da Geezer

Can we see some of your partscasters?

I sprayed them all myself....Reranch.com to get the rattle can nitro paints, or just get a color you like in enamel poly from the local hardware/big box store. i don’t go for high gloss on mine, so I sand them a bit, spray some primer, then a bunch of final color coats and leave them “satin”...
  6. Da Geezer

NGD? LOL

No way.... $800 FIRM net to seller, buyer pays all shipping and paypal fees, RARE! Low ball offers will be ignored.
  7. Da Geezer

I like “different” finishes (as you can see with my doghair and Goldleaf finishes I posted earlier in this thread) How was that finish accomplished? It looks almost like stone....
  8. Da Geezer

all these have Rosser bodies, and all turned out excellent Pinecaster Custom
  9. Da Geezer

Show me your Les Paul

Mine is fantastic....8.5lb of pure joy. Looks and feels much “older”. Neck isn’t super baseball bat, but reasonably “chunky“. This one had an early headstock repair (c.2005) so I got it for a very good price ($1k). You have to look very close to see it.
  10. Da Geezer

Show me your Les Paul

Agile “Deluxe” Heavily modded and re-finned in Gold Leaf
  11. Da Geezer

Show me your Les Paul

LOVE the Lou!
  12. Da Geezer

Show me your Les Paul

‘15 Special Pro EX
  13. Da Geezer

Show me your Les Paul

‘03 Standard “The Ninja”
  14. Da Geezer

Restructuring at the Fender Custom Shop?

@Ron Thorn Any insight Ron? TIA
  15. Da Geezer

Just curious: does anybody actually use middle positions?

Middle (Bridge & neck) 95% Neck 4.9% Bridge 0.1% On Strats, I usually disable the middle pickup. Even have an S-type with just bridge/neck. (Old photo....now has 2x black Onamac singles installed)
  16. Da Geezer

Fender switching to pine bodies?

This one is pine....lightweight and resonant. Sounds like a Tele and is a favorite
  17. Da Geezer

Official Thead: RIP EVH Eddie Van Halen

I agree, he had something “special” going on. I can hear any other fast shredder and be impressed by the level of virtuosity and technical accomplishment, but.... Eddie made me FEEL something...happy, joyous, simply brought the same smile to my face that I knew he had when he was playing. RIP Ed
  18. Da Geezer

Epiphone ES 335 DOT Headstocks

I did a random image search and found this...is this the “new style”? if yes, then they either have made, or are currently making dots with these. vs this (old style?)
  19. 85FB32C7-681B-44F2-98FA-2082D857FFC6.jpeg

85FB32C7-681B-44F2-98FA-2082D857FFC6.jpeg

20. Da Geezer

Fender, uh, mistake?

Can you take a screen shot?
  21. Da Geezer

What was the "good wood" era?

RARE! Don’t forget that one :rolleyes: If I see that on a listing, I don’t even look at it....the price will be inflated and no budging down to any reasonable amount will ever be considered
  22. Da Geezer

NGD - Vaschenko Single Cut

The attention to detail is stunning....look at those control cover plates! o_O
  23. Da Geezer

Firefly 338.. ES-335 Clone for $159

Sold out, again...I’m glad, because I was tempted to buy one, and I already have 3x semi's :rolleyes: