• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. schristie

Tell me your favorite Friedman Profile for Kemper....

And why. looking for some details on which profiles you like, and why you like ‘em. look forward to hearing from you!
  2. schristie

the tele pickguard conspiracy

Not gonna chime in on the possibility of tonal differences but I guess in isolation it’s Possible there is a difference. My comment is: Aren’t traditional Tele neck pups already direct body mounted? I know mine are.
  3. schristie

Where to buy repro tele top-load bridge?

I’ve made my own as well. Purchased the stock Fender vintage bridge and drilled out the holes. Works great.
  4. schristie

Where to buy repro tele top-load bridge?

Glendale has a couple options if you want vintage spec. Pricey but their stuff is really good. https://glendaleguitars.com/plates/
  5. schristie

1 5/8 12” Radius Pre-Slotted Curved Bottom Fender Nut??

1 5/8 12” Radius Pre-Slotted Curved Bottom Fender Nut. does such a creature exist in the wild? I’ve been Googling for a while and I’m not finding this combo of features. purchase an All Parts neck for a project and I was hoping to finding a pre-cut nut.
  6. schristie

1 5/8 12” Radius Pre-Slotted Curved Bottom Fender Nut

1 5/8 12” Radius Pre-Slotted Curved Bottom Fender Nut. does such a creature exist in the wild? I’ve been Googling for a while and I’m not finding this combo of features. purchase an All Parts neck for a project and I was hoping to finding a pre-cut nut.
  7. schristie

Would You “Sell Out”?

Sell out for sure...but who’s buyin’?
  8. schristie

New Signature Model

Yes, yes...a thousand times yes!
  9. schristie

York Audio Impulse Response Library

Just gave the MARSH M20 pack a try and first impression is they are fantastic. Using with a Kemper and I agree with other posts commenting on the fact that these IR's should really great as-is. Typically i find I'm still doing some post eq/cuts. I'm really happy with the purchase, will likely...
  10. schristie

Your favorite guitarist by type

Strat- Jeff Beck Les Paul - Jimmy Page / Billy Gibbons Tele - Roy Buchanan / Pete Anderson Les Paul Jr - Charlie Starr SG - Angus Young Super Strat - EVH / George Lynch Flying V - Albert King 335 - Freddie King / Rusty Anderson Explorer - Matthias Jabs Firebird - Scott Holiday PRS - David Grissom
  11. schristie

Sold Analogman Prince Of Tone & Skreddy Hybrid Overdrive

Great shape, both have dual lock neatly applied. Killer pedals that live up to the hype. Pricing below Reverb/eBay comps to sell. $150 net PP’d and shipped for either pedal. need to sell so no trades, thx!
  12. schristie

Sold Price Drop Cb Belle Epoch

Both very clean. Dual Lock applied. DD-500 - comes with box, $200 net PP’d shipped conus. SOLD Belle Epoch - cannot find the box, $135 net PP’d shipped conus. SOLD Need to sell, sorry no trades.
  13. schristie

Jimmy Page's Marshall amps live set up question

don’t under estimate the power of the black & white loafers. Dragon pants are for sure a huge part but the loafers completed the sonic connection between Page, the stage & his amps.
  14. schristie

Sold MojoTone ‘56 Quiet Coil P90 soapbar set

No affiliation just my two cents... I just put a dog ear version in a new Les Paul Jr. The output is similar to a stock P90 at roughly 8.3-8.4k. Tone was very close if not a touch more upper mid push. DEAD quiet. GLWTS!
  15. schristie

I Don't Need a LP Junior

I fought it for years....now that I have a single pup junior I’m mad it took me so long to pull the trigger. Something magical about the simplicity.
  16. schristie

Recommend me 1 guitar, 1 pedal and 1 amp

Kramer Baretta Roland Jazz Chorus Z-Vex Seek Wah I assume your new project is an avant-garde shred jazz band.
  17. schristie

MJT color question..

Another vote for Gold
  18. schristie

DCW Pedals - Halloween TGP Giveaway! WINNER In Post #200

Very cool idea and VERY Generous! ODR-MOD Snickers Thank you!
  19. schristie

NPCD - Warmoth Roasted Maple / Roasted Ash Tele - Whitewash(ish) finish

Fantastic looking guitar! I found using a .022 or .015 tone cap and rolling it off to taste helped an ash/maple Tele I owned. Looks great so I hope you’re able to get the tones out of it that suit your playing.
  20. schristie

Tele Control Plate with the Switch in the Middle?

+1 for a 3 way toggle
  21. schristie

Lust For Tone Custard-Pies Tribute Humbuckers

Nice sounding pups and a well done demo!
  22. schristie

Why rock stars rarely play boutique guitars (at least in concert)?

Easier doesn’t necessarily mean easy. I would venture that in any major metro area there are more base through custom shop LP’s, Teles & Strats. Law of averages says one could find a suitable replacement much easier than a high end boutiqe item like a Huber, Knaggs, etc. If I were touring I’d...
  23. schristie

Why rock stars rarely play boutique guitars (at least in concert)?

Prob said before: 1. Endorsements 2. Availability on the road if lost, damaged, stolen, etc. 3. Easier to get loaner/rental if doing one off or fly dates.