• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Search results

1. Cool Hand Luke

Official Thead: RIP EVH Eddie Van Halen

That he did. And Steinbergers were cool. And I think they still are. I just wish that they would bring back the M-Series (at an affordable price).
  2. Cool Hand Luke

Official Thead: RIP EVH Eddie Van Halen

So sorry to hear this :( Eddie was special. Listening to him makes me long for the time when playing the guitar was allowed to be fun and didn't have to be all serious.
  3. Cool Hand Luke

This Should Have Ended Bowie's Career

He didn't seem too happy being photographed there...
  4. Cool Hand Luke

This Should Have Ended Bowie's Career

That and insane amounts of cocaine.
  5. Cool Hand Luke

So...apparently I pi$$ed off the ba$$ player!

More like "grownup revealed". Guitarist and grownup, LOL. I understand if you are surprised that it is possible but I promise you it is.
  6. Cool Hand Luke

So...apparently I pi$$ed off the ba$$ player!

If that's the case and you made him leave in (perceived) anger. Then maybe you should take a look in the mirror! LOL. Says who???
  7. Cool Hand Luke

So I want to quit my day job and be a full-time pro musician....

I think that you are underestimating those Macca bass lines. I am just saying :)
  8. Cool Hand Luke

So I want to quit my day job and be a full-time pro musician....

I would suggest watching the Netflix documentary called 'Hired Gun'. It is about the journeyman professional musicians that have supported a number of big artists. It is a sobering look into a world that might not be as glamorous as it appears on the outside.
  9. Cool Hand Luke

The 90s went downhill when...

...And when Red Hot Chili Peppers put out Aeroplane :facepalm
  10. Cool Hand Luke

Jack White crushed it on SNL

I can't count how many acts I have heard sounding like crap on SNL. Especially vocals often seem off. I think it's a really cramped space and judging from the number of vocalists who sins off key there I think the monitoring is sub par. I am not saying that this is the best stuff Jack White has...
  11. Cool Hand Luke

"Creepy" songs that you love?

Anything by Nick Cave from before The Boatman's Call.
  12. Cool Hand Luke

Soren Andersen anyone?

He has his own band called Electric Guitars as well. Check it on Spotify.
  13. Cool Hand Luke

New Pete Thorn track -check it out

Cool track. I am digging the rockabilly licks in the "verses" as well as the over-the-top soloing :)
  14. Cool Hand Luke

Gary Moore Love Thread

As I have been on a huge Gary Moore binge the past two weeks, I think it is time to ressurect this thread: Song: Out in the fields - I am a sucker for the 80s pop metal styling. And the solo is amazing Album: Corridors Of Power - It keeps shifting, but at the moment this is my favorite Guitar...
  15. Cool Hand Luke

Ambient Guitar listening suggestions

Only Sky by David Torn (@splatt)