• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Search results

1. K

Recording: Know nothing, Have a Macbook, what do I need-Please HELP!

try one of those cheap Behringer interfaces, not my case, but heard they're pretty good for starters
  2. K

pro tools + duo 2 core Mac question

thanks, that's what I tried to say, just editted my posting on digidesign's web page they say is compatible with intel based macs, duo core is what they used, i'm thinking of getting a duo 2 core
  3. K

pro tools + duo 2 core Mac question

Has anyone tried pro tools LE with a duo 2 core Mac ?
  4. K

tube preamp for direct guitar???

I find this interesting, if I do get the BiValve I think I might try this, but that won't be for a couple of months, really good sounding clips BTW.
  5. K

By this you mean that there's no need for a tube DI to achieve a more natural sounding recording from a digital source (POD) ????
  6. K

What ART pre did you used?? how was your signal chain when you used it??
  7. K

quote: will the tube DI get me the warmth lacking in the POD settings?? I meant the digitally sounding signal from the POD
  8. K

this is what I was thinking of, except that in December I sold my amp in order to get another but haven't decided which one so I thought of the POD. (currently considering THD's BiValve) What I currently have is a few guitars (Gibson SG, Epi Sheraton II and a strat clone), my pedalboard (which...
  9. K

I'm talking about a instrument preamp not mic input preamp, I don't know if this is correct, check out my signal chain to get a better idea of what I have in mind. Thanks for the options posted here, I'll check'em out.
  10. K

I want to record direct in my home studio (read: apartment), is there a good tube preamp for guitar/bass?? Here's what I'm thinking, guitar => pedalboard => tube preamp => pod => recorder(PC) Will this work??