• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. Cool Hand Luke

BOSS GT-1000CORE - "GT-1000 stomp" from Boss

It is kind of funny to read this thread. So many people like the original cab (myself included as I basically only use those on my GT-1000) but when the GT-1000 came out there were so many people complaining how bad it sounded and how useless the original cabs were. Now everybody loves them.
  2. Cool Hand Luke

Strange. I don't associate the dimension chorus with neither comb filtering nor low end cut. It may boost mids a bit nowhere near what a Boss CS-2 does. Maybe they cloned one that was broken? :p I must admit I only have the cheap Behringer knockoff but it is still a very good chorus and it is...
  3. Cool Hand Luke

Are you completely up to date with the latest firmware? I seem to recall that a bug resembling what you describe there was fixed a couple of minor versions ago on the GT-1000.
  4. Cool Hand Luke

What's your current fav amp model?

Boss GT-1000: Natural Clean.
  5. Cool Hand Luke

Is any of the dry sound mixed in at the cab block? Or are you clipping the output? Are you sure it's the correct output you have configured for recording?
  6. Cool Hand Luke

I'm not a Boss rep. Just a happy user that picked (and love) the GT-1000 for some specific usability reasons. And I keep finding new ways to make it work for me. I did report the stompbox save problem to the local (Danish) Boss rep and explained the problem well enough for him to reproduce the...
  7. Cool Hand Luke

WTF, you're right! Sorry man :O
  8. Cool Hand Luke

Scroll to the bottom of the page, check the box and click the button => One download in progress.
  9. Cool Hand Luke

You can download the driver from here: https://www.boss.info/au/support/by_product/gt-1000/updates_drivers/3c7abee3-92fb-42ff-a3dc-de921b53c855/
  10. Cool Hand Luke

Yes, the GT is really flexible like that. I am currently aiming to do things a little differently as I am trying to create scenes. A couple of days ago I cooked up a patch doing this (note that I have the GT-1000 and therefor more pedals to play with): Pedal 1: Clean sound Pedal 2: Clean sound...
  11. Cool Hand Luke

I think the current implementation makes sense. If you could assign CCs to physical pedals on a screen like the one in the screenshot it would mean that you would only be able to midi control stuff that's assigned to a pedal - or if you wanted to keep the current assigns w/ midi as well it would...
  12. Cool Hand Luke

But you can. Just use one of the loops. Or get the GT-1000 or the Mooer.
  13. Cool Hand Luke

Btw, if we're talking about the GT here then you can indeed change the order of the effect loops.
  14. Cool Hand Luke

Yes, you will sacrifice a loop for that. If you want to do that without losing a loop it's the GT-1000 you should be looking at. Every output mode except for Line/Phones and Recording will disable the cab sim and apply some filtering to accommodate what you're connecting to. Line/Phones...
  15. Cool Hand Luke

New BOSS GT-1000 Guitar Effects Processor

So you want to send your signal both to an amp and to FOH at the same time? Instead of just looking at just the IR I would also look at the amp model. Are you using the amp models (maybe with the output modes) on the signal that goes into the front of the amp? I have been doing that and while...
  16. Cool Hand Luke

GT-1000Core Recto - King's X

It was the L5 amp that had the comb filter. And yes @aliensporebomb, it would be able to do that in the GT-1000/GT-CORE as well. Not sure about the SY-1000 but I would assume it would support the same assigns and also have the flanger effect :) Would it sound the same? Who knows...
  17. Cool Hand Luke

GT-1000Core Recto - King's X

Nice sounds and nice playing. I have also been rejecting most of the classic amp models out of the feeling that they just didn't sound good. Yesterday I played around with the BG Combo and I wasn't getting anything useful. Then I started twisting the Resonance knob and got very surprised at how...
  18. Cool Hand Luke

Just a follow up: I have been working with a local Roland representative. He suggested a Factory Reset which didn't solve the issue so don't bother trying that. He has been able to reproduce the problem and will be forwarding the bug report to Roland/Boss, I believe. You CAN use the editor...
  19. Cool Hand Luke

Using that method I could even get good results with my old GT5 . I didn't use the amp modeling, though, as that absolutely sucked.
  20. Cool Hand Luke

It was actually also a bug in 3.11. I just discovered that I hadn't updated to the latest firmware and hoped that updating to 3.13 would solve the issue and vindicate the Boss/Roland support answer a bit. But I was very dissapointed to see that it was not one of the unspecified minor bugs that...
  21. Cool Hand Luke

That is so clever. Simple but clever.
  22. Cool Hand Luke

As @Bill Ruppert said, all the top tier units are capable of equally great tones and. I think you should look into the feature sets of each unit plus the UI and your use cases. That was what I did when I bought the GT-1000 1½ years ago. I bought the GT-1000 because of the stompbox feature as...
  23. Cool Hand Luke

Have you tried changing the assign between toggle and moment?
  24. Cool Hand Luke

Does the gain switch change anything in the model? I thought it just changed the range of the gain knob, to be honest. But if not, then I am going to do some more experimenting :)
  25. Cool Hand Luke

Anyone heard of this yet?

So you need an iPhone or Android device to use this if you want to edit anything? No thanks. What happens when the company goes out of business and no longer maintains the app which is left unable to run sometime in future once the OS on either platform has received a few major updates? I'll...