• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. heavyrebel

New Amp From Carr - Super Bee

It'll be an Eminence Copperhead for the 1x10.
  2. heavyrebel

Steve posted this on facebook with a picture, but here is the text. 6BeeM8 – ECL82 What is the 6BM8? The 6BM8 is a 9 pin current production tube containing one high gain triode (pre amp tube) and one power pentode in the same glass envelope. The power tube section has a dissipation of 7...
  3. heavyrebel

Carr Super Bee Nested in Classic Black Face Super Reverb Fullerton sounds with all the usable power needed for great tone and great fun! - Super Seductive, Super Rocking, Super Black Face inspired swagger sporting current production 6BeeM8...
  4. heavyrebel

Sold Carr Lincoln **PRICE DROP**

2 EL-84's sound like 4.
  5. heavyrebel

Carr Telstar vs Carr Mercury V

There will be a video coming out soon from Carr that features a band with two guitarists playing thru both the Telstar and Merc V. It was shot Friday and it being edited now. You'll be able to hear them both at the same time and see who is playing what, etc.
  6. heavyrebel

Guitar Center...you're killing me Smalls! (Carr Amplifiers content)

Led Zeppelin in a purple box.
  7. heavyrebel

Carr Skylark

It's been awhile and nobody took notes, but I know we changed a Mallory cap to a Jupiter, changed the value of a Solen, simplified some ground wire routing, and changed where a couple resistors connect.
  8. heavyrebel

ThroBak vintage pickups

I've bought pickups over and over for Teles mostly, but no satisfaction. Finally I beefed up the caps. If a Tele had a .22, then I'd put in a .47. If it had a .47 then I'd put in a .1. It made the pickups sound full and not anemic and tinkly. Finally I'm satisfied withmy Teles. On my Gibson...
  9. heavyrebel

Best non-NOS tube? Are there "boutique" tubes?

We've had to cut back on selling replacement tubes, trying to conserve what we have for production. But we get them from TAD and Tungsol mostly, Tube Depot, Tube Store, Antique Electronics Supply, etc.
  10. heavyrebel

Does a single channel Deluxe Reverb-ish amp exist?

Sportsman is my favorite.
  11. heavyrebel

Vibrato technique question...

BB was a righty.
  12. heavyrebel

Carr Skylark Vs Carr Telstar

Sportsman has the same control layout as an Impala and it's 19 watts. Impala Jr. for some.
  13. heavyrebel

NAD Carr Sportsman

I just put the Texas Heat back in. It rocks more. The Ruby is smoother, less jagged. I like the jagged.
  14. heavyrebel

Carr Rambler question...Very Treble-y?

Fun trick.
  15. heavyrebel

Celestion Copperback

Brokeback
  16. heavyrebel

NAD Carr Sportsman

Celestion Ruby sounds damned good in a Sportsman.
  17. heavyrebel

Can a Carr Rambler do an authentic blackface tone?

You can use your Rambler differently by inverting the controls. Turn off bass/mid/treble, crank the volume. Then bring up the tone stack slowly. You'll figure it out from there. Juices the amp and makes you attenuate it with the tone stack.
  18. heavyrebel

Carr Telstar

Well, I lied before about the 2 weeks. Looks like your amp is going out to Electric Mojo today!
  19. heavyrebel

Carr Telstar

It went Tuesday. I bet they don't even have it there yet.
  20. heavyrebel

Carr Telstar

That one went out. What a great gift!
  21. heavyrebel

Carr Telstar

Just finished your chassy. I'd show you pics here but that seems more complicated than building an amp.
  22. heavyrebel

Carr Telstar

I'm actually wiring up the chassy for yours today! Things going the way they usually do, that means you'll probably see it in about 2 weeks. Orders went crazy at the turn of the year, probably right when you ordered this. We do appreciate everyone who is waiting and want you to know it will...
  23. heavyrebel

Carr Telstar

Which one is it?
  24. heavyrebel

Roland blues cube artist

Elsinore is the combination of the Wizard cone and RWB magnet, coming as close to the original Kingpin as we could. Yeah, it costs to go to UK. Check with CODA Music. They might have a spare.
  25. heavyrebel

Roland blues cube artist

They're $100 plus freight. Write to info@carramps.com. Include your address and can get a total quote.