• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Search results

1. IRG

D&M odd issue

So I’ve filled out the Keeley warranty repair work today, but I thought I would post my issue here too in case there is something obvious I’m missing. I got my D&M Drive not long after it came out, have loved it. I don’t gig out so it’s not abused at all. This weekend, when the pedal is on, on...
  2. IRG

Late to the party on the BE-OD, have some questions

So it's been, what, 4 years since the Friedman BE-OD is out, but I'm thinking of trying it. I need a good high gain pedal. Currently, I have a Keeley D&M Drive that I like a lot, and it can get fairly high gain with both sides on, but no real control over the mids, and in the end I prefer it...
  3. IRG

Gibson SG white color name?

I have a 2013 (I think that's the year?) Gibson SG Standard that is white. Thinking of selling it, but I'm not sure what the correct color name is, antique white or Polaris white or maybe something other than that. Not a VOS model. I haven't seen many on Reverb, so it's a bit unusual perhaps...
  4. IRG

EVH tone with what I currently own...

I'm a long time EVH fan, (and earlier 80's hard rock) but have strayed from my roots for too long, so I'm getting back into the brown sound, and other heavier sounds from the 70's - 90's. And I have an EVH Bumblebee superstrat coming soon. So, I want the tone, or a approximation of the brown...
  5. IRG

Carbon Copy Mix Knob question

I'm thinking of getting a Carbon Copy - had one when they first came out, but time to try it again. I was looking at the CC Deluxe, like the added features, but I couln't help but notice in one YT video that the mix knob was up to 3 oclock to where you could hear the repeats, and anywhere close...
  6. IRG

An odd issue with my Rubberneck has suddenly arised...

I love the Rubberneck, I've had mine since pretty much when it came out. And I use the Digitech FS3x controller with it all the time. Suddenly I have an odd quirk with it, that doesn't impact the sound, just the functionality a little bit. So when you turn the Rubberneck on, on the left LED...
  7. IRG

Where would you put the Beat Buddy Mini II in your FX Chain?

I impulsively bought a little Boss DR-01s drum machine last week. I know it was designed more for the acoustic player, and it's portable and all, but I used a cable from the machine's out, into the second input of my amp. Not bad, sounds a lot better amplified. The issue is that I can't use it...
  8. IRG

Impulsive purchases lately?

I haven't purchased too many impulsive pedals or other gear lately. Except last week I got in a partial trade (trades a strat for a Tele and got a pedal with it) an EQD Speaker Cranker (new) and really like it. But I did some research before getting it. Yesterday, I pulled the trigger on...
  9. IRG

Modding - One thing at a time, or multiple?

I'm about ready to "hot rod" my Les Paul Traditional Pro II. I had a previous thread a few weeks ago whether I should keep it, or add another SG instead. In the end, I realized I love this guitar, and that it just needs some updates to make me like it even more. The Issue: Neck pickup ('57 now)...
  10. IRG

D&M Drive Boost side vs. Mythical Overdrive Vintage Spec

So I've had the D&M Drive for a while now, and have liked it a lot. OCD side on the drive side, and the boost side is considered a Boost ala their Kantana, but it makes mention of something similar to a Klone. And some have said a TS type, but it doesn't strike me that at all, it has more mids...
  11. IRG

I think I'm moving away from my Les Paul, to the SG...what next?

So I have a very modest collection of gear that is not getting any bigger (also have a newer audiophile hobby that is getting more spendy). I have a few classic guitars: Taylor DN3 Dreadnaught Fender USA Standard Strat Fender RW Telecaster Eastman T386 355 clone Gibson SG Standard (with WCR...
  12. IRG

Got my DMM back from repair, what's next?

So back in October, I decided to get a classic DMM repaired. It was a leftover from the factory, never operational. I took it to a guy who fixes a lot of gear for Guitar Center (he's their authorized repair guy) and he has a ton of cool vintage gear (I've seen 3 different Echoplexes at his place...
  13. IRG

Thoughts on this color?

