• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. radcliff

Guitar tuning issues

Can you move up to 10s? I notice more reliable tuning with heavier strings. They tend to hold up to abuse a bit more.
  2. radcliff

Does this ‘86 Fender 57 reissue seem right to you?

It’s hard to show in photos but those are not nitro checking cracks - they are bubbled lines that come up off the surface - so there’s a raised texture to them, unlike typical checking.
  3. radcliff

The body is legit but that’s black poly paint over CAR nitro. Fender was indeed using nitro on their vintage 57 reissue series out of the Corona plant.
  4. radcliff

I’ve got some additional pics - it seems to me that it’s a nice 86 but was refinished at some point with poly.
  5. radcliff

Good question - this seems like a Fullerton curve to me.
  6. radcliff

Finally found one of these Corona 57 reissues - I was excited about the nitro paint but does this seem right? I don’t know if a refin situation is happening here or if it’s a completely wrong body - no date codes to be seen.
  7. radcliff

Pedal Steel- My nine year old is interested in learning. HELP!

I respectfully disagree with the mandolin/guitar analogy. If you are enjoying your pedal steel experience and never got into the bend and muting aspects of lap, it sounds like you’ve found a better instrument match for your style.:beer
  8. radcliff

But you have worked on your pitch, your right-hand muting, and if you got into behind-bar bends or hand levers - those basic raises are at least a preview. Sure, the string spacing is different and the bar is a whole different type, but if you’re going from open E lap to E9 steel, there’s at...
  9. radcliff

As previously said, there is a big advantage to starting on lap steel. When you start on pedal steel you’ll quickly realize you suck at all four limbs - fingerpicks, bar technique, the pedals, and the volume bit. It can be overwhelming. Lap at least gets you going on the bar and the hand...
  10. radcliff

Discounts on New Gear.

The GC haggling ability went away around 2009/2010. There used to be “deals” that you could always count on: A Hot Rod Deville for 600 after tax, a Line6 DL4 for 200 after tax, etc. Those days are gone. They switched to a standard Best Buy type store model.
  11. radcliff

Fender '62ri Telecaster: Why are these never for sale?

I wish I could tell you! I'm wondering too :confused: My guess is a faded transparent blonde of some sort.
  12. radcliff

Who doesn't use straplocks?

I just use the enlarged pins like what comes on Suhr classics....I don't need straplocks...the guitar never gets flung around enough to need em
  13. radcliff

SG 61 reissue: Does yours fit your case?

i have the same issue with my SG and what sounds like the same type of case i use a towel under the body to make it lay easier
  14. radcliff

Buying a new Tele: 52 vintage RI or American Deluxe Ash?

I've never seen this Wildwood shop, wow they have a nice amnt of stock! :)