• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Search results

1. glaswerks

Where are the original Glaswerks SODs?

It is kind of crazy, they don't move around very much. I have had very few ever come back for repairs. I haven't seen one since I moved to Minnesota in 2016. Check with TEJA Tubes he had several of them. Seems #9 was the magical amp and I have matched several amps to that amp.
  2. glaswerks

The first SOD originals there were only 25 built. Too hard to build lol. I would like to do something different and that day is fast approaching, I want some "sweet" amp with more clarity. Maybe full octal tube set. Of course that said, I was playing a new SOD II today and it blew my...
  3. glaswerks

I still have that tweed amp. I will sell if the price is right. it made the move with me to Minnesota.
  4. glaswerks

It is interesting that the basic reverb I developed for that amp is still in use (a few changes) in the SOD II and Zingaro amps.
  5. glaswerks

Ah the ShoVerb, what ever happened to that amp?
  6. glaswerks

I remember that yours was in the very first batch of amps as I remember, at 65 I don't remember yesterday most of the time. But the Super Overdrive II is a monster in comparison. And I have trimmed back the bass, especially in the OD2 channel.
  7. glaswerks

It goes to 12!

The old Fender amps were my inspiration to go to 12 on the Glaswerks Amps lol. Actually 11 would be better, give an indication of center of rotation. Just had to be different.
  8. glaswerks

Glaswerks Zingaro Diary

As loud as necessary, I like to play loud personally it just feels better. My master is always set to about 4 to 5 with the Send and return controls set to Send 10:00 Return 2:00. Gary
  9. glaswerks

Glaswerks Zingaro Diary

I was going to send you an email and see how you were doing with the amp. I can tell well from your posts. Let me know if you have any questions. Gary
  10. glaswerks

Glaswerks Zingaro Diary

Probably the Rock position. Just my guess Gary
  11. glaswerks

Glaswerks Zingaro Diary

I have run 50 Watt amps with 6V6's. but that said, it is a large mismatch impedance wise for the tubes. But I normally dont recommend it.
  12. glaswerks

Glaswerks Zingaro Diary

Glad to hear she made it ok. I did my best to pack the heck out of it. Let me know if you have any questions. Hear that folks, Glaswerks and the Zingaro are the real deal.
  13. glaswerks

Glaswerks Zingaro Diary

Yes I changed vendors and had to make new drawing and gerber layouts. The only difference is I added two holes to pick up power for the FET boards. I switched to the single off/stby/on switch about a year ago, I first changed it out on the Matchbox. Ted you can chime in if you would like...
  14. glaswerks

Glaswerks Amp Thread!

Actually the response of the cathode follower is pretty much DC to daylight with a gain of ~.95db, There is a slight high end roll off on the recovery amp. About .5db per decade or so.
  15. glaswerks

Glaswerks Amp Thread!

Thanks enjoy the amp, reach out if you have any questions.
  16. glaswerks

Glaswerks "Zingaro"

That is correct. Price wasn't rasised until Feb 2018.
  17. glaswerks

Glaswerks "Zingaro"

Please note that the Zingaro has cascading stages. Anything that is done in the clean section will effect the overdrive section. Normally I recommend First Gain between 11:00 and 1:00.
  18. glaswerks

Glaswerks Amp Thread!

The loop in the SOD II is not TRS quasi balanced, it is single ended send and single ended return, just a normal 1/4" into the effects unit 1/4" input. Gary
  19. glaswerks

Glaswerks Amp Thread!

Honestly don't know as I have not tried it, but I would guess that darken the overdrive a little and would have no effect on the clean channel as the circuitry and signal path would be identical. I might have to give it a try on my amp. Gary
  20. glaswerks

Glaswerks Amp Thread!

It is by design, the V1B feedback loop is switched out which extends the bottom end of the tone stack recovery stage. With the loop in place the OD1 tone is smoother, with it out, the OD2 gets a thumpier response.
  21. glaswerks

Glaswerks Amp Thread!

Thanks JJ, glad you are enjoying the new toys on your SOD II. Let me know how it works out on your ROCK gig. Gary
  22. glaswerks

Glaswerks "Zingaro"

Original price on a 50W was 1950.00. Price was never increased until 2018 (February). Gary
  23. glaswerks

Standing on the edge of the D-style rabbit hole. Jump in or back away?

If this happens please let me know and I will reach out to Derek George in Nashville and see if he would be interested in bringing his Glaswerks Super Overdrive II.
  24. glaswerks

Glaswerks "Zingaro"

The LOOP is right before the power amp the MASTER feeds the LOOP. So it is..... CLEAN -> Overdrive -> Master -> Loop -> power amp -> speaker.