• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. T

Neck Snap! Travel Insurance Claim Help

Hey- hopefully someone here can help me navigate this situation... I recently went on a tour in SE Asia, and upon arriving home (after 6 other flights), I found my Gretsch G6129T (Sparkle Jet)'s headstock had nearly snapped off-- classic Gibson style. Thankfully, I bought travel insurance, so...
  2. T

Upgrading Electronics in Gretsch Sparkle Jet help

Hey all- I was hoping to get some help with possibly rewiring my Sparkle Jet. In particular, the master volume, but as with anything it's probably not as simple as swapping out a pot... Basically, I've noticed that the volume taper on the master volume (that I use all of the time) has 1)...
  3. T

Just grabbed an original Blues Breaker :)

I know a lot of guys love the clones and variants, but what's the consensus on the original? What can I expect? I didn't get a chance to really run it through the paces at the shop, but I figured it's become a classic, and for $100, why not? :P It came with the original box and papers I...
  4. T

OCD v1.2/3 "Clones"... Does anyone make one?

I was just thinking how ridiculous it is that I've been monitoring the emporium for an OCD V2 or V3 when it's a pedal so desired yet no one makes it anymore... The V4 is vastly different (to my and many others' ears), so doesn't another company pick up the schematic and start producing what...
  5. T

Nigel Hendroff Scarlett Love Overdrive

Just saw this the other day, looks like a sick pedal-- great tones from slight grit to full out overdrive. I know there are a few P&W guys that will dig this, but I imagine it'll make its way onto everyone else's board as well... I heard it in the shop the other day, and I must say, it's...
  6. T

TMG Guitars Launched

Hey all, just saw the new TMG website launched. I live right down the street, so I've been following it a little, but I imagine they haven't quite gotten their name everywhere yet-- check it out. Their work is pretty impressive- a lot of Aussie session guys and big names (Jimmy Barnes, Phil...
  7. T

Nigel Hendroff Signature being released soon!

Don't know if anyone was at the Cornerstone tour, but Nigel was rocking a new signature guitar that's made by a new company in Australia called TMG... It's a sick guitar- La Cabronita tele aged.. Sweet pics on his Instagram and twitter. I know worship isn't for anyone, but it looks pretty...
  8. T

Are JHS Pedals Inherently Loud?

Crackle, buzz, loud hum depending on the direction I'm running first (MG side -> TS, vice versa)... The title just about says it all, but for backstory: I bought a Double Barrel recently (low-med gain dual pedal). I run my board off of two OneSpots-- one for the digital delays, etc. and one...
  9. T

Considering an M9...

Alright.. I'm considering something somewhat drastic, and I thought I'd get TGP advice. Right now I'm running a TF and Space that, when I have the time to set it up, will have them controlled them by MIDI... that said, I'm considering getting an M9, put it in latch mode and run it with...
  10. T

Timefactor/Space MIDI Question

I have a Timefactor and Space, but when I'm playing live it's a lot of tap dancing to change presets on both. I was wondering if I could link them via MIDI or USB so that when a preset is activated on one it activates a corresponding preset on the other. For instance: If I activate my basic...
  11. T

Having issues with my Timefactor...

Hey all, I thought I'd consult the wisdom of TGP on this one: My Timefactor has served me well for a good four years now, but just recently I've discovered that it has the nasty habit of powering on and off repeatedly if the power cable is messed with... I'm not the best with a soldering iron...
  12. T

NPD!!! (Strymon content)

Hey, I don't post as much anymore, and this pedal has been discussed at length, but... I just got a strymon brigadier. :love: I love my Timefactor to give it up for a timeline, but then again, I don't like the analogue mode on it.. Not rich enough. So the brig is a beast of a complimentary delay...
  13. T

Taking a guitar rig overseas...

Hey, I was wondering of any of you guys could offer any advice on taking my guitar rig to Australia with me when I move there in January. I know it's not going to be cheap, but buying new over there would be laborious and probably more expensive in the long run. Any help with airlines vs...
  14. T

US PP2+ in Australia

Hey, can anyone help me out? I'm going to be moving to Australia for a year or so for a school for music, and I'll need my board and rig... I have a PP2+ and don't really want to buy an Australian one because they're really expensive... Anyone know of a particular step down transformer that...
  15. T

Alternative to Boss AB-2?

I'm looking for a passive A/B pedal, but nothing I can find has just one button to switch from *just* A to *just* B. They all make it so that A & B can be active at the same time. I won't use both at the same time so I want to avoid having more tap-dancing going on-- the fewer the options the...
  16. T

/13 vs Matchless- other?

Looking at getting a new amp and the /13 CCC 9/15 and Matchless Chieftain are the two on my radar. I'm also considering a Marshall 1974X. I play a variety of things, but mostly worship music, alternative rock, and progressive- basically blend Counting crows, U2, with some SRV/John Mayer blues. I...
  17. T

PP2+ and step-down voltage converter question

Hey all, I was wondering if any of you had any suggestions for a compact voltage converter for the PP2+. I'm going to Australia for a couple years (HILC, college), and I need something for my board when I get there. My amp is fine. I've decided to abandon my quest for a power supply that can...
  18. T

Power Supply Help

Hey all, I'm trying to find the tidiest way to power my board, and right now my rig consists of: 5 9VDC pedals 1 18VDC pedal Eventide Timefactor Line 6 M9 I've looked at everything from a PP2+, Cioks DC10, Supa Charger, and CAE 403 Power System and nothing looks like it can handle all...
  19. T

Orange AD30 Users... Overdrive Question...

Hey all, thanks for reading. I've been struggling with finding a good OD box for my Orange AD30- as I understand it, the AD30 isn't exactly super pedal-friendly... so far everything sounds either very harsh or muddy. The best results I've had have been the left side of the BB+ and FD2... what...
  20. T

AD30HTC Year differences?

I got my AD30HTC about two years ago, and I just saw that they released a new one... what are the differences? I can't really complain about mine so I won't, but just curious as to what they did with it other than change the front panel graphics...
  21. T

Like a Tim, but not...

I had a Timmy a while back, and I'm trying to get a Tim to see if it fits me better... but I remember the Timmy just didn't cut through with what I was playing at the time... I'm playing a different role in a different band, and I'm looking for something that does what a Timmy/Tim does (low-mid...
  22. T

TC Nova Delay or DD20

Hey-- I'm playing in my worship band at church and am finding that the DD-20 is severely lacking in the volume and clarity dept.... I like it, but I'd really like to be using dual delays and have more space on my board... Should I switch to the Nova? The only thing I'm worried about is the...
  23. T

AC15CC1 Troubles... amp geniuses, your help is needed :(

Hey guys, I need some help with my beloved AC15CC1... Keep in mind, I'm a tube know-nothing... all I know is that tube amps sound good and you have to crank them to get the best sounds. That said, my amp is not working. The fuse blew so I replaced it (apparently the fuses blowing on this amp...
  24. T

Alternatives to the Radial Tonebone Headbone?

The title pretty well says it all- I want to use my Orange AD30 head and Traynor YSR-1 head with an Orange PPC 2X12... I discovered after a little reading that simple cable routing isn't going to help me much, and that a device like the Headbone is necessary... but are there any alternatives I...
  25. T

M13 Settings!

Hey, just until DialedTone.com gets up and running (any update on that would be great!)- share your settings! Maybe share some settings that sound like other pedals (e.g. "The 'Screamer' model sounds like the Full-Drive 2 at this setting!")