LP content. Normally I like the traditional color schemes for Les Pauls. But this one is interesting, not sure if I love it or despise it: Epiphone Les Paul Tribute Plus:
  14. IRG

Wahs with buffers (for working nicely with fuzz face)

I have a Bad Silicon Bad Face silicon fuzz face. Cool pedal, and I have it early in my chain, because it doesn't play nicely with other pedals, including my Dunlop/MXR CAE Wah. Probably one of my oldest pedals now. But I can't use it with the fuzz face because of the buffer issue. So, something...
  15. IRG

HSH Strats...hadn't considered one before but...

So I have a '14 USA Standard Strat. Good guitar, Fat 50's pickups in it. Stays in tune well. But I kinda just don't like the color and maple neck combo (I got it on a trade for a PRS I had). I mostly use it in the neck position 80% of the time. Thinking I could sell it, and downgrade to a nice...
  16. IRG

DMM Repair options...(updated pics)

UPDATE: scroll down for gutshot pics I have a mint (unused) classic DMM, I've basically forgotten about. I was told it doesn't operate, but now that I don't have a 24v adapter, I have no way of knowing for sure. None of my local shops have an adapter, although as I type this I have a friend...
  17. IRG

Looking at getting a phono preamp

I'm in need of a good but relatively affordable phono preamp. Amp is a Musical Fidelity M2si which I purposely bought because it had neither a built in phono or DAC, as I wanted those separate. So I've been enjoying my new DAC (also a Musical Fidelity V-90 DAC), and now it's time to start...
  18. IRG

Fender Classic Player Baja 60's, 2017, what pickups?

I have a Fender Classic Player Baja '60's Telecaster I'm selling on Reverb, it's a 2017. Anyone recall the pickups, same as they are this year? For some reason, I recall them being CS '69 pickup in the bridge, not recalling in the neck. I can't seem to find on Fender's site previous years. Or...
  19. IRG

Giving pedals a second chance...

I ordered a new Catalinbread Belle Epoch last night. Thought about the Deluxe, but I didn't need/want its extra features, plus I don't have the space. I've had one before. But that one had a switch issue of some sort, never felt right, and didn't always engage when it should have. I liked the...
  20. IRG

Thinking of simplifying a couple of things...

I'm thinking of not so much downsizing my rig, as simplifying. Why? Good question. After 10-15 years of buying/selling new equipment a lot, I'm at a point of being fairly satisfied with what I have, given my abilities and phase in life (early 50's). I don't play out currently, and not sure I...
  21. IRG

Budget 2 channel system advice

So I spend most of time at TGP in the Effects section or Guitars. I think for a while at least, I've hit a wall in how much $ and time I can spend on my guitar hobby. My first love before that, which has really taken a back seat to the guitar has been listening to music (and yet the two are...
  22. IRG

"Random" modulation - tape delay

So currently have two delays (and many more in the past, lol), a Nemesis and the Rubberneck. I like both for different reasons. But lately I'm wanting to add a dedicated tape delay type. Ideally, a real tape echo would be in my possession but cost and size and prohibitive. The tape delay on the...
  23. IRG

Favorite fuzz face and univibe combo that works for you...

So I have two fairly new pedals to me, a Fulltone CS MDV-1 univibe, and a Bad Pixel Bad Face Silicon. They don't seem to jive well. The fuzz needs to go first, or the vibe neuters all of its goodness (the fuzz is first in my chain, the vibe second). When I put the vibe after it, the fuzz seems...
  24. IRG

Keeley D&M Vs. Ethos TWE-1

I'm close to sorting out all my dirt options. It starts with a great new fuzz face>vibe>Keeley D&M>Thorpy Muffroom >???>TU-3. The ?? is for a Magnetic Effects Tone Bender I really like too, but quite a bit of overlap between the FF and the Muff. I'll swap it in and out when I feel it. So, the...
  25. IRG

SG Gas...two very different options

I have a rule of "6" electrics for myself. And 1-2 acoustics. I currently have these modest 6 guitars, and are probably in order of my favorite to least favorite: 1. Gibson LP Traditional 2010 2. Fender Standard Strat USA 2014 2. (tie) Fender MIM Telecaster Road Worn 2017 4. Epiphone LP Custom...