• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. theHoss

Show us your studio

If that is the case, you should record an album tonight. You obviously have the construction skills. Seriously though, great job man. I am sure you are going to enjoy that space.
  2. theHoss

Show us your studio

Great space swamp! Gald to see the finishing touches on it. Can't wait to hear what you record in there!
  3. theHoss

Show us your studio

Beautiful, do they use the Bose sound systems for monitoring or just hashing out ideas. Looks like a very inspiring place.
  4. theHoss

Who uses garageband? and recording gear

Garagebander here. I have use an old mac 12" power book. 1.5 gig ram. Here is my simple set up: 1) Presonus Firestudio (the 8 input one) 2) Senhiser, Sure, and Audix mics for guitar 3) Sterling Audio, Sure mics for vocals 4) FMR RNC for compression It works great, I can usually record a...
  5. theHoss

Recording Drums for non-drummers

Howdy, What are some options for adding drums to you songs if you aren't a drummer? I currently use GarageBand but am thinking about moving to Logic. Just curious what you guys are doing as solo artists.
  6. theHoss

What are Garageband's limitations compared to Logic Express?

Yeah I looked into that, but my old 12" Mac Book doesn't meet the minimum reqs.
  7. theHoss

Thanks for the info on this, just another reason to get a new mac. As if I don't have a good case of MAS already.
  8. theHoss

The number of real instrument tracks is limited to 8 in GB. Logic allows more than that. In your situation this might not be a problem because you are using virtual instruments. As I understand it, Logic offers a greater degree of fine tuning. You can always start out with GB and then move...
  9. theHoss

Garageband Gurus... delay?

Couple of quick questions: 1) How are you kicking it out? 2) When you do your final mix down, how are you handling it. I think when people first start recording, they tend to monitor really hot and make the mistake of lowering track volumes. If you do this then you will potentially lower the...
  10. theHoss

In theory it should. Let us know how it works out.
  11. theHoss

I think in the preferences you can disable the snap to grid option. Also, if you adjust the "Scale Slider" (the slider below the master track) you can effectively adjust the scale of the tracks. This will allow you to change the scale to a more manageable size so you can make finer...
  12. theHoss

RNC Questions

1) I use it with my Firestudio and it works great. 2) Yes, you would need two comps if you wanted to 2 independent controls. It is a great comp and I wouldn't hesitate having 2 if I needed independent controls.
  13. theHoss

I just got a Macbook.....

Yeah, it should be good. I had the FastTrack USB and I thought it worked pretty darn good. Very easy to use and convenient.
  14. theHoss

I just got a Macbook.....

Jimmy, Congrats, you are really going to enjoy it. Garage Band is really powerful. Feel free to PM me any questions. I use it quite a bit. Good luck man!
  15. theHoss

MacBook + Firebox?

I use the exact same setup except I use a firestudio. You are right, it almost too easy. It really is amazing what you can do with a decent interface and garageband. Good luck man!!
  16. theHoss

Home Recording How-To DVD?

Cool! Is it just protools you deal with, or do you have a general type DVD? Thanks man!
  17. theHoss

Home Recording How-To DVD?

Howdy, I thought I have seen a member here that has produced an home recording how-to dvd. Does anyone have the link? Thanks!
  18. theHoss

Recording interfaces - where to start?

My mac has 512. And I record lead over backing tracks all the time. That seem odd.
  19. theHoss

Recording interfaces - where to start?

Hmm, that is odd. Mine works great (I use a Mac) but I don't think that should make any difference? At least you got it used.
  20. theHoss

What am I looking for?

What about something like this? http://www.alesis.com/product.php?id=94 Not too bad of a price at $399.00
  21. theHoss

Proposed Studio (please critique)

Lets say I am using outboard FX, can I still record the track raw, then add the fx from an outboard unit on mix down (either with Logic, Cuebase, etc..) Thanks again!
  22. theHoss

Thanks again guys! I was looking at the FMR stuff, and it looks like a really good value. I have an old Berhinger Autocom that I will use for now (along with my Para Driver). Once I have better feel of what I need, I will dial it in.
  23. theHoss

Thanks VAL, that makes a lot of sense.
  24. theHoss

Recording questions using Garageband

I have never used one, but it looks like it should work just fine.