• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. iggs

Gibson Sues Dean Guitars Over Alleged Trademark Infringement

I guess it's a lot easier suing competition then making better products ... :dunno
  2. iggs

SQOTD: Mastery Bridge Tuning

Thanks for the quick reply!
  3. iggs

SQOTD: Mastery Bridge Tuning

Stupid questions of the day ... I never played a "J" style guitar, just wondering if the Mastery Tremolo bridge allows for drop tuning 6th string without having to retune the whole guitar or does it work like a regular floating trem? Thx!
  4. iggs

How many of you still own your first guitar

Yup ... Ibanez RG-550, it's not functional and would need some serious work but I still have it.
  5. iggs

Why have two strats?

6. iggs

Played a Gibson LP Traditional ... surprised how bad

LOL ... yeah I know ... fail ... :rotflmao Was just a walk-in, didn't really plan on trying the amp, just figured I'll give it a quick once over since I was already downtown.
  7. iggs

Dang it ... busted ... you're right, it was all my feeble attempt at a troll ... serves me right for posting anything but a glowing, gushing review on a guitar forum ... :facepalm
  8. iggs

PS ... if anyone from T.O is reading this and wishes to check it out for themselves, just go to Steve's, the guitar is in the soundproof amp room, hanging right at the storefront. It's the burst traditional (only one there I believe)
  9. iggs

Not that I need to (or should) justify myself for starting the thread but here it goes anyway ... - couldn't care less to "bash" on Gibson or any other brand for that matter, I don't hang out much in the guitar forum and didn't realize there were already so many threads on Gibson quality...
  10. iggs

LOL ... well not really. Most of the guitars I played and owned so far were off the shelf, Ernie Ball, PRS, Fender, Godin ... etc. Grosh is definitely the exception. I do however consider $2700 to be in the "higher priced" category and definitely expect a certain, higher level of...
  11. iggs

Corian is technically a "plastic" material ... ;) EDIT: Just looked it up and seems like they use TekToid graphite on 2014 models ... looked like plastic to me, apologies for misinformation ... still does not change the fact it was not finished properly and nut slots were pinching the strings...
  12. iggs

Yeah for sure ... and I wasn't comparing the two at all ... especially since the LP was pretty much unplayable as-is since I couldn't even get it in tune. Maybe after a full setup including redoing the nut, nut slots, fret re-finish and proper intonation it would play better.
  13. iggs

LOL ... yeah I guess ... I actually never played one of the newer ones, only some older ones in the studio and that some of my friends have and they were all great.
  14. iggs

Strolled into Steve's here in Toronto on the weekend looking to check out Mesa Mark V, been on a 1x12 combo hunt lately and since I have my Grosh '59 spec set neck at home, figured I'll grab something "similar" with 2 HB's, mahogany/maple, set neck ... etc. So the sales guy hands me the $2700...
  15. iggs

If your main guitar is not Fender or Gibson come vote!

After trying my first Grosh a few years ago, that's all I play now ... just don't seem to like anything else.
  16. iggs

Looking to beef up my Strat tone

DiMarzio's are great ... I have the new Injector in the bridge and it's awesome, plenty of ooomph for sure! Area 58 in the neck is a great choice for some old school strat tones or you can just match the bridge Injector with a neck one.
  17. iggs

Taylor or Larivee around $1500

Yeah ... I'm in a tough spot trying to decide on the acoustic ... I'm strictly an electric guitar player and I play acoustic whenever I have to but I never really owned an acoustic guitar before. I always used to borrow or play someone else's. What I'm looking for is: - acoustic/electric (I...
  18. iggs

What are some specific "features" you liked more? Thanks.
  19. iggs

Hey all, looking into getting an acoustic/electric at around $1500 and two guitars that I like are Taylor 314CE and Larivee D-03. Leaning towards Taylor as I like the neck more but Larivee looks, sounds and feels just as good. Any comments or advice is most appreciated. Thanks!
  20. iggs

Fender Strat - Eric Johnson Sig. Neck Thickness

Yeah ... I played some in the store and they felt different too ... :dunno
  21. iggs

Fender Strat - Eric Johnson Sig. Neck Thickness

Anyone got the specs for 1st and 12th fret thickness? THANKS!
  22. iggs

DiMarzio Chopper vs. Pro Track vs. Duncan Hot Rails

I tried my friends guitar with a Pro Track in it yesterday and it sounded a bit dull with my setup so I definitely need something with more highs as I will use it for clean as well. I had a full sized Duncan JB in my old strat that I really liked ... does anyone know if JB jr. sounds like the...
  23. iggs

DiMarzio Chopper vs. Pro Track vs. Duncan Hot Rails

Hey all, looking for a bridge, single coil sized humbucker with moderate output to fatten up my Grosh Strat. Right now I have Area 61 in there but looking for more output and crunch. I don't need anything over the top and would like to maintain a nice balance of highs/mids/lows, playing this...
  24. iggs

Show us your black Strat

Not a "Fender" Strat ... but a black "Strat" none the less ...
  25. iggs

Ibanez RG550 Floyd Rose parts???

The intonation screw holes are stripped to the point where the screws are just spinning and not catching at all so I guess the whole block needs replacing. Seems like Ibanezrules has what I need so I'll contact them. Thanks all!