• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Search results

1. tweedphan

Which is Your Favorite Joe Walsh Songs from His Solo Albums (Not With The Eagles or James Gang)?

I love so many of his songs and have all his albums. Just to throw another song in the mix - “Things”. Brilliant lyrics.
  2. tweedphan

Carol Ann Amps - Thread XVII

Excellent. Good for you and hopefully good news for us.
  3. tweedphan

I received an email from Alan on 12th August which said he’d just done the US shipping, had some boxed up and would do UK shipping within the week. Nothing received so far - neither UPS tracking number nor speaker.
  4. tweedphan

Who did you see at a small club gig that blew you away?

Rory Gallagher at a small club in Camden Town, London. No real stage, just set up in a corner. At on point he turned his guitar volume completely off. Could still hear him (drummer and bass player obviously weren’t playing at that moment !!). Magical night.
  5. tweedphan

As some of us know to our cost.............
  6. tweedphan

Advice for potentiometer upgrade - 2017 Les Paul R0

As I expected - a great deal of information from knowledgeable people. Thanks to all.
  7. tweedphan

Pot advice for R0 Les Paul

I’ll set them up - you can knock them down..........
  8. tweedphan

Thanks for all your recommendations folks. I’m searching the internet for options. I’ll get the tech I use to solder them in. And I sympathise with CLS !!
  9. tweedphan

Hi folks - seeking advice. I’m looking to upgrade the pots on my 2017 R0 to get a more linear taper. Which are the best ones to buy? I’m based in the UK but am expecting to order from US as supplies here seem to be sold out. Thanks in advance. And hope this is the correct Forum !!
  10. tweedphan

Pot advice for R0 Les Paul

Hi folks - seeking advice. I’m looking to upgrade the pots on my 2017 R0 to get a more linear taper. Which are the best ones to buy? I’m based in the UK but am expecting to order from US as supplies here seem to be sold out. Thanks in advance. And hope this is the correct Forum !!
  11. tweedphan

RIP Peter Green

Very sad day. At least I got to see him at his peak in the UK blues clubs.
  12. tweedphan

I haven't turned on my amps in months....

Played through my Carol Ann 67-18C today for the first time since the beginning of March. Wonderful !! And what a treat after so long.
  13. tweedphan

Likewise
  14. tweedphan

When it comes to Slow Blues, which players do you think kick almighty ASS ?

Another mention for Mick Taylor - Diary of a Band with John Mayall. I love the way he builds his solos on the slow blues tracks, and very lyrical phrasing IMHO.
  15. tweedphan

Sold Clark Gainster pedal

For Sale is my Clark Gainster pedal. According to Michael Clark, it was built in December 2007 and was number 33. It's been in my loft at home for several years and now needs a new home to go to where it's used and loved. It's in very clean condition and has been recently serviced so is working...
  16. IMG_1045

IMG_1045

Clark Gainster Pedal 3
  17. IMG_1048

IMG_1048

Clark Gainster Pedal 2
  18. IMG_1046

IMG_1046

Clark Gainster Pedal 1
  19. tweedphan

Likewise with my 0D3. Brings a smile to my face each time I play through it. Just wish I could play better !! Keep practicing !!
  20. tweedphan

This knocks some of our petty everyday concerns out the window. I wish you well with your daughter.
  21. tweedphan

And it’s this kind of care and attention to electrical engineering detail that makes me a very happy owner of an OD3 and 67C here in the UK.
  22. tweedphan

Peter Green John Mayall Bluesbreakers

I saw Fleetwood Mac a few times as a 4 piece - pre Danny Kirwan. One night Jeremy Spencer was ill and they played as a trio. Magic !! He was also a very soulful singer and a great harmonica player. But boy could he play that Les Paul.
  23. tweedphan

This thread was a much more enjoyable read when everyone was discussing how they enjoyed their amps and which speaker to use.
  24. tweedphan

Photos when completed would be good. Then we can all be consumed with envy.