I have use an old mac 12" power book. 1.5 gig ram.
Here is my simple set up:
1) Presonus Firestudio (the 8 input one)
2) Senhiser, Sure, and Audix mics for guitar
3) Sterling Audio, Sure mics for vocals
4) FMR RNC for compression
It works great, I can usually record a...
What are some options for adding drums to you songs if you aren't a drummer?
I currently use GarageBand but am thinking about moving to Logic.
Just curious what you guys are doing as solo artists.
The number of real instrument tracks is limited to 8 in GB. Logic allows more than that. In your situation this might not be a problem because you are using virtual instruments.
As I understand it, Logic offers a greater degree of fine tuning. You can always start out with GB and then move...
Couple of quick questions:
1) How are you kicking it out?
2) When you do your final mix down, how are you handling it. I think when people first start recording, they tend to monitor really hot and make the mistake of lowering track volumes. If you do this then you will potentially lower the...
I think in the preferences you can disable the snap to grid option. Also, if you adjust the "Scale Slider" (the slider below the master track) you can effectively adjust the scale of the tracks. This will allow you to change the scale to a more manageable size so you can make finer...
1) I use it with my Firestudio and it works great.
2) Yes, you would need two comps if you wanted to 2 independent controls.
It is a great comp and I wouldn't hesitate having 2 if I needed independent controls.
Thanks again guys! I was looking at the FMR stuff, and it looks like a really good value. I have an old Berhinger Autocom that I will use for now (along with my Para Driver). Once I have better feel of what I need, I will dial it in.