• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Search results

1. M

Building a PC for Home Recording

What are you running in your pc?
  2. M

Yeah, guitars, vocals, drums...eventually a keyboard for midi use.
  3. M

Adobe Audition and Mackie Tracktion and possibly Guitar Rigs or something of that nature. I only need something simple though, that'll record mics through a firewire mixer. I still want at least 500gb and 2gb of RAM and for it all to run on XP. I just dont know diddly squat about CPU...
  4. M

Quick question, does XP support 500 gb hard drives? I most likely won't be using much plugins, just recording from mics and possibly a midi piano on adobe audition and/or mackie tracktion.
  5. M

I'm using the Alesis iO14 firewire-based mixer. *EDIT* So I asked my friend to build the PC for me and told him I was going to use XP and he said XP couldn't handle 500gb as the main drive and that I would need something smaller. Is this true? It sounded really ridiculous, but I didn't argue...
  6. M

I'm planning on using a firewire based mixer, but can you tell me a little bit more about the VIA, Nvidia, Intel...chipsets. I'm not too familiar with what these mean, although I trust what you're saying, I wanna know what I'm talking about just in case I tell someone else to do the same.
  7. M

What makes a fast hard drive, I'm going for a 500 GB to start with and eventually grab another one, I have the same question for RAM. I'm definately gonna use XP...and what's good MHZ wise for a CPU or is there something else I should be looking at. I don't use plugins much...but I know I...
  8. M

Very nice, is it quiet? I don't think I need anything too over the top, just lots of RAM, hard drive space, and a good processor.
  9. M

I'm trying to build a fairly decent DAW for home recording use. Any suggesetions on which CPU, Motherboards, RAM, Hard Drive, Video Card, and Power Supply Unit would give me the best performance for recording? Thanks for any help.