• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Search results

1. CyberFerret

Who still loves the tones of the "vintage" Axe-FX Ultra? (Zeppelin content)

My old Axe-FX Ultra is still going strong after nearly 12 years. Now handed down to my son who does this sort of thing with it:
  2. CyberFerret

Before the busking stopped... My son's cover of "Fast Car"

My son was earning his living busking on the streets of Melbourne, but we flew him back home in Northern Australia last week for some isolation time with the whole family. This was him about 3 weeks ago on the streets of Melbourne at one of his last busking performances that he was allowed to...
  3. CyberFerret

My son just launched his first original single...

Hey all, I've posted some of my son's cover work on here in the past, to great feedback. Just wanted to let everyone know that he has just release his first original single today, and it is available to check out here: https://ampl.ink/Lam34 This song has been released in the lead up to him...
  4. CyberFerret

Alternative vocal and guitar solo mix of Van Halen's "Running with the Devil"

EDIT: Oops, looks like the video got pulled for some reason. For those that missed it, at first, it sounded like the actual take that is on VH1, but there were bits where DLR sounds like he was pushing it a little too much and varied some of his lyrical yells. The final take on the album seems...
  5. CyberFerret

Couple of dudes hear "Sultans of Swing" for the first time...

For me, I grew up with the music of Mark Knopfler, and he is in my top 5 influences, so I really can't get my head around people who are into music but have never heard this classic song. Full credit to these guys though, they were really open minded and it was great to hear their feedback and...
  6. CyberFerret

Broken finger = loss of passion for playing guitar?

I've played guitar for 40+ years of my life now, and it was always been my refuge from life's stresses and something I have really enjoyed doing. About 2 months ago, I had a fall in which my right hand took most of the brunt, and after 2 weeks of walking around putting up with the pain...
  7. CyberFerret

Joe Bonamassa and Eric Gales trading solos

I am so glad I managed to go on the "Keeping The Blues Alive" Mediterranean cruise a few weeks back. So much talent on the boat, but one of the highlights for me was watching Joe B and Eric trading solos when Eric guested on Joe's show. (Joe then guested on Eric's show later for even more...
  8. CyberFerret

"Somebody To Love" Queen cover by my son...

This is one of my favourite covers that my son recorded recently... Hope you enjoy!
  9. CyberFerret

Software modeller shootout (Fender cleans): Bias 2, Slate TH-U, Amplitube 4, S-Gear 2, Logic X

As the title states, I was experimenting this weekend with 5 different modellers to compare clean Fender amp sounds. Results on SoundCloud here: Full details of the experiment (including screen shots of modeller settings) are on my blog site...
  10. CyberFerret

Any "must visit" guitar stores in the Hollywood area?

Hey all, my son is visiting LA (Hollywood) for a few days from Australia. He is a mad keen guitarist and keen to check out some iconic guitar stores around the area. Who better than TGP to ask as to what are the "not to be missed" ones that he can easily catch an Uber to? ***** UPDATE *****...
  11. CyberFerret

A Great Visual Representation of How an Audio Compressor Works

Not sure if this has been posted on here before, but I came across this on another site and thought it would be cool to post on here too, especially for those that are new to recording and are wondering exactly what it is that a compressor does to your sound signal. A great visual illustration...
  12. CyberFerret

My son's Fathers Day gift to me...(Message In A Bottle)

I've been a fan of "The Police" since way back when. And one of my most favourite ever live performances was watching Sting do a solo rendition of "Message In A Bottle" back at The Secret Policeman's Ball back in the 70's. My son (who is has also become a fan of the group) knew this, so for...
  13. CyberFerret

New Build Day: Lake Placid Blue relic Strat

Hey all, it's been a while since I have been on TGP, but just thought I would pop back and post the latest build I completed over the weekend. Actually, this is the first guitar I've bought in over 2 years, now that I have my GAS under control... (just). For those interested: Body and neck are...
  14. CyberFerret

