• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Search results

1. sampleinajar

Paul Reed Smith ....give me a break

is it just me or does that guitar look more like a Baker B1 than a PRS?
  2. sampleinajar

Bludotone DK30?

Thanks so much for the insight. Mind made up !
  3. sampleinajar

How we made records in the 90's

Wow. I spent a lot of time listening to many of the records on this list. Nice work and Super impressive man.
  4. sampleinajar

Bludotone DK30?

Thanks for the info pheonixvam - does yours clean up like Davey’s when you roll off the guitar volume? He had some otherworldly clean tones happening that night. I did contact Bludotone around the time I started this thread and they said they were going to release the amp, but I don’t think...
  5. sampleinajar

Come on, Guitar Center!

Come on man, everyone knows you can’t dust for vomit!
  6. sampleinajar

40 years ago today.... Back in Black was released.

Amen brother. This right here.
  7. sampleinajar

The Theme from "Friends"

Excellent post man. Made my day. I spend a lot of time doing similar analyses (law and order theme anyone?) so glad I’m not the only one!
  8. sampleinajar

Why do some guitar teachers HATE Caged?

Ok, old dude chiming in here after 40 years with this amazing instrument. I taught for several years, played in bands, did the whole thing. I think a lot of people view an approach to learning the guitar as some sort of religion/philosphophy, and that they need to find the ONE path to true...
  9. sampleinajar

What is your LEAST favorite Led Zepplin song?

I was thinking the same thing - Are we talking about the right song?
  10. sampleinajar

The record that hit the biggest because of the producer?

yeah, I heard those Chipmunk sessions were out of control. Alvin was strung out on coke, and Theodore always had a bunch of groupies at the studio and was more interested in them than making music. Dave the producer held that **** together.
  11. sampleinajar

Lyric snips that are incredibly powerful

“Wish I didn’t know now what I didn’t know then.” Bob Seger Against the Wind
  12. sampleinajar

Any Zakk Wylde fans have $110k laying around?

That is a stalker-level collection.
  13. sampleinajar

E.V.H. Beat it.

Dann Huff or Mike Landau were quite active at the time and could have been called in if Ed has said no. But he didn’t!
  14. sampleinajar

John Syke's modded JCM800, I have never heard such a unique amp.

it always pissed me off that his guitar was mixed so low on that WS album. His playing made that album. And then he was gone. I’m with you on this one, a real head scratcher.
  15. sampleinajar

If you could only have 1 acoustic guitar?

This right here. Do it all guitar.
  16. sampleinajar

You get one OD pedal for the rest of your life

my modded tube screamer with asymmetric clipping diodes, slightly flattened mids and 808 style output
  17. sampleinajar

Bieber on SNL

I thought exactly the same thing
  18. sampleinajar

NGD 1966 Telecaster

Wow, this is an amazing guitar and I would absolutely love to own one like this! But just for reference, if the owner had taken his $300 and put it in an S&P 500 fund he would have done a lot better financially. The S&P has returned 9.8% over the last 90 years, which translates to a net worth...
  19. sampleinajar

Bludotone DK30?

yes indeed. Great hands.
  20. sampleinajar

Bludotone DK30?

hmm...this makes me wonder if the new Suhr might be worth checking out.
  21. sampleinajar

Bludotone DK30?

I saw Davy Knowles live recently, and I really liked the tone he gets from his Bludotone DK30 model. It’s not overly refined and polite but still retains the unique parts of the umble sound that I dig, both overdriven and clean. Seems to clean up really well with just the guitar volume...
  22. sampleinajar

Tell me this isn't one of THE best performances ever in live music

I was just going to say the version with Beck was better.
  23. sampleinajar

Give it up for Pyromania, 37 Years Old Today!

That is a solid cover! Thanks for posting
  24. sampleinajar

Give it up for Pyromania, 37 Years Old Today!

I’m from the same era, and I saw that same show but in Cincinnati. They were phenomenal and I wouldn’t have wanted to be Billy following that up. Great album that still holds up.
  25. sampleinajar

80's in a box pedals?

Doesn’t get a lot of mention, but for a cheap option try the Maxon SM-9 super metal. I gigged with one of these in the 80s and it can do exactly what you are asking.