• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. pipedwho

MI Audio Cross Over Drive: pure tonal awesomeness

I've had the MI Audio/Effects Crossover Drive V2 for a couple of years and it makes me smile every time I use it. I have most of the other MI Effects pedals, but this one is outstanding. No matter what other drives and distortions end up on my board, this one is always there. It does low gain...
  2. pipedwho

Tone is in the mind...

The gear sets the tone, the fingers try to make it match the tone heard in the mind's ear. Followed by more gear purchases, and more finger adjustments trying to hone in on something that may only ever be fleeting achievable. This ideal of tone is almost always from something we've heard in a...
  3. pipedwho

Mesa Mark V:25 Crunch Mode sounds like...

I was feeling lazy the other day and said fugg it and only took my guitar, cables, Mark V:25 head and an ultra light ported 1x12 pine cab to practice. Plugged them in and locked it on the Channel 1 Crunch mode. Pickup selector locked on bridge humbucker (a Tom Anderson H2+). Picking dynamics and...
  4. pipedwho

Charles Cilia Halo

Charles Cilia (in Sydney, Australia) does some fantastic work. I've had this solid body Halo for a while now, and it's an outstanding guitar both tonally and in workmanship. The pickups are Charles' own design, a Trinity in the neck and Trinity+ in the bridge. They are low to medium output...
  5. pipedwho

Vfe Dragon With Lpf/hpf

I've just received my VFE Dragon (from the Kickstarter they ran last year). There were a couple of other pedals, the Pinball and Standout that looked interesting too, but I thought I'd get the Dragon as I've always heard good things about the VFE overdrive and distortion pedals. This one is...
  6. pipedwho

Ported 1x12 w/ Celestion Century G12 Neo

Just thought I'd chime in regarding the tone of my latest super light cab. It's a pine 1x12 ported enclosure from TRM cabinets that I loaded with a Celestion Century G12 Neo speaker. This speaker is not the 60W Century Vintage, but the 80W original non-'Vintage' version, and sounds more like a...
  7. pipedwho

Noiseless single coil comparison thread

I'd love to see a side by side comparison of the major 'noiseless single coil' pickup brands. And by someone who understands what the processed 'highs' take away in tone as compared to a true single coil. All graded by how close they 'sparkle/chime' as compared to a set of real single coil...