• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Search results

1. blownirocz

WTB Morgan 1x12 Cab and Head Cab in Chalk Chilewich

I know it's a long shot, but I'm looking for a Morgan 1x12 cab and head cab for an AC20 size head SPECIFICALLY IN CHALK CHILEWICH. Looking for something in excellent condition (no rips, tears or stains). I can pay CASH or trade for a good condition black tolex Morgan head cab and 2x12 cab...
  2. blownirocz

Best bang for the buck Telecaster (or T-style) guitar with binding

Am primarily a Gibson guy, but have suddenly developed a hankerin' for a Tele again. As I'm watching some videos I realize that I really love the look of the bound Tele's, especially in colors like Fiesta Red and Lake Placid blue. What's the best bang for the buck option for something bound...
  3. blownirocz

NGD: Fano JM6 Standard

As promised in my other thread, pics of the newly acquired Fano JM6 in Ocean Turquoise with Fano P-90's. Weighs in at 7 lbs 11 oz. My first "boutique" guitar aside from some Gibson Custom Shop stuff. Just got it today, so have only had a few hours with it so far but man...I think it's quickly...
  4. blownirocz

Shout out to Josh at guitarstobeplayed.com

I don't post these kinds of threads often but ... I recently began my search for a J-Style guitar. Talked to the folks over at Fano who directed me to Josh at guitarstobeplayed.com. Gave him a call... Some of the best customer service I've ever received. Intently listened to what I was...
  5. blownirocz

J Style (Jazzmaster) Recommendations?

Looking for current recommendations for a J Style guitar. Looking for something that CAN house Mini Humbuckers or Gibson Firebird pickups (both pickups I have never tried before, hence my curiosity about them). My understanding is that if I don't like either, P-90's will also fit. So far I am...
  6. blownirocz

Some hope again, FINALLY ...

... that rock may finally be making a comeback. Only just heard their stuff for the first time this weekend. But damn...
  7. blownirocz

Lighter/Lightest Les Paul

Disclaimer: Yes, I've searched the other threads etc. I'm posting because I still don't have a clear path. So I have a completely stock 2006 LP Standard in Ebony that I absolutely love. Love the feel, love the look, love the tone. But the one thing I don't particularly love is the weight. I...
  8. blownirocz

Just bought a Mini Dirty Shirley...

After a couple of months of researching, I've finally settled on the Mini Dirty Shirley to get my "Marshall at home" tones. I also ordered the matching 1x12 cab with G12M-65 Creamback. Should have them later this week. Really looking forward to trying them. Any tips/tricks/settings...
  9. blownirocz

Non-microphonic EF86? Please?

Morgan AC20 Deluxe head. Worked fine for several years. Tube went microphonic. It happens. Have since bought 5 different EF86's, some from the suppliers mentioned in the sticky that Big Mike did. Every single one was microphonic. The reason I know it isn't an amp issue is that I pulled the...
  10. blownirocz

Sold Carol-Ann Trip-R Head

SOLD! Thanks David! Mint condition Carol-Ann Trip-R head. Comes with 4-button footswitch. Total rock machine with a STELLAR clean channel too. Big, bold, and sparkly! A fellow TGP member has done the best demo of its tones to date: $1650 SHIPPED. You pay Paypal fees if you choose to...
  11. blownirocz

Help a lifelong Les Paul/335 guy pick a Strat

Hey Guys - Need some help figuring out which Strat model gets me the authentic "Stratocaster experience" (the sounds that Strats are best known for), at the lowest possible price. I'm trying not to make a major investment until I decide whether it's a tool that I'll want to keep in my toolbox...
  12. blownirocz

Anyone tried the Matchless 4x10 with a C-30

I currently have an HC-30 head into a Matchless ESD 2x12 cab with the dissimilar speakers. Absolutely love the combination. But recently, I was reading the C-30 manual from Matchless and noted this: "Four-ten-inch speaker enclosures have smooth, deep, bass, and silky heights with less...
  13. blownirocz

Sold Straub Cantus - 50W Plexi Style Head with Master Volume

Hey Guys - Got this in a trade from a fellow TGP member. Really good looking, and great sounding Plexi Style head with one of the better master volumes I've used. Couple of cosmetic scratches from one of the previous owners, which I've tried to detail in the pics, but sounds fantastic. $1200...
  14. blownirocz

