• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Search results

1. zion

Collings 290 - what do you think?

The 290 is my daily player. It's the only electric guitar I've ever owned that has remained bone stock. Highly recommended.
  2. zion

Kirn Barnbusters, any with rosewood fingerboards?

I used to own a Rosewood lefty Barnbuster. So at least one out there.
  3. zion

Chris Kroenlein Love...(K-Line Guitar Content)

Count me in on a lefty demo!
  4. zion

NBD Snakehead.

Outstanding.
  5. zion

Recommend me some Humbuckers!

Check out Faber and Callaham hardware.
  6. zion

Recommend me some Humbuckers!

I'm getting ready to drop a set of Arcane H's in my 535. Also check out the T tops from Zhangbucker. Since you are going all out, try Tundratone for some fresh electronics. In my opinion, Tonepros bridges isn't much of an upgrade. Robs response in my experience. There's better stuff out...
  7. zion

Southern Ill

How's the long-awaited guitar?
  8. zion

Rick Kelly/Carmine Street guitars

Quick question: How much deposit does he ask for?
  9. zion

Corsa LP-Style Guitars

Only does a 12 radius...crap.
  10. zion

Corsa LP-Style Guitars

Is neck radius an option?
  11. zion

Corsa LP-Style Guitars

Close to a trigger pull on a lefty. Help.
  12. zion

I Want a Custom Tele

Don't pay more than a couple grand for what you want...lots of super quality t's for less than that. Kirn or k line are great places to start.
  13. zion

Top three small builder guitars you wouldq love to try

McInturff Kauer Comins (Lefthanders of course)
  14. zion

Tandler (Ex-Morgaine) Goldtop Beauty Single-Pickup

My favorite part is the lack of neck binding. Rare on a guitar of this style. Love the looks of this thing.
  15. zion

can anyone out there build me a lefty mustang bass?

http://www.leftylangvintageguitar.com/leftylangvintageguitar.com/Home.html
  16. zion

Custom built telecaster; What builder?

http://www.ronkirn.com/
  17. zion

Interesting video about Premier Builder's Guild

PBG finally makes sense to me now. I wonder if any of the builders had ever given thought to doing the overseas thing? Seems like a great solution to small company luthiers problems as Schroeder stated. Glad they're keeping them here! Now, where's the lefties?
  18. zion

Osage Orange Necks

Thanks for the all the intel everyone. I've been reading about a Tennessee builder who only uses what he can find locally. Osage Orange, Persimmon, Sycamore, Walnut, etc... He builds acoustics that are rumored to be outstanding. When the weather clears I'm going to make a journey to see...
  19. zion

Osage Orange Necks

Anyone know if Osage Orange necks can be played raw or do they require a finish?
  20. zion

Does Anyone Sell "Old Wood" Telecaster Bodies?

I'm always looking for an old wood tele body (lefty) as well.
  21. zion

Gadow Guitars

Matching headstock overlay? Absolutely Pic in natural light? I'll work on it. Two things standout about this guitar: The weight or rather the lack thereof. And the very unique sound. I've got to find a scale to verify the weight. It's almost as light as my acoustic. Its a...
  22. zion

Gadow Guitars

A fine instrument...
  23. zion

Gadow Nashville

American-made no relic goodness. Nice!
  24. zion

Studying the possibilty of starting a guitar building/guitar repair school. Comments?

Wonderful idea! There is a local folk school here that offers 1-week classes. The classes range from beginner to intermediate to expert. Students stay at the school dorm style, eat together, and immerse themselves in their chosen craft. Its an effective model. I would suggest to offer...