• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. Standard 64

Should I sell my last (GREAT) humbucker guitar and go all single coils?

keep it and forget about it,do not sell it
  2. Standard 64

Suggestions to Reduce Noisy P90's?

I also have a very noisy basement and couldnt stand the buzz of my single coils on my strat so I bought Dimarzio noiseless and their very quiet.Then I bought a Jaguar and put Lollar p90s into it and now Im back to the hum and buzz but Im getting the hang of it using the volume and tone controls...
  3. Standard 64

Am I mad???Spending more on parts and labor than a Chinese guitars total worth

Update,Got the guitar back and they did not recomend swapping out the stock 500K pots,they said they were good.So they swapped out the pickups with the lollar standard wind P90's,swapped out the tuners with the locking tuners I bought from stewart macdonald which were a direct replacement,no...
  4. Standard 64

You said it "very decent" which is much better than just decent.And "very decent"with premium aftermarket upgrades is even better!! If somebody can whale on a very decent guitar(with premium upgrades) isnt that the point
  5. Standard 64

Thats why I'm hoping of all the Lollar P90's,I chose the standard winding,nothing fancy like the 50's wiring or the over or under wounds will do put it into the shop today,hoping for the best
  6. Standard 64

A bit extreme,but taking the gamble.I am saving all the original parts to go back to stock form if need be.....
  7. Standard 64

Thats why I mentioned in my opening post the good qualities of the guitar first.As for deficiencies,firstly,on all my guitars I put locking tuners,for me its a must,Stew Mac says their vintage locking tuners are a drop in replacement.2nd,I wasnt happy with the stock pickups,so Lollar seems to be...
  8. Standard 64

agreed prolly not,or close to it,but not with my personal touch to it well pickups 220, tuners 70,electronics 50,so material is 340 and Im not into soldering pots,intonation,etc... it is a very cool guitar,not your run of the mill
  9. Standard 64

Wow,you guys are really having some EXCELLENT replies!!!!!!THX!!!!
  10. Standard 64

Not that I really care what some of you high fallootin(?)cork sniffers think,ha!! I picked up a Fender modern player Jaguar,crafted(not made)in China.The neck is a good comfortable shape to play and the rosewood fingerboard and frets are decent enough,and a synthetic bone nut .The body is all...
  11. Standard 64

Fender USA Standard vs American Vintage RI

my newer american standard strat has the best playing comfortable neck and the most sweet tone you ever heard played unplugged(translation:pplug in and your in for a treat)
  12. Standard 64

White strat owners...

+1,white on white is best,Jimi style
  13. Standard 64

Will $1000 get me a Les Paul?

Used studios all day long,which are killer guitars,just no binding and probably the 490/498 pickups(yuk)
  14. Standard 64

2011 Fender American Standard Strat

I have a 2011.Pickups are great but very noisy at my house,swapped them out for dimarzio noiseless which killed the noise and didnt sacrafice too much tone as I can tell so far,still in the honeymoon phase with them.Swapped out the tuners for Fender locking tuners which were exact...
  15. Standard 64

If thin skin and all that nitro breathing bs is true

cuz they have been doin it forever.....:rotflmao
  16. Standard 64

Why I role my eyes everytime I hear people praise Squire classic vibe.

I originally set out to buy one until I seen one in person,and their is just something about them that doesnt make them seem authentic to me.From memory I cant tell you exactly,but from the overall picture I can remember saying to myself "this sure does look cheap"which money wise,it is.And...
  17. Standard 64

Why I role my eyes everytime I hear people praise Squire classic vibe.

I cant get over the way they look like toys,if you can get over that part of it then the CV is worth playing.
  18. Standard 64

Yngwie's 25K Goldtop Les Paul.

I think you just put that Patrick guy into a coma:rotflmaoI agree its not his stuff hes talking about and he should relax.
  19. Standard 64

Strat Players

dont guys that use p90 pickups complain about hum?
  20. Standard 64

Classic Vibe Tele feedback

look and try the cv before you buy,you get what you pay for
  21. Standard 64

what are your thoughts on the post 2008 strat?

new ones suck,I think they might of sold maybe 2 of em