• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Search results

1. HERSCHEL

Lovepedal Hermida SNS Appreciation Thread Part Deux--The Ham Sammich Lives!

Maybe it's that I've worked over 28 hours in two days, but I miss the daily Tom Yeti videos from Zzounds. I looked forward to those goofy things every December morning last year.
  2. HERSCHEL

It's December 2nd and I'll say it: I miss Tom Yeti

Yeah, it was cheesy, but damn it was fun. Last year I looked forward to the new, daily Tom Yeti bit from Zzounds. It definitely got me there as I generally don't like their site navigation. Come back, Tom!
  3. HERSCHEL

That hurts the team, @Jiminvan but at least a good prognosis is in hand.
  4. HERSCHEL

I wonder if Strymon caught wind of unauthorized discounting and put the kibosh on it.
  5. HERSCHEL

My never ending quest for decent MIAB pedals is still on. (your thoughts on these contenders?)

Maybe even push the LaGrange with a Bluesbreaker-type pedal, which are plentiful. I like the DCW Sunrise Drive, but there are many choices. It's light gain, but if you find it's "too much" with the La Grange your ears might hear the LaGrange as perfect then.
  6. HERSCHEL

You were fortunate enough to be in position to use the offered deal. I felt a bit guilty spending what I did on me at "Christmas" , though I've worked a crap ton of hours the five weeks prior, and likely will until Christmas (burned a week of vacation last week and another the week before New...
  7. HERSCHEL

I think that after the week I've had I'm the last person who could/would/should suggest restraint, so go for it. ;)
  8. HERSCHEL

Your Black Friday Purchase

I, uh, got carried away.
  9. HERSCHEL

The DZ-30. I was very close to going that route before biting on the Bad Cat.
  10. HERSCHEL

Well, I just blew my wad and ordered a Bad Cat Cub 15R. I told the other half one of the amps I was looking at was 15% off with free shipping and no sales tax if I ordered it today, and she said "Why haven't you, then?" :D The MF Rewards Points would have been more than the sales tax ($95.92 vs...
  11. HERSCHEL

Looking for a Vox (ish small head)

Thanks all, I'm rolling with the Bad Cat Cub 15R. Bad Cat direct is 15% off, free shipping and no sales tax (outside their CA home, anyway) on purchases this weekend. MF is also allowing their 15% coupon and points given, as well.
  12. HERSCHEL

I had a nice conversation tonight with Eric at Indigo Amps. I had inquired via e-mail as their site was having some issues and I had heard some interesting clips of their El Mariachi amp (Nicky Maroch sig.) Well, I still love the amp clips, but at 90 watts and almost five grand it was more than...
  13. HERSCHEL

Those are pretty sweet and an ideal size. At 12 watts I'd probably still have to use a separate attenuator, though, and a bit on the pricey side.
  14. HERSCHEL

The TA15 would be perfect, except for the lack of an effects loop, which is essentially a must have. I've looked long and hard at a number of them when they've come up used. If I settle for no loop, I'll likely just get a new AC15CH.
  15. HERSCHEL

I have, and like, my Tweaker, but it doesn't do the Vox chime thing to my liking.
  16. HERSCHEL

Also, if I have to go more, Bad Cat Cub 15R, Ceriatone DZ 30, or something else in the <$1200 range?
  17. HERSCHEL

My head hurts from the search, I'm looking for some Vox chime and drive but coming up short on features: 1. Head 2. 15-ish watts with power scaling/attenuation down to bedroom level. 3. Effects loop 4. Preferably in the $500-$800 range. Does anything really fit all four points? The AC15CH...
  18. HERSCHEL

Black Friday 2020

Oh, man, I forgot to hit "post reply" last night. Garland FX has 35% off all build orders. Yeah, there's a lead time but that's a nice deal.
  19. HERSCHEL

Great, I just spent the last two hours checking them out late last night and went to bed before finishing this comment. ;) That PRS SE Hollowbody w/ piezo was mighty tempting, as was the Marshall Silver Jubilee, but I decided to put in an offer on a S2 McCarty this morning *edit* and I bought...
  20. HERSCHEL

Black Friday 2020

https://chellee.com/ 15% off his drive pedals. The Ponyboy is my favorite Klone, in a normal -sized enclosure, and he's added a bass knob now.
  21. HERSCHEL

Your Black Friday Purchase

I'm cool with Prymaxe, but their points are nigh worthless considering they basically always have a sale going on. I'm still hemming and hawing, but I did nab a Chelle Ponyboy and Odie Modified so far. Peter's take on the klone is mighty fine and adding a bass knob can only help. The Odie was...
  22. HERSCHEL

Indigo El Mariachi Amp

Their site keeps getting flagged as "Unsecure". Anyone know an outlet, or at least a price, on these?
  23. HERSCHEL

Great info. I suppose the Ceriatone Creme Brulee might be an option, as well, since I don't need big volume. The Indigo El Mariachi is another one that intrigues me, but the web site flags as unsecure if I try to go to it.