• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. Standard 64

New Fender American Standard Strat tone controls question

thank you!!somebody I know spoke of you in high regards:bow
  2. Standard 64

New Fender American Standard Strat tone controls question

Does this seem right: neck pickup=middle tone control only neck/middle pickup=BOTH tone controls middle pickup=bottom tone control only middle/bridge pickup=bottom tone control only bridge pickup=bottom tone control only
  3. Standard 64

Strat pickups I describe,you suggest,please

You know I just finished playing my strat with the stock pickups and I just love the way they sound,they are quacky and the bridge handles my my audio crunchbox very well.The noise that is bothering me wasnt bothering as much today,somedays its a little worse.You guys that have true single...
  4. Standard 64

Best Dimarzio pickup locations in my Strat

I see that people put these in their strats differently.Which way would you go and please explain why.Pickups are VV54 Pro,area 67,VV Heavy Blues II.Guitar is a new Fender American standard with maple neck going through a Fender amp with some OD and distortion pedals for cleans,blues and classic...
  5. Standard 64

I've got a line for some used Dimarzios,neck-virtual 54 pro,middle-area 67,bridge-heavy blues II.What do you think?
  6. Standard 64

well if I have it(rw/rp) what good is it?
  7. Standard 64

Thats just it,like my original post said,I want to get as close to the stock original pickups as I can,so you say that a VV heavy blues II which is a alnico II magnet is about equal to the stock hot overwound alnico 5 magnet?Or should I go for the virtual solo?Sounds like one is a hair under...
  8. Standard 64

I was just wondering,the stock bridge pickup is a hotly wound alnico 5.How can the VV heavy blues II produce a stronger louder bridge sound being a alnico 2? Just wondering.Thanks.S64
  9. Standard 64

I was just looking at the dimarzio website and was going to ask about the virtual solo!So far so good.Why the VSolo and the 67's over the 61's?Thanks
  10. Standard 64

any tips? and I have aluminum tape,will that work?
  11. Standard 64

Starting to get annoyed by the hum.I have a new American Fender standard strat.I like the pickups a lot,really,but the buzz in the basement is too much sometimes.What can I get that is similar the same or better than these.I am leaning towards alnico 5's(3 single pickups)I need the "quack" in...
  12. Standard 64

New Fender American standard strat tone controls question

Thats the thing,BOTH tones work in neck and bridge.So I took it back to G center and their tech opened it up and a wire had exposed wire showing and it was touching a pot or something,so he clipped it at the exposed part and resoldered it.Now it works as its supposed to!!They charged Fender for it.
  13. Standard 64

New Fender American standard strat tone controls question

My tone controls both work at the same time on all pickups,is that normal?And the bottom tone control sticks in the "10" position.
  14. Standard 64

Storing Gibson Les paul guitar upside down in its case

I asked a serious question.The more responses the better.Why are you responding and typing and not jamming your guitar.
  15. Standard 64

What I know is what my tech told me.So upside down she stays.
  16. Standard 64

Well I talked to the top tech in the area and they said that storing a guitar upside down is not ideal but wont hurt the instrument.The most important thing when storing a guitar is heat and humidity.
  17. Standard 64

All the weight is on the guitars shoulders(if thats what you call it) and the neck is hanging semi supported by the pressure of the case being closed.Their is lots of space inside the case between the headstock and the top of the case(which now is the bottom).The Gibson case is hard so I dont...
  18. Standard 64

It is face up on an angle and upside down.Like this / .
  19. Standard 64

Do you know what I mean,Instead of sitting up normally with the end pin closest to the ground,turn it upside down.If the shoulders are resting and supported by the inside of the case why would it be bad?