• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Search results

1. H

Relicing Run Amok

Hey...I guess someone must be buying them if they're making them. I can appreciate the hours of time it takes to make something that looks like it's been dragged behind a deadhead's Volkswagon Bus since 1968, but jeez...the prices. And that example is mild compared to some others I've seen. Oh...
  2. H

Relicing Run Amok

$5250 for a guitar that looks like it sat in the Loch Ness Monsters bowels for 20 years, was recently shat out and found its way to shore.... :huh http://www.wildwestguitars.com/Electric-Guitars/ELECTRIC/dis-prod_393_standard.html
  3. H

Recessed Floyd Rose trems...tone killer or not?

I love the recessed Floyd on my Anderson. If the guitar is well built it will sound good with a recessed or non-recessed Floyd.
  4. H

School me on Tom Anderson Guitars!

I got my custom order Anderson drop top about 5 months ago and I knew within 5 minutes of playing it that I'd likely be buried with that guitar. They build fantastic instruments and I"m very happy with mine.
  5. H

So.. you have an extra $6000 to spend..

I'd get the best old Stratocaster I could find for $6k.
  6. H

Inspired by Suhr Guthrie Govan model

These Rasmus versions are arriving in stores now and selling for $1399. Me likey..... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rasmus-Suhr-Govan-Signature-Model-Modern-Natural-Satin-NEW-w-Warranty-/360399013308?pt=Guitar&hash=item53e97485bc
  7. H

smoking is bad...mmmkay?

Looks like someone put that guitar in a smoker along with some spare ribs. Does it smell like BBQ sauce too?
  8. H

Thinking about a DGT or McCarty

I played a DGT and it was simply amazing. I'd love to have the gold one someday.
  9. H

Help me pick out new pickups for my Clapton Strat

Bill Lawerence makes really nice noisless single coil pickups.
  10. H

Why do so many People Diss EMG Pups?

I've played quite a few guitars with EMGs and I just never liked them. There's a dryness to them or something...can't quite explain it.
  11. H

RS Guitarworks Electronics Upgrade: Modern or Vintage?

I put the modern on my Les Paul and love it.
  12. H

'78 SG bride pup replacement - 500t or JB?

Another vote for the JB
  13. H

What is your most DIVERSE guitar?

My Anderson can cop a ton of different tones with the switching and pickups it has onboard.
  14. H

What does "Plays like butter" mean?

Plays like an Anderson.... ;)
  15. H

Favorite Les Paul bridge pickup?

Wolfetone's. I have a Fenris in mine but I'm more of a hard rock guy.
  16. H

Stainless Steel Fret Poll

I have them on the Anderson I just got and they're probably the thing I like the most about the guitar, which is saying a lot because I like everything about it!
  17. H

Am I the Only One Who Thinks Suhr's Are Amazing Guitars

Amazing guitars. I had a Pro Series since 2007 and loved it. I sold it recently to pay off the Anderson I had made for me but I plan to order a Suhr Standard next year sometime. Frankly, I don't get the people that say they are 'sterile' or 'too precise' but to each his own I guess.
  18. H

NGD! Tom Anderson Drop Top

By the way, if anyone is on the fence about stainless steel frets let me just say this....amazing ;)
  19. H

NGD! Tom Anderson Drop Top

I picked up my Anderson Drop Top today and it's amazing. They got it built for me about 2 months ahead of schedule and were just phenomenal to deal with throughout the process. Tom answered every dumb question I had personally. It plays even better than it looks too. Basswood with Quilt Maple...
  20. H

Is shredding on guitar a waste of time?

I can't believe this troll thread has this many pages.
  21. H

Anyone here big into the Ultex Jazz III?

i tried them and didn't like them. I'm so used to the regular red or black ones that after about 20 years I just stick with what works.
  22. H

My First Custom Guitar

I just placed an order for a Tom Anderson Drop Top and it'll be here in July :) VERY excited because after 20+ years of playing I'm finally getting something built exactly how I want it. Drop Top Classic, basswood w/ quilt maple in Transparent Blue, maple neck(standard profile), H2+/SF/H1...
  23. H

Who is known for their necks?

I used to own a Music Man Silhouette Special and it had one of the best necks I've ever played on a guitar. Can't go wrong there.
  24. H

Strat Humbucker recommendation

Check out a Suhr SSH. It's output is 13k and it's got more cut to it so it would work real well with a rosewood board/alder body combo.
  25. H

So how was your Callaham tremolo block experience?

I put a Callaham on a mexican made Stratocaster(Texas Strat I think) and it made a big difference in the sustain and added some clarity to the tone of the guitar. I don't own a Strat now but the next one I get I'll put a Callaham on it.