• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Search results

1. K

greenbaks vs v30's

more into the lighter end like PJ and SP. A 30 watts head
  2. K

greenbaks vs v30's

I play 90's rock, some call it grunge alternative, some songs have low gain od's, and other have high gain dists, and some have fuzz with a little modulation. I'm deciding between two 212 cabs loaded with said speakers respectively.
  3. K

greenbaks vs v30's

In a 212 cab, which one would use and why?? what genre you play. Ohh, and you use some effects?
  4. K

Epiphone Valve Junior Head

What cabs are you using it with?? the head folks I mean
  5. K

First tube amp ever for me

bump
  6. K

OK, so I checked the BB in question and it hasn't been modded, I tested it too and I liked the tone but thinking in a band situation I'm really concerned about the farting bass tones I've read about, it hasn't been sold yet but I have to decide pretty soon, any comments? I can try it again of...
  7. K

I don;t believe he has modded it, since he barely uses it.
  8. K

ok, the bluesbreaker is not new is has been used for three years and not much, so it's like new and falling to the price range of the other two, I'm really into the BB, thanks a lot for your replies and support. Another question: my friends BB is not the one I've tested, but I've heard him...
  9. K

Hi, This Christmas I’m buying myself my first tube amp, I’ve been considering a few options and cut the list to three amps, marshall bluesbreaker being my first option right now, fender deluxe reverb and traynor 50 blue, the other two. I play indie rock, between mellow stuff and hard...
  10. K

Your favorite artists rock sound

Robbie Krieger Billy corgan's massive fuzz sound and cleans Dean Deleo Jimmy page. elec and acoustic Pearl jam Jimi's solo on Axis: bold as love As you can see, different sounds but great sounds, maybe not tones, becuase they are effected, but anyway.
  11. K

New Amp!!!!!!

oohh more replys while I was posting, good!! Thanks!! Rotren-Yeah, the Traynor have great cleans, that's why put it my options pureoldsound-I'm looking at combos because they are less expensive than a head and a cabinet, a 2 x 12 cabinet may be a good option too. I haven't looked at used...
  12. K

New Amp!!!!!!

Plexibreath-never tried the bluesbreajer before, but have heard it, it does sounds great, but is out of my budget, runs for 2K+ p.snail-never played the JSX, how can you compare it to the 6505? Colt-too expensive right now guidedbyechoes-the shops I know don't have Carvins, too bad...
  13. K

New Amp!!!!!!

Recently I’ve decided to upgrade my rig, I’ve been playing guitar for some time now and have the money for it, so the first thing I did was buy myself a new guitar, I went out and tried different types and bought the one that I liked best, a Gibson SG. Ok, the next step? The amp, I’m looking...