• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Search results

1. Standard 64

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe perfect pair power tubes matching numbers

Hello,Justin Holton recomends ordering a perfect pair of power tubes between 20-25.Question is my tubes(JJ's)both say 19.Should I exchange them?Thanks.S64
  2. Standard 64

My new blues junior stinks!! Literally.What do I do?

Well the amp did ship upside down,and the tags.that were around the chicken head knobs were at the bottom of the box and the instruction manual,had some yellow substance on them,I returned the amp 3 days after I got it.The amp sounded pretty good,the reverb kinda sucked.It was meant to be,to be...
  3. Standard 64

well ive got it roasting(on)now and the smell is a little less
  4. Standard 64

Bought the amp yesterday and the guy brings it to the counter in the box upside down.Bring it home and their is some kind of yellow oil on the instruction manual.Plug in the amp and after it warms up,the room smells like something is cooking and its not pleasant,same thing today,amp works fine...
  5. Standard 64

65 Fender Tremolux,running "jumpered"

Is their any downside or harm to running the channels jumpered?I plug the guitar into input 1 on the normal channel and run a small patch cable from input 2 of the normal channel to input 1 of the vibrato channel,than I match up the volumes and EQ.The tone seems fuller and the drive stomboxes...
  6. Standard 64

40 watt LOUD amp and DR.Z Brake Light

Eurotubes with shipping around 35$.Really would rather put that money into a brake lite,if its recomended by you guys.
  7. Standard 64

2x8 OHM speaker outputs

jca20h jet city 20 watt head.I was wondering if you can plug a 8 ohm cab into one of the dual outputs thats marked"2x8 ohm"And do you disconnect the internal speaker?
  8. Standard 64

Please Name The Amp You Are Asking For Help With.

Am I paranoid?Cause I feel you are talking about me!
  9. Standard 64

2x8 OHM speaker outputs

if the back of the head has this,can you plug a 8 ohm speaker cabinet into it?Also it says the internal speaker can be played and or disconnected.their is also a 16 ohm outlet
  10. Standard 64

40 watt LOUD amp and DR.Z Brake Light

My 40 watt amp is loud on the lower settings(2-3)and gets louder to hit the sweet spot.Will a brake light help to hit the sweet spot and still not be ear ringing loud?Thanks.S64
  11. Standard 64

40 watt tube amp into 60 watt speaker

Yes,long periods of time just pounding away until the speaker screams for mercy!!!
  12. Standard 64

Well slow cooking does not sound good,should I go for maybe 75 watts?Thanks.
  13. Standard 64

Omega modded Hot rod deluxe combo with a Warehouse v30
  14. Standard 64

Do you think the speaker will last?Going to be cranking the amp.Thanks.
  15. Standard 64

Anybody use a 20 foot speaker cable to connect their amp head to cab?

Is this ok or not recomended?What does it do to a 4 ohm cab?Thanks
  16. Standard 64

65 Tremolux hum

Yes,with no cord plugged in,or a cord plugged in.Low hummmmmmm......
  17. Standard 64

65 Tremolux hum

For you Tremolux owners.Any low amp hum when you turn your amp on?Thanks.
  18. Standard 64

Outlets in house cause amp buzz/hum.Run a seperate line and ground?

Well when I had the fuse box put in they put in a new ground rod.