• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. guitrr

Who is actually paying 8k for a i-35?!

I absolutely concur. I have to admit I’m biased, as I own a H2SH acoustic and a 360LTM electric already. Nonetheless, I toured the factory last October, and to say I was very highly impressed would be an understatement. The attention to detail shown by every single employee is beyond measure...
  2. guitrr

Gigs you attended, so loud it sounded like white noise and songs hard to identify ?

Alice In Chains, outdoors, around 2016. They played well, but were so loud it hurt. The sound man must have come from a techno background, because the mix was all bass. My wife and I walked out halfway through the show, and she still tells people it is the worst concert she’s ever attended.
  3. guitrr

Favourite not popular guitarist?

Chris Cain. He should be a Blues superstar. Great soloist, but I love his comping.
  4. guitrr

Melvin Taylor
  5. guitrr

Jack Pearson
  6. guitrr

Duke Levine
  7. guitrr

Low Power Combo for Cleans

Swart STR Trem
  8. guitrr

I'm trying really hard to appreciate Billie Eilish . . .

You could walk into a choir rehearsal at any university and find half a dozen young women just as (or more) talented,
  9. guitrr

Anderson Appreciation Thread

It’s that light. Before I bought it on Reverb I wrote to the seller and asked, “Is that a typo? Five and a half pounds?” He replied, “No typo, it’s really that light.”
  10. guitrr

NGD: PRS Silver Sky (Dodgem Blue)

No, that’s made by one of our own TGP guys, he sells them on Reverb
  11. guitrr

NGD: PRS Silver Sky (Dodgem Blue)

Not a great photo, but here’s my Orion Green. It looks spectacular in person.
  12. guitrr

My Hollow Shorty T, Rosewood top, Alder Body, stained maple neck and fingerboard, Even Taper neck profile, 5.5 lbs. My only mod has been to install Ron Ellis pickups.
  13. guitrr

Let’s see your #1

Hahn Model C
  14. guitrr

Clapton's blues playing...show me what the fuss is about.

Greg Koch really nails it here. To paraphrase him, if Clapton had done nothing after Mayall and Cream, his place in the pantheon of guitar heroes would still be very secure. Eric Clapton was the Stevie Ray Vaughan of the 1960s; at a time when very few people, especially white people, were...
  15. guitrr

What's your favorite all tube 1x12 combo amp?

I’m with you, Valpreaux is a killer amp!
  16. guitrr

so I posted my new tele on FB tele tuesday

You can imagine the reactions I get in that group when I post my Strandberg Salen :confused:
  17. guitrr

Cool to play Dead songs at bar gigs?

My GD hating band member is the bassist, which strikes me as odd, given that if you’re covering Phil Lesh’s bass parts, the sky is the limit :D I’ve thrown Fire on the Mountain and/or Franklin’s Tower into shows a few times when people have sat in with us, because a song you can teach in ten...
  18. guitrr

What's your favorite all tube 1x12 combo amp?

My all time favorite is my Swart AST. Lately I’ve used my Fuchs Full House quite a bit. I also have a Goodsell Super 17 that’s great, and it has the lushest trem I’ve ever heard.
  19. guitrr

Realizing that after all these years, I'm really not a very good player...

BB King, Billy Gibbons, Eric Clapton, Carlos Santana, etc; them and many others played basically the same licks with the same tone for most of their careers. Who cares? As long as you get satisfaction out of what you play, embrace it. Most of the guitar players in the world never advance...
  20. guitrr

The guitars not close to me as I type this, but I do know the neck is an Even Taper +.30
  21. guitrr

One Week Later... Silver Sky impressions (UPDATE)

Both of these pickguards were made by our own danelectro: On the right is my Orion Green Silver Sky with white pearl guard. Below is my black SS with a black pearl guard.
  22. guitrr

People who insist on their Strat being SSS, what do you use the bridge pickup for?

I tend to use mine for tele type bite, and Billy Gibbonsesque pinch harmonics