• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. C

ES-335 Fat Neck

Awesome - I have a red one and it's a great guitar. I love the neck. I agree about the neck pickup though - I've never been able to dial the overwhelming bass out of it. Otherwise I love it.
  2. C

Guitar building workshop at Purdue

LOL - nope, not me. I was even more rare - an English major..... HAHA.
  3. C

Guitar building workshop at Purdue

what year did you graduate? They didn't have this when I graduated in '95 either - too bad - I may have actually gone to class! LOL
  4. C

Kohno Classical Guitars

Great guitars - every one I've seen or played has been of top notch build quality. They can be hard to find used, so if the price is right I'd snap it up. They open up nicely over the years as well.
  5. C

Don Grosh Custom Hollow Set Neck Has Arrived!!!!

Holy crap - about 2 weeks ago I typed out an email to Stu asking if Don could build that EXACT guitar..... with regular F holes though. I didn't send it because honestly, I was afraid to even see the cost estimate, but man, that is SO weird. Your description of Gretsch meets Grosh is exactly...
  6. C

Gibson ES335 "Fat Neck" - initial report and pics

You know, the Gibson site says it's supposed to have the long pickguard, but obviously this one doesn't. It was also actually built in '06 which I find a bit odd, but oh well!
  7. C

I tried to get some pics of the neck from the side. It's really difficult to get pics that accurately depict the size of the neck, but take a look at these.....
  8. C

Oh yeah, you can expect to see some things in the emporium from me soon.... LOL!
  9. C

I've had a few H535's over the years, and to me their standard neck is a little bigger than the regular 335 slim neck, but not nearly as beefy as this one. Somewhere in between. I know you can order just about any size neck from Heritage though and they are nice guitars.
  10. C

Hi guys - you can PM or email me for details, but I got it from MF online. They have the prices listed - it was about $100 less for that color than I had seen on other sites. I bought it from them because I wanted to have that return policy in my back pocket if you know what I mean!
  11. C

probably a good plan, but I couldn't stand it anymore! I had put some money aside for something else that fell through, so I just had to go for it. :Devil
  12. C

These are actually nice looking parts - no complaints. I'll probably keep them unless they develop issues. And thanks! Sure - will try to get those up tomorrow evening!
  13. C

Got a new Gibson ES335 Fat Neck a couple of days ago and I thought I'd post some initial impressions for those who may be wondering. From an aesthetic point of view, I really think Gibson nailed it on this one. The color is a dark cherry rather than the bright red that many ES335s are, and...
  14. C

Gibson Service is driving me nuts !

That's what I was thinking as well. You have to jump through some major hoops to get a new (official) Fender decal as well. Sounds to me like they are trying to help.
  15. C

Gibson 333 Pickup Replacement Recommendations

Can't really go wrong with Fralins, or WCRs and Lollars for that matter. If you want to save some money, I really like Duncan Seth Lovers in a semi hollow.
  16. C

The understated elegance of a goldtop....

I love this guitar.....
  17. C

Anyone played the ES335 "Fat Neck" yet?

He may not be the only one.... lol....:Devil
  18. C

Anyone played the ES335 "Fat Neck" yet?

Has anyone seen one of these in person or actually played one? The specs are interesting - very similar to the '59 Reissue but less expensive. Just wonder how fat that "Fat Neck" is and if the thinner body make any difference. http://www.gibson.com/_microsite/electricspanish/335_fatNeck.html
  19. C

'97 American Standard : tell me more 'bout them..

I have a '99 that I love, but it took some work to get to that point. In '97 they had different pickups than the current American Series - the new ones are supposed to be more "vintage" sounding - and in many cases they were using laminates on the front and back for clear finishes. Not that any...
  20. C

Fender Super Sonic - anyone own or played?

Interesting - that was always one of my issues with the Hot Rod series of Fender amps as well - they go from off to LOUD with little in between.
  21. C

actually, that's what got me thinking about this amp - his sounded really good, but hell, it's Beck so I'm not sure it's a fair evaluation at all! :AOK And I love the Vibro King - they are pricey though.
  22. C

The Mutt (Anatomy of a Road Warrior)

awesome - nothing better than the real deal - I bet that thing sounds freaking amazing
  23. C

Those are good suggestions. Thanks for everyone's response. I'll definitely play before buying, but may expand the search as well. Just looking for a variety of sounds in something that's not too expensive. I guess I could always run a ME-50 or Tonelab through the DRRI as well....
  24. C

Thanks guys - I have a DRRI, so what really appeals to be is the bassman and "burn" options just for variety. The Harmony Central reviews seem to be decent, but I really have zero faith in those any more.