A bit of Barrios (on electric)

A change of pace - instead of posting clips of my son on here, I thought I would do one that I did myself last week. Basically, I started my guitar life playing classical guitar nearly 40 years ago. Dropped it for (what I thought) was much cooler blues/rock electric guitar in my 20's and never...
  15. CyberFerret

Another cover by my 18yo son... (She will be loved)

A bit of a father/son project - He played all instruments and arranged this piece, while I did all the recording and post production in our home studio. It was a tricky one, as he wanted to record it in the original key. Apparently Maroon 5 don't perform it live in the original key because of...
  16. CyberFerret

My son's first looper pedal + guitar clip (his own arrangement of a Drake song)

Decades of playing guitar, and I have never gotten the hang of using a looper pedal... I guess my sense of timing is *that* bad. Anyhow, my son bought a Boss RC-300 a couple of months ago, and has been experimenting with it. He just put out this video yesterday with a few 'firsts' in it... his...
  17. CyberFerret

In which my son and I refurbish a pair of ugly duckling cabs...

I was sitting around the house one day in February this year, when a friend of mine who works in a music gear backline rental company called and said "Hey, we're moving warehouses, and we found this pair of really old Marshall 1960's style cabs here. You want them? $150 and they're yours!". I...
  18. CyberFerret

Strymon El Cap changing tempo by itself [UPDATE: FIXED]

Hey all, I've had the Strymon El Capistan for a while, and it's been a 'go to' pedal on my board for a couple of years now, but just lately, I've noticed that it has gone rogue. Basically, no matter what tempo I set it to (using the 'Time' knob or the tap tempo button), it will stay there for...
  19. CyberFerret

"Georgia" by Vance Joy - another cover by my son

I am grateful for the fantstic response to my previous thread I posted here about my son's recordings. Hard on the heels of that, he has recorded another cover of the song "Georgia" by Vance Joy. This one was different from prior recordings, in that we recorded vocals and guitar together -...
  20. CyberFerret

My son's dedication to one of his favourite music teachers...

This was a father/son recording project last weekend. My son wanted to record this particular song (Everything by Michael Buble) as a tribute to his middle school music teacher, who sadly lost his wife to illness last year. This was their wedding song.
  21. CyberFerret

A question on connecting two 4x12 cabs into one amp head

Hello all - I'm back on TGP after a lengthy sabbatical to ask a question of the experts. In a nutshell, my son wants to run 2 Marshall 1960's 4x12 cabs with his amp. Here are the details: The cabs are Marshall 1960's style re-issue cabs, with 4 Celestion G12-T75 16 Ohm impedance speakers...
  22. CyberFerret

So, "The Voice" called my son to audition. He said "No"... [UPDATED]

My 16 year old son has been working around town and playing solo gigs, as well as working with his band. He is really serious about making a career in music and has been posting working shots and videos on his social media channels and Youtube etc. A couple of days ago, out of the blue, my...
  23. CyberFerret

I'm posting my weekend cigar box guitar build in (almost) live time on Instagram...

It's the ANZAC long weekend here in Oz, and I thought I would tackle a quick and easy project that has always been in the back of my mind - building a simple cigar box guitar out of stuff I have lying around my house or in my spares bin. I am posting pics on Instagram a few minutes or hours...
  24. CyberFerret

Mission: Recording acoustic guitar with the iPad only

I have used my iPad as a recording device a few times now, but invariably I will take the resulting audio file over to my MacBook for final processing (EQ, compression, Reverb etc.). This has mainly been for electronic music too, using various iPad synths etc. Never tried to record something...
  25. CyberFerret

[NPBD] Groundswell - Anyone else got one?

Actually, I got this great Groundswell Pedalboard a couple of months back, but it has taken me this long to get around to putting some pedals on it. I saw Groundswell Pedalboards come up when I was just browsing around Reverb.com, and immediately liked the look (and the price) of them. A far...