• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. Baminated

Band practice panic. Just made the band but having second thoughts.

actually, and i am only speculating, but i have heard that the digitech "drop" pedal faithfully reproduces the dropped notes - so the signature "open string" riffs can be done in other keys, provided the reports are true. That would require the bassist having one as well as the guitarist (s)...
  2. Baminated

Opinions on this (blame game)

Excellent meme idea
  3. Baminated

Defintely pick the tunes you can sing comfortably that fit your range to where your voice sounds best. If any of the 6 are too high or even just a little, drop it. Then just go to the band with the ones you can do without giving yourself vocal damage. Tell them the others are out of your range...
  4. Baminated

yeah, that's kind of a red flag. I guess you could get a good vocal program like Ken Tamplin's to strengthen the pipes and extend your range
  5. Baminated

Just some more anecdotal stuff - Ive been gigging since 1988, was full time muso for decades, bachelor's degree in music, etc . . . Recently , as a day jobber now, I took a gig where i had to learn close to 30 tunes in 2 weeks. It was the most stressful situation i put myself in in a long...
  6. Baminated

Any gig where there is a ton of homework, especially since i have a day job now, is a no go. If i have 1 week, I will learn 5 unfamiliar cover songs TOPS (maybe). If they are OKN's (Original Key Nazis, and refuse to bend, get out. OR you might even use the fact that those tunes are out of range...
  7. Baminated

That's what I call PERFECT harmonies! Wow!

DAYUM !! they nailed it and then some - didn't just go through the motions !
  8. Baminated

The Bam's All Time Favorite Pop Songs Youtube playlist

surpassed 100 tunes so far
  9. Baminated

Geezer bands... Kind of embarrassing.

If you are getting the crowd which the venue was smart enough to get in there in the first place, and you are keeping them there buying food and drink, you have held up your end of the bargain ! Matters not what the band looks like or the age range
  10. Baminated

Wedding Gigs, Dad requesting "I Loved Her First" - Douchey Title of Ownership to Groom ?

Everything else in your post I do agree with however I find this particular statement quoted to be kind of strange from a data sufficiency perspective. I'm having trouble seeing the correlation between what one chooses as an Avatar Photo and their marital status or lack thereof. So in order 4...
  11. Baminated

Wedding Gigs, Dad requesting "I Loved Her First" - Douchey Title of Ownership to Groom ?

Okay this we can agree on. Definitely from a Pure commercial utility perspective it definitely works. I guess excessive pesticides work also on the food that we eat
  12. Baminated

Hired Guns on Amazon

He may have said "guitar parts" , not "guitar tracks" . In studio lingo, a solo is NOT a "part"
  13. Baminated

This is actually the heart of it that I didn't even realize until some very astute fathers as yourself and others brought this up. So it's actually even worse then what was presented in my OP. There is now a very creepy "pedo dad" overtone that has been deduced from some astute peeps here. Wow...
  14. Baminated

Doood, not at any point did i endorse using the snark, its just an ok tuner. I Can detect a very serious tone in your post
  15. Baminated

" I don't need permission, I make my own decisions..." cool, got it
  16. Baminated

Nice somebody who has trouble discerning dark sarcasm from reality. I can see an overpaid thinker in our midst. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect
  17. Baminated

The Bam's All Time Favorite Pop Songs Youtube playlist

Ongoing and perpetually incomplete https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_smsY1Z5FeHvT0S3xVHA0y102r39o6E7
  18. Baminated

yikes- know what the worst thing is (for me) is for that one? It's kind of a complicated tune, so you actually have to pay attention while playing it. vDEf want a chart because having to go over that one by ear would require alot of passes, with each note being like chinese water torture...
  19. Baminated

Coming from a very dark place - someone who chose to do music for a living
  20. Baminated

Remaining silent so as not to be fired from a wedding band
  21. Baminated

The song lyrics are more than implying it - The thread topic is the selection of the song, "I Loved Her First" for the Daddy/Daughter Dance. Respectfully Submitted
  22. Baminated

there's no way i ever could unless i had a daughter, but my admitting that I don't believe necessarily "closes the case" to where you can slam the gavel down. Now, i can understand if your daughter is a girl and she's dating through school, and you have to instill some fear into the boy - damn...
  23. Baminated

I'm guessin you were cleaning your guns in the chapel parking lot ?