Sold ABSOLUTELY STUNNING 4-in-1 Flame Maple 1x12 Custom Cabinet

This is a custom 1x12 4-in-1 cabinet hand built for me by our very own Larry Mann (distortion) in the most beautiful flame maple you've ever seen. The dimensions of the cab are: 24.5" W x 11.25" D x 20" H. 4-in-1 because the cab comes with two different backs panels, and two different speaker...
  15. blownirocz

Sold Allyn Meyers Concorde - NOS Tubes - Bubinga / Quilted Maple KF50 Headshell

Up for sale is an incredible sounding, and stunningly gorgeous, Concorde build done by master builder Allyn Meyers. The quality of this build is everything you'd expect. Housed in a custom built KF50 style head shell built by our very own Larry Mann (a.k.a. distortion) in African Bubinga with...
  16. blownirocz

Sold RJM Mastermind PBC - BRAND NEW IN BOX

I have a brand new in the box, never used, RJM Mastermind PBC. Comes with original box, AC adapter, and USB drive with user's manual. I bought it to redo my pedalboard with MIDI capablities, but decided to go with a Fractal FX8 instead (check out my other thread for pedals for sale). If you'd...
  17. blownirocz

Building FX8 rig but want to use regular pedals too

So I just bought an FX8 in hopes of replacing the entire delay/modulation sections of my pedalboard, which will insert into the loop of my HC30. However, I want to keep my Mad Professor Forest Green Compressor, Skreddy LMMD, Timmy, and Prince of Tone in front of the amp. And I would like to...
  18. blownirocz

P90 question...

I've been a Les Paul with humbuckers player for very a long time, and I love 'em. I also have really started to enjoy Tele's recently. Love the clarity. Would it be correct to say that a Les Paul with P90's is somewhere in between them? The oomph of a Les Paul with humbuckers, but with more...
  19. blownirocz

Plexiglass / Acrylic Shields - Should've done it a LONG time ago!

Over the years, I've spent a fair bit of time reading about plexiglass / acrylic shields, and listening to all the pundits pontificate about the technical aspects of why they should NOT be used. Things like comb filtering, perceived phasing issues, improper dispersion, resonance, etc. All...
  20. blownirocz

Carol-Ann Triptik (Cake)

So for my birthday my lovely lady decided to get me another of my current favorite amps...my Triptik 50. No joke guys...this thing has some of the sweetest mids ever. :dude
  21. blownirocz

Something different for y'all -- Raghu Dixit

As some of you may know, I am of partial Indian descent. One of the dudes I really dig in the Indian-Folk genre is Raghu Dixit. I'm a big fan of how he interplays eastern and western melodies into his songs. Not to mention, he has a pretty amazing voice. So for those that haven't heard of...
  22. blownirocz

White Humbuckers and Pickup Rings on Honey Burst?

Hey y'all - I just got a really cool Les Paul Standard Faded in Honey Burst as part of a trade deal. A few years ago, a fellow TGP'er had a Sunburst Les Paul for sale with white humbuckers and pickup rings which I thought looked really cool. So I was contemplating putting "the white" to mine...
  23. blownirocz

P-90 + ef86 = Bad Ass!

Not my primary rig, but last night I was messing around with my LP Studio 50's Tribute into the Dr. Z Rx Jr. and WOW! I had forgotten how amazingly good that combination sounds. Everything from a great big bouncy jazz tone with the neck pickup turned down, to a really really fat tone with the...
  24. blownirocz

Alternatives to Tech 21 Power Engine for w/d rig?

So I run a wet/dry rig, with the wet side through a .44 Magnum and 1x12 cab. I was thinking about simplifying the setup by using a Tech 21 Power Engine but after a bit of research I was hoping for something smaller. The only requirements are that it can house a 12" speaker (I want to use...
  25. blownirocz

Alternative to Tim?

First, this is not a "which is the best boost pedal" thread. I actually really like the Tim, and I utilize both boost sections. I do not however, need the effects loop. I like to keep the most frequently used pedals in the front row of my pedalboard. And since I'm pretty dynamic with the...