• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. Onemoorescott

Your top 3 epic songs (over 8 minutes)?

The Mighty Rio Grande - This Will Destroy You Milano - Sigur Ros First Wave Intact - Secret Machines
  2. Onemoorescott

Flatwounds on guitar?

A luthier recommended flats to me to get that "classic 12-string jangle" and that it seems counter-intuitive. He was right, it does seem counter-intuitive but they sound great on my Rick 330/12.
  3. Onemoorescott

What pedal do you wish existed?

Valhalla Shimmer reverb in a pedal.
  4. Onemoorescott

Possibly the worst blunder ever made?

you fell victim to one of the classic blunders....
  5. Onemoorescott

Seraphim vs WET vs mono vs stereo question

I have the mono version. It's a great pedal I use the shimmer about haft the time it's on. I use it for big, washy reverbs most of the time but I used it on acoustic guitar this weekend and it was really nice. With that said, I wish I had spent the extra money and bought the stereo version...
  6. Onemoorescott

Mr. Black Eterna Trails

I ran into similar issues with my EQD Dispatch Master. I loved the sound but I wanted trails. I bought one of these: http://this1smyne.com/shop/mtb-mini-true-bypass-box/ and chose the "Standard MTB with trails and toggle" option. It solved the problem. I know others have had issues with...
  7. Onemoorescott

EHX Micro POG vs Mooer Tender Octaver **w/ VIDEO Shootout**

I received mine today. I paid $43.24 after 10% coupon and shipping from Tomtop http://www.tomtop.com/mooer-tender-octaver-electric-guitar-micro-precise-octave-effect-pedal-true-bypass-i1477.html It took 18 days to get it. If you're not in a hurry it's a pretty good deal.
  8. Onemoorescott

Neunaber WET Reverb VST?

I agree with the Valhalla recommendations. Both the Shimmer and the Vintage Verb are really good. I would love to have the Valhalla Shimmer in pedal format.
  9. Onemoorescott

budget Ableton live pedal?

I've used the behringer. It's totally usable after you program it to work with Ableton. A little clunky but it will work. I ended up getting a Looptimus. looptimus.com It works straight out of the box but it's not cheap at $299. How are you planning on using the controller?
  10. Onemoorescott

new 1 Spot Pro details (with pics) UPDATE: Prices included

I've had the CS7 about a week and a half. All of the outlets are working fine and like Fndrbndr I am also using with a right-angle power cord and it fits nice and snug. I followed this thread as it developed as I was looking for a new power supply and it seemed like it would suit me and my...
  11. Onemoorescott

Neunaber Seraphim

I've had the seraphim for around 10 months now and I use it after delay (timeline). Both the shimmer and wet reverb sound great. I agree with the others that you should get the stereo version. I got the mono version and I will eventually sell it to get the stereo version.
  12. Onemoorescott

Poll: Best Reverb for a Fatter Tone

Dispatch Master with the delay off works well for me. When the delay is off (time knob at zero), repeats knob changes the reverb's character and can thicken the tone a bit.
  13. Onemoorescott

Perfect Board for Electric AND Acoustic

I mostly play electric but have been playing enough acoustic to set my board up to handle both. Signal chain goes like this: Tuner > compressor > volume pedal > boss ls-2 (to split signal) acoustic to Baggs para DI to sound board, electric goes to OD > delay > verb > amp. This has...
  14. Onemoorescott

What shimmer reverb are you using? (discussion questions inside)

I use a similar set up. Timeline on Ice mode, octave up, into a Dispatch Master. I had a BlueSky but I traded it +cash to get the Timeline.
  15. Onemoorescott

Crowther Hotcake

I've tried two different versions of the Hotcake. An older pre-bluesberry version and the current version with the internal switch. I noticed the sputtery decay with both. After the repeated recommendations of this pedal for use with an AC30 I was really hoping it would work out for me but I...
  16. Onemoorescott

P&W dudes - How many gain stages u got?

One OD and a boost (or OD set up to boost) into clean amp. Not really looking to "nail" the tones of other people's songs we play. Just trying to get some good sounds and trying to capture the vibe of the songs.
  17. Onemoorescott

EQD Dispatch Master users

When my signal is at its hottest, OD and boost on, it will clip. I've gotten used to it so I try not to hit it too hard. If you can work around it, it's a great sounding pedal.
  18. Onemoorescott

What, if anything, has kicked your Timmy off your board?

Barber LTDsr replaced Hotcake that replaced Timmy that replaced Barber LTDsr For now.
  19. Onemoorescott

Soul Food: buffered or TB?

TB Already have some buffered pedals on my board. I didn't hear any difference one way or the other. I'm using it as an OD. Volume 12:00, Drive 11:00, Treble 10:00
  20. Onemoorescott

tell me about the egnater rebel 30

I've used the head version into the Red Fang in my ac30. I don't like the dirty channel but I will agree with the others that the clean channel sounds good and takes pedals well. I like it with both sets of power tubes mixed equally. With just the el84s it has some voxy qualities but it's...
  21. Onemoorescott

Worship guitarists: suggestions for ideal church amp?

I bought an Egnater Rebel 30 for my church. Has 6v6 and el84 tubes which can be used separately or blended. Speaker sim out. Sounds good. I prefer my AC30 but I would have no problems using the Rebel if that was my only choice.
  22. Onemoorescott

Seymour Duncan Vapor Trail

that's the same thing I was thinking
  23. Onemoorescott

Walrus Audio Descent (Reverb!) Speculation Thread.

According to Premier Guitar "Walrus Audio's new Descent reverb goes from lush, dreamy soundscapes to twisted and trippy. Modes include hall, reverse, and shimmer, and -1 and +1 knobs add low and high octaves to the reverberations. There are three available presets, plus manual mode. Jacks...